British Speedway Forum

Pirates 2014

What loophole? I may be wrong but didn't Lewis Kerr and Jason Garrity both finish with higher PL averages than Kyle?

Lewis Kerr came through a Kings Lynn National lge team so maybe on that basis they should be rewarded but as I put in another post it shouldn't matter as NO RIDER should have been in the draft with a Premier lge average of above 5 anyway.

There is no way Newman should've been in the draft as when did he ride for Poole or Bournemouth Buccaneers in the national lge anyway???

A protected asset on a basis of riding for them in the last 2 seasons would've been fair.

Blimey sour grapes before a wheel has turned!!

Easy to call it sour grapes but come up with a valid reason of why a rider who has been in the Premier lge for how many seasons is in a draft with riders who have rode only one season or less in the National lge???.

Please read my points & try & look past the Poole bit as I'd be saying the same if Newman was at any other club.

Lewis Kerr came through a Kings Lynn National lge team so maybe on that basis they should be rewarded but as I put in another post it shouldn't matter as NO RIDER should have been in the draft with a Premier lge average of above 5 anyway.

There is no way Newman should've been in the draft as when did he ride for Poole or Bournemouth Buccaneers in the national lge anyway???

A protected asset on a basis of riding for them in the last 2 seasons would've been fair.

Easy to call it sour grapes but come up with a valid reason of why a rider who has been in the Premier lge for how many seasons is in a draft with riders who have rode only one season or less in the National lge???.

Please read my points & try & look past the Poole bit as I'd be saying the same if Newman was at any other club.

Newman was born in Poole, rode for the buccaneers in 2009 and rode for Weymouth who are closely linked to poole, he may have over a 5 point average but Kerr is over 6 and would probably be good enough to ride in the 1-5. lambert isn't in the reserve draft because he chose not to be but he could have been and his nl average converts to over 6 pl average also. Why pick Newman out, it is only because he rides for Poole otherwise you would have picked Garrity who is a Belle Vue boy yet turns up at another club on a higher average than Newman.

Precisely so he rode one season 5 seasons ago & is allowed to be protected on that basis.

I assume then he's done 4 seasons in the Premier lge since then as well???.

Madness of a decision & meanwhile riders like Auty, Roynon & Birks who have been riding for less time are left on the shelf.

Newman was born in Poole, rode for the buccaneers in 2009 and rode for Weymouth who are closely linked to poole, he may have over a 5 point average but Kerr is over 6 and would probably be good enough to ride in the 1-5. lambert isn't in the reserve draft because he chose not to be but he could have been and his nl average converts to over 6 pl average also. Why pick Newman out, it is only because he rides for Poole otherwise you would have picked Garrity who is a Belle Vue boy yet turns up at another club on a higher average than Newman.

Have answered about the other 2 so if you think it's Poole bias then fair play but I know it's not & will end it there as your points on him bring born in Poole, riding for one season in 2009 & linking Weymouth to it as well are so irrelevant it's beyond reason.

I bet Belle Vue wish they said as Garrity was born there he should ride for them.

None of Garrity, Kerr or Newman should've been in the draft but I guess that's Poole bias as well!!!!!!

Precisely so he rode one season 5 seasons ago & is allowed to be protected on that basis.

I assume then he's done 4 seasons in the Premier lge since then as well???.

Madness of a decision & meanwhile riders like Auty, Roynon & Birks who have been riding for less time are left on the shelf.

Have answered about the other 2 so if you think it's Poole bias then fair play but I know it's not & will end it there as your points on him bring born in Poole, riding for one season in 2009 & linking Weymouth to it as well are so irrelevant it's beyond reason.

I bet Belle Vue wish they said as Garrity was born there he should ride for them.

None of Garrity, Kerr or Newman should've been in the draft but I guess that's Poole bias as well!!!!!!

So you should have started with that as your point instead of once again pointing the finger solely at Poole in your initial post and i believe Garrity has ridden for Belle Vue in the past. I was merely pointing out Newman's strong links to the club and as he also has ridden for us previously not only at nl level but also at el level then he should be protected. Newman like Garrity is also a club asset which must count as a very strong part of the ruling.

Edited by foreverblue

So you should have started with that as your point instead of once again pointing the finger solely at Poole in your initial post and i believe Garrity has ridden for Belle Vue in the past. I was merely pointing out Newman's strong links to the club and as he also has ridden for us previously not only at nl level but also at el level then he should be protected.

Probably because its a Poole thread - just a wild guess :wink:

I don't follow your logic on why he should be protected but its not really up for debate as he was protected.

So you should have started with that as your point instead of once again pointing the finger solely at Poole in your initial post and i believe Garrity has ridden for Belle Vue in the past. I was merely pointing out Newman's strong links to the club and as he also has ridden for us previously not only at nl level but also at el level then he should be protected. Newman like Garrity is also a club asset which must count as a very strong part of the ruling.

I did do that on the draft thread but simply replied to a post on this thread about Kyle Newman & it went from there.

I'll stick to staying away from this thread in future but have always taken an interest in Poole as have watched more meetings there than anywhere else apart from Swindon.

Edited by Crazy robin

I did do that on the draft thread but simply replied to a post on this thread about Kyle Newman & it went from there.

I'll stick to staying away from this thread in future but have always taken an interest in Poole as have watched more meetings there than anywhere else apart from Swindon.

Now c'mon Crazy, you know that if you want to infiltrate the Poole topics you have to tow the Poole Party Line! Debate is not an option!!

• Like 1

Probably because its a Poole thread - just a wild guess :wink:

I don't follow your logic on why he should be protected but its not really up for debate as he was protected.

So he posts a antagonistic comment on a poole thread and doesn't expect anyone to defend their club!!

If a rider is in the draft list then his parent club should be able to have their asset in their team shouldn't they?

Now c'mon Crazy, you know that if you want to infiltrate the Poole topics you have to tow the Poole Party Line! Debate is not an option!!

Never mind a debate but as usual it started off with the old loophole accusation.

As some will know on here i am not one to tow the party line, in fact i have agreed with alot of comments on some of the things Poole have done in the past.

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 2

Garrity was sold by BV to Rye House, hence the reason he's riding for Coventry in 2014. Bees had first pick and chose wisely.

You can't make any sort of comment on this thread or you get accused of Poole bashing its a paranoia thing. Fortunately there are some decent Poole fans who understand debate and opinion. I said I would be concerned about the team building if I was a Poole fan and got abuse yet I've just read 3 pages of Poole fans worried about their side! Some just argue for arguments sake.

spot on

With 1 or 2 exceptions