British Speedway Forum

Pirates 2014

'Magic' Janowski is a wonderful acquisition to anyone. I can understand peoples doubts though, But once his attitude matches that of his ability he will be world class.

Probably one of the best YOUNG riders in the world today. Some of his exploits at Lynn were the best seen for many a year.

• Like 1

Showing your knowledge of all things Poole again Gavan!!!!!

Magic is NOT racing in Sweden in 2014, so I would suggest that Britain (and Poole in particular)is very much one of his priorities - along with Poland of course. Strange that, with him being Polish and all!!

sorry for an opinion! he will have good meetings especially at home. just think that to a lot of the poles over here (skornicki the exception) they see british racing as a back up to their overseas commitments. Magic will undoubtedly focus on gp qualifying and racking up the points in Poland. Someone of his ability as shown in the world cup and the under 21's beating Darcy should be averaging over 8 not under 7. be interesting to see if he does step up as you rightly point out he isn't riding in Sweden. Will he turn up at Eastbourne though lol.

Now to wait for someone to say its Poole bashing again!

I think Gavan is right about Poles and there performance at away tracks. Thats why I like the side Coventry have built, all pretty much experienced at all away tracks and should collect solid points often enough for Coventry to get away league points. I seen Janowski at Brandon in 2013 and he was awful, he certainly has the talent to average 8+ but he needs to crack the smaller away tracks (and coventry) before being considered anything above a 3rd heat leader in Britain.

So if my info is right, Pirates have 4,55 left for the final rider. Hopefully they give another season to Ludvig Lidgren 4.48 who as a second string begind a good top three should be ok for points especially when up against reserves. Or will they go with the experience of Ales Dryml 4.51 or the potential of Nico Covatti 4.50 or go for Lasse Bjerre 4.28 ?

There are some big teams built so far but this looks like a team that will get a few spankings away from home now and again but no doubt changes will be ade in the season.

I believe either you have the averages wrong or your calculations are flawed.

So if my info is right, Pirates have 4,55 left for the final rider. Hopefully they give another season to Ludvig Lidgren 4.48 who as a second string begind a good top three should be ok for points especially when up against reserves. Or will they go with the experience of Ales Dryml 4.51 or the potential of Nico Covatti 4.50 or go for Lasse Bjerre 4.28 ?

There are some big teams built so far but this looks like a team that will get a few spankings away from home now and again but no doubt changes will be ade in the season.

So your info is that Poole have signed another 6.95 rider to still have 4.55 left?! Who would that be then? Shamek Pawlicki (as some have suggested) is on 7.09, leaving only 4.41, which would also rule out Tungate!! Certain journalists are suggesting Klindt (I hope not!) others are suggesting a 'new' rider?!

How about Madsen on 6.10, leaving 5.40 for the final place?

• Like 1

Can I ask a question guys, why are you simply not signing KK and going top heavy like Belle Vue and Kings Lynn. Re Janowski he was abysmal at Brandon (SS commented at the time) but Poles can be awful away. Ask Bees fans about Zengota at Belle Vue. Ironically the exception is Shamek Pawlicki, brilliant at Monmore And Lakeside in 2011. Could still be great if he could avoid injuries.

Shamek will be on a 7.09 leaving 4.41 for the final place.

Or is it 4.22?

Does Kyle Newman's "top-up" average get deducted from the 1-5 32 point limit. We can't tell whether or not that will happen as both Kings Lynn and Coventry are well under the limit so on their current declarations it makes no difference.

Newmans average doesn't come into play as he is at reserve.

Do we know for sure (since we aren't privvy to the regulations).

If Newman had turned down riding at reserve like Robert Lambert he would have used his real average. Although previously declared in EL 1-7's I'm not sure he ever attained an actual average. In that case he would have had to use his 2013 converted PL average (5.32 = 3.19).

I actually think Kerr, Garrity and Newman should use there real averages - I said so before the draft. They have been given the benefit of inclusion in the draft (rightly so), but a rider like Ashley Birks by committing to the EL last season misses out. I understand why, and actually I think they've go this spot on in terms of where the break point is.

But (assuming I've identified them correctly), Newman's current EL average is 3.19 and Birks 3.06. There is a relevance still, because if Newman were poached from Poole over the winter to fill a second string spot somewhere it would be on his true EL average (3.19 assuming his EL history is an assessed 3).

As I say we don't know, but the two times it could be put to the test are inconclusive.