British Speedway Forum

Pirates 2014

Could Poole be about to do some magic and sign two very good young Polish riders to back up Darcy ?

Shame K K couldn't be back but Leicester may still be in for him

Maybe the answer is in the text ?

Has Janowski declared himself out of British racing and would Prez Pawlicki ride here ?

Would certainly be a good top three with Ward, Pawlicki and Janowski and still leave enough for Grajzonek and another 4.5 rider

So Maciej Janowski confirmed - leaving 11.50 for the final 2, to be announced before Christmas.

Contracts have been offered and just depends on any major fixture clashes with the draft EL fixtures issued last weekend!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

Welcome back Magic......... http://www.speedwaygb.co/news.php?extend.23492

PIRATES BRING BACK JANOWSKI

TUESDAY DECEMBER 17, 2013
janowski_maciej.jpg WORLD Cup winner Maciej Janowski will be back with Poole next season as they attempt to defend the Elite League title.

Janowski, who became a club asset of the Pirates last winter, was heavily involved in their late-season charge to glory, and now becomes the fifth name on their 2014 team sheet.

Promoter Matt Ford said: “There is no doubt that Magic played a huge part in helping us win the league last season. But both Magic and I believe he has even more to offer the club.

“He is an absolute pleasure to work with and at only 22 years of age, I feel he can blossom into a consistent World-class star alongside Darcy Ward next season. With an average of 6.95 he is the sort of rider who ticks all the boxes – I am confident he will improve on that.”

Dakota North would be a decent signing. As much as I enjoy watching the Polish riders, I'm not too excited about having too many in the team as it more often than not leads to issues with their governing body.

Perhaps not a surprise that Janowski is back.

It remains to be seen if he can really step up to a heat leader role. Despite him improving last season it is still shocking to see his average is below 7.

Will need to add a point on that if Poole are to carry on their winning ways.

Well we only have one Pole at the moment and as long as the SEC rounds co-incide with Eastbourne and Leicester Saturday away fixtures, we should be fine!!! :wink::P

Fingers crossed ;) I expect magic to finish with an 8pt average at least, if he lasts the season.

I read your comments, but honestly I don't agree with what you say. I get the impression as long as you're watching Greg, Darcy and Noddy your happy. whereas the name and class of rider to me is unimportant. what I want to see is excitement, competition, and everybody playing from the same hymn sheet. I have gone to many meetings and the one sided matches are a waste of time and do nothing to enthral new supporters. Having watched the Young Stars last year, I saw some really exciting and close racing. I think the main difference between you and I, is that I don't mind if we lose, Hence the old saying happiness is 40-38 or even 38- 40. either way it would have been a close encounter that was obviously exciting.

Without excitement the sport it's pointless.

What a load of dross, your impression of me and the main difference between us is mind boggling, i dont know you from adam, and you certainly dont know me.

I would much rather watch a close match than a trouncing, but i dont want to see mediocre riders and pay top money for the privilage. I guess you watch K/L so i hope you enjoy watching your bottom 4 get trounced. :t:

• Like 1

Perhaps not a surprise that Janowski is back.

It remains to be seen if he can really step up to a heat leader role. Despite him improving last season it is still shocking to see his average is below 7.

Will need to add a point on that if Poole are to carry on their winning ways.

He doesn't need to step up, he was a heat leader last season riding at number 5. He progressed alot thoughout the season and at home he was terrific just needs to workout away tracks a bit better but as he proved in the play offs and the world cup the potential is definately there.

• Like 2