British Speedway Forum

Pirates 2014

... And keeping out of trouble in Oz - or he may not be back :wink:

He'l be back. Darcys a changed lad. ;)

Josh last season improved his level and has to maintain his end of season form ro be a 6 point rider, Morris should improve a little but batch wont and I cant see kuldemand improving much whreas Darcy will improve after a poor start to last season he will improve by half a point in my opinion

So the Poole team has the capabilities but the Robins don't? :neutral:

You could argue that Batchelor is still improving. He is not that far below GP standard and has stated that last year's financial worries hampered the team, so it is not unreasonable to think there is more to come. I think if he were to get in to the GP's then there would be even more to come as he would be riding at a better level against better riders.

Kildemand has increased his average by 4 points in 2 seasons and he has made giant strides over that time. Given his propensity to have thrown away plenty of points by thinking he is Colt Seavers, a more measured approach will definitely reap benefits and no reason why he cannot continue to improve...say 1/2 point?

He'l be back. Darcys a changed lad. ;)

Has Australia introduced a drink and drugs ban since he was last there then? :P

• Like 1

Really? In a league that is severely watered down you don't think Morris will continue to improve? Kildemand probably the most exciting rider in the league - after Ward and Batch being able to maintain or improve his level back to his best year at Peterborough? I think you are wrong but we will see.

Can I ask where you think the improvement will come from Poole's announced riders in the 1-5? Ward is already top of the averages and Josh G has been around for 6 years and hardly set the world on fire in that time - and now in the 1-5 rather than reserve?

ah but this is anti poole bile isn't it? I said poole haven't built there side yet. a high flying reserve in the top 5 though Wards class speaks for itself and im accused of poole bashing

Josh G a heat leader?????? not in my book

Has Australia introduced a drink and drugs ban since he was last there then? :P

Im glad you put that smilley there, because those who knock him will be eating their words mate come next October, believe me...

Josh G a heat leader?????? not in my book

Don't know much about your book mate, but he has the potential to be just that..

Josh has the capabillities of becoming a heatleader eventually,

Haven't seen any evidence of this yet. He has been around the fringes of the EL for a while now.

Poole fans probably see a lot more of his abilities and a lot will depend on him improving his average again this season.

Haven't seen any evidence of this yet. He has been around the fringes of the EL for a while now.

Poole fans probably see a lot more of his abilities and a lot will depend on him improving his average again this season.

You will.

Amazing how a rider in a Poole race suit suddenly becomes a potential heat leader when they've shown no evidence in the past at Swindon or Belle Vue.

Just waiting for him being a potential GP rider post next.

The potential gp rider is apparently Robert Lambert if you believe kings lynn fans! Personally think josh will be a top second string but heat leader pushing it a bit.

No idea as I don't count the crowd. However talking to people who do know I'm led to believe he certainly increased the gate at Poole and at away tracks.

Can't imagined he increased the gate numbers at Belle Vue

• Like 3

Fickle Poole fans probably. Team was awful at the start so the fans stayed away. Start winning matches and sign a legend and back they come

Must be a lot of closet Poole fans at Coventry. :oops:

Horton recently commented about how much the gate increases when Poole are the visitors. :party:

I also read comments about certain tracks needing attendances in the high hundreds, I believe one track quoted 800, to break even. The attendances at Poole are regularly in the thousands so I guess we're not as 'fickle' as the other tracks. ;)

Fickle Poole fans probably. Team was awful at the start so the fans stayed away. Start winning matches and sign a legend and back they come

Give it a rest gavin. Not for the first time you are making a fool of yourself at the expense of Poole. Yes, we do have some fickle fans at Poole but you show me a speedway or even football club that hasn't?

If you don't like Poole Speedway then fine, and if there are certain aspects you like about Poole then great. From what I've read, you can at times, be capable of giving constructive criticism but these points get lost within the predictable, snide and spitefully critical remarks.

It is no better than flaming rhetoric from a troll and that's why very few people take you seriously about your comments on Poole.

Cue yet another wriggling reply on the lines of.....It ain't me gov........ you just don't understand me!

Edited by Poole Quay 7
  • Like 2

Horton recently commented about how much the gate increases when Poole are the visitors. :party:

I also read comments about certain tracks needing attendances in the high hundreds, I believe one track quoted 800, to break even. The attendances at Poole are regularly in the thousands so I guess we're not as 'fickle' as the other tracks. ;)

Id suggest the big crowd for Cov v Poole is because of the recent history more than the riders on show.

• Like 3

I regularly went to Poole the season they finished bottom & there wasn't many there at all & could easily get a seat in the main stand every time so there' were plenty of fickle fans then.

Were you one of them as you seem to have forgot that??

• Like 3

I regularly went to Poole the season they finished bottom & there wasn't many there at all & could easily get a seat in the main stand every time so there' were plenty of fickle fans then.

Were you one of them as you seem to have forgot that??

We didn't have Greg Hancock that year - which was the point of the remark about increased attendances!! :P