British Speedway Forum

Pirates 2014

Think your just guessing mate. As many do on here...

It's called discussion, what a forum is all about. And far less annoying than people posting in an 'I know something you don't' fashion.

I look forward to hearing Mr Ford's side of the story and seeing how much of it I believe :D

• Like 6

Darcy set to start as #1 then next season, what is the situation regarding Magic, Zorro, THJ and Dyer ?

9.07 Darcy Ward

4.48 Josh Grajzonek

add 6.95 Maciej Janowski and there is 11.52 remaining

6.84 Rory Schlein + Rohan Tungate 4.59 ?

6.39 Edward Kennett + 4.98 Magnus Zetterstrom ?

Would go THJ & Rohan if available only one loan fee & continuity from last season

No chance 6 riders from last season. Magic will have his best season as will THJ! All riders capable of improving.

Rightly so, but Magic has to improve his away form quite a bit..

• Like 1

From Poole Website this afternoon::-

"Poole chief Matt Ford has admitted his 'disappointment' that Kyle Howarth slapped in a 'want-away' transfer request which has now seen him become a full asset of Premier League club Workington, albeit with a buy-back option clause included.

Howarth, who became a victim of a number of team changes at Poole last season but had never been discarded from Poole’s future plans, rode throughout the campaign for the Comets and returns for the Cumbrian side for a second season, now as a full asset, and has since been confirmed as a member of the Coventry Elite league team.

Ford reveals, "There is strong evidence of some contractual talks having occurred which is in contravention of the rules and regulations within the sport and that has been brought to the attention of the governing authorities. I will leave it everyone to draw their own conclusions from what has happened but I find it somewhat incredulous that, when he is currently dating a Poole-based girl the reasons cited for his transfer request is "that he found Poole too far to travel to,"

"The geographical position of Poole is nothing I have any influence over and when he have such tight points limits to work within I can only afford to have riders in my team who are fully committed to riding for the club. I am fully committed to putting a side together which I believe is capable of successfully defending the league title and will now move forward from this episode with that goal in mind
."

I wonder if we'll hear officially about how much Coventry are likely to be fined!! :wink:

(ps. I also wonder if Middlo's daughter knows?!) :P:D

Edited by Skidder1

" in contravention of the rules and regulations within the sport" LOL, you could not make it up! Mind you,he should know, he's the expert on breaking rules! LOL!

Really, and you can catagorically prove that can you??

" in contravention of the rules and regulations within the sport" LOL, you could not make it up! Mind you,he should know, he's the expert on breaking rules! LOL!

Totally hilarious Skidder...

What a hypocrite our friend Matty is.. :t::rofl:

Ha ha ha, he he he ...

Really, and you can catagorically prove that can you??

Now stop it.I'm laughing so much it hurts :D

• Like 1

Don't bite mate!!!!!

The thing that surprises me is how Worky have raised the cash to buy Howarth, after giving Josh G a hefty signing on fee and buying an airfence?! :wink:

Don't forget buying Rene Bach as well! Our promotors businesses must be doing well :) long may it continue

£15 grand, maybe £20? Believe there are New Owners at Workington.

new owners last season