British Speedway Forum

Pirates 2014

Disappointed with the news that Holder will not be riding in the UK in 2014 - great rider to watch. There is nothing to stop him from riding for another team though is there, if the points limit it the reason Poole are not using him?

Just what I said on the Holder thread!

Disappointed yes but he joins a long line including crump hancock pedersen jonsson who took the money from British speedway then when it came upon hard times they turned their backs when British Speedway needed support. Highly paid mercenaries who are not fit to clean the boots of Harris Nicholls Karlsson and their like.

• Like 1

Holder's decision not to race in the EL in 2014 was taken before any rule changes from the AGM and its nothing to do with money. It was simply finalised with MF before Chris flys back to Oz yesterday/today!! He will be back in the UK in February and still be based in Poole and will undoubtedly ride in any individual or challenge meetings subject to his fitness and availability!!

Edited by Skidder1

Holder's decision not to race in the EL in 2014 was taken before any rule changes from the AGM and its nothing to do with money. It was simply finalised with MF before Chris flys back to Oz yesterday/today!! He will be back in the UK in February and still be based in Poole and will undoubtedly ride in any individual or challenge meetings subject to his fitness and availability!!

Ah so he is riding in Poland and Sweden on an amateur basis now then. :icon_smile_clown: Perhaps he is hoping to represent Australia at the Rio Olympics. :wink:

http://www.speedwayg...up-elite-return

Skidder, didn't be fooled. Yesterdays' statement in which he quotes loss of money has today been edited….

I don't blame riders chasing the money. But this reinforces my belief that they should choose EITHER British Speedway OR the SGP.

From what Leicester promotor David Hemsley told fans last night KK is very much Leicester no1 next season. Loan fee's were agreed at the AGM

KK is based in the City & in fact lives next door to Hemsley.

KK is flying into the country next week to tie the deal up.

Edited by lionking

From what Leicester promotor David Hemsley told fans last night KK is very much Leicester no1 next season. Loan fee's were agreed at the AGM

KK is based in the City & in fact lives next door to Hemsley.

KK is flying into the country next week to tie the deal up.

I dont envy Leicester, KK one of the worst number 1s there is esp when also have GP distractions

• Like 2

Personally i don't want KK as a no1

Alot more committed & passionate riders out there

You treat KK right and he will reward you as being a great number 1. He was great for us. Poole treat him well and he is great for them.

A happy KK is a free scoring KK

From what I saw Holder decided to take a back seat from Speedway in the UK and focus on less racing next year but he did state that if Poole need him at any time he will ride for them. I think you either comite for a team of don't bother. They should not be able to come here and pick and chose where and when they want to ride.

If a desioin is made then they should stick to it.

As for KK at no.1 at Liecster I think they have made the correct move there. May not do so well away from home but hopefully that will change, but he rides the Lions track as if he was born on it. Just hope we get the rest of the team to back him up.

From what I saw Holder decided to take a back seat from Speedway in the UK and focus on less racing next year but he did state that if Poole need him at any time he will ride for them. I think you either comite for a team of don't bother. They should not be able to come here and pick and chose where and when they want to ride.

As for KK at no.1 at Liecster I think they have made the correct move there. May not do so well away from home but hopefully that will change, but he rides the Lions track as if he was born on it. Just hope we get the rest of the team to back him up.

KK will be fine, he can be a top rider with the right team, as for away tracks rides Lakeside well and rides Poole very well!!

Holder's decision not to race in the EL in 2014 was taken before any rule changes from the AGM and its nothing to do with money.

I'm quite surprised none of the other promoters leaked that info. In the past they probably would have done. In fairness they have collectively improved in that area and allowed the promoter and/or rider to make it public (although we still get exceptions).

Another person who's convieniently forgot Chris had a nasty set of injuries sustained during this summer when hitting the wall behind the Airfence at Coventry. That might have some bering on it. Wouldn't you say?? Keep watching the Weather, you might get that right, or if your anything like the forcasters on TV, not..

Edited by Starman2006

Sorry folks, don't agree. KK is world class on his day, but he is a flawed genius if ever I have seen one. I will predict the same as I did last close season when Coventry signed him. He will let the Lions down. Especially if Leicester are not winning, he will be gone by September. The cynic in me says he is back because he has a testimonial...... :o

• Like 1

Holder not to ride for Poole in 2014. Just seen the news on Pooles website. That he will not race in the UK this coming season.

He will ride if Poole need him, thats a fact.

I dont envy Leicester, KK one of the worst number 1s there is esp when also have GP distractions

Leicesters gain is, thankfully everyone else's ;-)

KK will be fine, he can be a top rider with the right team, as for away tracks rides Lakeside well and rides Poole very well!!

KK will be fine .............. when he pulls on a Poole race jacket. Being released twice by different clubs in recent seasons suggests he may be Leicesters nightmare!

Sorry folks, don't agree. KK is world class on his day, but he is a flawed genius if ever I have seen one. I will predict the same as I did last close season when Coventry signed him. He will let the Lions down. Especially if Leicester are not winning, he will be gone by September. The cynic in me says he is back because he has a testimonial...... :o

Good point.