British Speedway Forum

Pirates 2014

Think Matt has a decision to make which I think was already made prior. Anyone attending the presentation evening last Wednesday should have picked up on the interviews. Both Darcy and Kyle said they wanted to be at Poole next season, Chris was never asked about a return.

That's way over the points limit.

I know it is, someone asked me for their averages. If you see posting above I said KK/Pedersen not both.

Think Matt has a decision to make which I think was already made prior. Anyone attending the presentation evening last Wednesday should have picked up on the interviews. Both Darcy and Kyle said they wanted to be at Poole next season, Chris was never asked about a return.

That's way over the points limit.

I know it is, someone asked me for their averages. If you see posting above I said KK/Pedersen not both.

That's true sorry, should have read the previous posts. I agree i can't see Chris Holder returning, maybe Janowski could though, he could be a decent option, put in some terrific performances last season.

Edited by foreverblue

Wasn't there rumours last season that if Leicester did move up then they would aim for KK as their number 1?

On his current average I personally would prefer KK back home at Poole - Particularly as he doesn't seem to enjoy riding for anyone else in the UK hence his low average!?

Edited by Poole Quay 7

Thanks to Matt Ford for actually giving a clearer picture of how the reserves are going to be done rather than the usual ridiculous statement from the BSPA.

See, not that bad really, is he.. :t:

• Like 1

Matt Ford has said that Poole made a profit in 2013, using Ward, Holder and Hancock. Poole can afford to run with Ward and Holder. Poole are promoted correctly and bring in good sponsorship and the crowds to see the turbo twins in action.

A selfish post no doubt about it,

Yep, you said it.

The problem is, crowds do turn up when Holder, Ward and Woffinden are in town. They don't turn up when Eastbourne and Belle Vue are riding.

Well said. Apparently the EL cant afford the top stars. The EL cant do without them. Full stop.

Typical response from Shovlar, to hell with the rest, as long as Poole are the best!!

Maybe when he finds an "Elite" league of 5 clubs, he may decide different, but then again, if Poole won that league, he won't care!!!

Poole should do what Daugavpils do and join the Polish league. Then they can compete with clubs that are able to build much stronger sides.

What price the 2 Poole reserves will be Newman and Holder J.?? :t::wink:

Well id be suprised if Kyle wasn't one.

Matt Ford has said that Poole made a profit in 2013, using Ward, Holder and Hancock. Poole can afford to run with Ward and Holder. Poole are promoted correctly and bring in good sponsorship and the crowds to see the turbo twins in action.When Poole ride away, clubs normally get their biggest crowds of the season, hoping their clubs best riders will show either Ward or Holder the quickest way home.Yet because some of these clubs are not promoted properly, they loose money. In doing so they want costs cut, meaning a lower points limit, which affects Poole, the one glamour club in the league at this time. So Poole can't go with Holder and Ward on a 38 points limit. So no more pulling in the crowds when Poole are on their travels as the team has no rider in the side which draws in the punters.Poole are just being dragged down to the levels of the teams that fail to promote. So we all have to ride at the level of the failure clubs. And when Poole come to town and all those extra fans fail to turn up because there's no Ward and Holder, these promoters will want the points limit reduced still further this time next year.On a totally selfish point of view it's time to throw out the points limit as it currently works. Let teams build their teams between 38-45. If Poole want to track a team within their budget, so be it. Let's be honest here, though many on here won't like this. All teams start equal, but some teams are more equal than others. Regardless of the points limit Poole will still have a top team because they can afford the best riders on the lowest average. Nothing will change other than the riders that draw a crowd will be lost.So what id Poole are stronger than many. In the premier league football there's only 3 or 4 clubs likely to win the league. Same goes with speedway. NO disrespect to Eastbourne or Belle Vue, but they have as much chance of winning the league as Stoke or West Brom. The occasional win against a big gun to keep the fans happy.A selfish post no doubt about it, but crowds will drop if the top crowd pullers are missing, regardless of closer racing or not. Magic at number one for Poole ain't going to cut it for the fans.

Why don't Poole pull out of the league and ace by themselves each week with no points limit

I'll give it to him on this one.

You want to spend a bit of time in his presence, and your opinion of him will change further.. Matt is a businessman, but he is also a speedway fan.

• Like 1