British Speedway Forum

Pirates 2014

Well according to updates stead moved him over causing him to go into fence but he obviously over reacted so more guests for the patched up pirates!

Josh clipped the fence rather than went into it which isn't unusual in the modern speedway rider so he obviously did over react & if it was a rider who had a reputation for doing it then maybe you could understand his reaction but it was Simon Stead who is as honest as a rider you could ever get.

As usual Poole fall in the sh!t and come out smelling of roses, they can use better riders in King, Cook or Lawson to replace Josh G and therefore strengthen themselves through injury while we'll probably have to use Nicholls & Mads etc to replace our two GP boys.

The sooner squads are introduced and guests abolished the better.

I'd rather have Josh than any of the 3 riders you've named so I'll stick up for Poole here.

Kings Lynn or Poole need to beg Zagar to guest & then the title is theirs.

Josh clipped the fence rather than went into it which isn't unusual in the modern speedway rider so he obviously did over react & if it was a rider who had a reputation for doing it then maybe you could understand his reaction but it was Simon Stead who is as honest as a rider you could ever get.

I'd rather have Josh than any of the 3 riders you've named so I'll stick up for Poole here.

Kings Lynn or Poole need to beg Zagar to guest & then the title is theirs.

Quite right no problem with stead nice guy, hasnt a dirty bone in his body, maybe he could guest!

As usual Poole fall in the sh!t and come out smelling of roses, they can use better riders in King, Cook or Lawson to replace Josh G and therefore strengthen themselves through injury while we'll probably have to use Nicholls & Mads etc to replace our two GP boys.

The sooner squads are introduced and guests abolished the better.

Absolutely Matt Ford has been trying to get squads for years
  • Like 2

Ooh I love a good petty argument where no party actually knows what actually happened :)

Reading the updates I thought it sounded like a huge over reaction by Josh, especially as I have never known Steady to make any dirty move on a speedway bike, but that's only my guess because I wasn't there?

I'm sure it was hard, but if it was too hard, then that's what the ref was there for, as it appears he saw nothing wrong with the move, I will have to trust his judgement, but the worse thing is that it's another moment of stupidity causing a negative outcome in our already struggling sport. Too many foreign (and one or two British) Prima Donnas these days who think they're far better than they really are IMO.

That said, I can't really see how Gavan was being anti Poole with his interpretation, whereas Starman I think you may have rather over reacted, perhaps it's a Poole auto defence mechanism?

Let's play nicely boys :)

• Like 3

''its not table tennis''

maybe that comment may come back to haunt someone..as the comment insinuates that contact /hard riding is commonplace....

think josh just lost it for a split second , its easy to understand these things happen sometimes

sounds like a penhall/carter type clash stead didnt knock him off just left him nowhere to go , as some people say the throttle goes both ways

you'd rather try & stick up for Josh over a post of "Simon Moved Josh out Wide" on the updates which has absoloutley no substance to what you said in your original post.

`The most biased Poole fan sticking up for a Poole rider irregardless of the facts`. No one should expect any different.

There is never substance to a Starman2006 post.

It seems as Tai is still not fit Poole will use Piotr Pawlicki for the play offs. He is available after his 28 day ban.

Hope he isnt seen in the EL again this season. EL user.

Pawlicki hasn't been sacked though, he's still listed in the Wolverhampton side on the BSPA website.

Dress it as you like. CVS sacked Pawlicki and a press release was made. He IS sacked irregardless of what the team declarations say.

Dress it as you like. CVS sacked Pawlicki and a press release was made. He IS sacked irregardless of what the team declarations say.

So Wolevs broke the rules by having a facility for a sacked rider? Makes Cheating Wolves at least as bad as the cheating you (and I, plus many others) have complained about for years.

Sadly, the rules are they are, don't allow for riders to be sacked after the 1st Sept deadline. It means Mads and Pawlicki are free to guest (once any bans are up)

So Wolevs broke the rules by having a facility for a sacked rider? Makes Cheating Wolves at least as bad as the cheating you (and I, plus many others) have complained about for years.

Sadly, the rules are they are, don't allow for riders to be sacked after the 1st Sept deadline. It means Mads and Pawlicki are free to guest (once any bans are up)

You get no complaints from me on that. Make the rules clear and transparent so we all know.

It stinks clubs get facilities for riders who its obvious are using the EL.

So either accept some foreign riders use the EL and allow guests for ALL none appearances (the foulest stink) or hope that clubs don't bother to use the likes of MJJ, Pawlicki et al and continue to monitor any new riders with the same vigilance.

Id rather a squads system so that riders had an assured amount of meetings and therefore likely want or need those matches.

• Like 1

Obviously, Mads didn't get a 28 day ban or a facility could have been used in Leicester's meeting!

Regarding the Stead/Josh G incident, I was stood on the 4th bend when it happened. Steady drifted wider and wider giving Josh absolutely no room whatsoever. The move was hard and potentially dangerous. It's all well and good going wide but if another rider is there surely it's not a good idea?

If Nicki had done that everyone would be baying for blood.

As soon as the heat finished Josh seemed to roll over the line then speed up down the backstraight after Steady.

Once he caught up with him on the 4th bend, Josh seemed to lose control as he was about to give Steady some verbal and clattered into the side of him leaving them both in a heap.

Initial move hard but the aftermath was an accident.

Regarding the Stead/Josh G incident, I was stood on the 4th bend when it happened. Steady drifted wider and wider giving Josh absolutely no room whatsoever. The move was hard and potentially dangerous. It's all well and good going wide but if another rider is there surely it's not a good idea?

If Nicki had done that everyone would be baying for blood.

As soon as the heat finished Josh seemed to roll over the line then speed up down the backstraight after Steady.

Once he caught up with him on the 4th bend, Josh seemed to lose control as he was about to give Steady some verbal and clattered into the side of him leaving them both in a heap.

Initial move hard but the aftermath was an accident.

Thank you... As per usual the usual suspects jump on the poole bashing bandwagon. I rest my case.. On the same token perhaps Josh should have waited untill they were both in the pits to confront him.

Good to see all is still well as far as Poole are concerned in BSF world after my 2 weeks hols!! :t:

Well done the 'Patched up Pirates' for finishing top of the EL season. Well done to the other 3 teams for also getting to the play-offs. Can't wait for the semis and final. :party:

ps. anyone seen Josh G's 'statement' on facebook?!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 3

Josh's statement............

To clear things up for a few people, I never intentionally ment to take Simon off, I simply rode around to him to have dig at him fo putting me in the fence on bend 3/4, we got tangled and my foot peg went through his wheel, yea I was pissed but never ment for anything other than a a few words exchanged !!

If you're going to send hate then I'm ready for a Facebook Cull

• Like 3