British Speedway Forum

Pirates 2014

Well I know Chris Holder wants to ride for Poole. I am sure there are plenty of riders who would be happy to ride here for a few matches and a decent pay cheque.

Situations like this should allow flexibility in rules and averages. The rules are of utmost importance but when it comes down to a situation where the 2 top teams are going head to head with guests in a play off final, common sense should prevail and the supporters of Poole and King's Lynn should be given a rider they can call their own, even if just for a few matches, who they can really get behind until the end of the season.

So your view is "to hell with anyone else, as long as Poole are ok it does not matter". Well you will be ok mate, Eastie will be out, Birmingham won't be there, so you can get another title in an even more depreciated " Elite" League. Poole win, to hell with anyone else!!

So your view is "to hell with anyone else, as long as Poole are ok it does not matter". Well you will be ok mate, Eastie will be out, Birmingham won't be there, so you can get another title in an even more depreciated " Elite" League. Poole win, to hell with anyone else!!

No, that isn't my view at all. Did you even read my posts or could you just not wait to slam Poole?

I am saying it is not fair on King's Lynn or Poole supporters to go into a play off final without a number 1. An adjustment to the rules to allow King's Lynn and Poole to make a "crisis" signing is best for everyone involved. There are plenty of riders internationally who would be happy to fill the last few meetings of the season and will at least level the playing field.

It is beyond a joke that two teams, who were affected by injury and the actions of another rider that were out of their control, should go into a play off final without a number 1.

• Like 1

No, that isn't my view at all. Did you even read my posts or could you just not wait to slam Poole?

I am saying it is not fair on King's Lynn or Poole supporters to go into a play off final without a number 1. An adjustment to the rules to allow King's Lynn and Poole to make a "crisis" signing is best for everyone involved. There are plenty of riders internationally who would be happy to fill the last few meetings of the season and will at least level the playing field.

It is beyond a joke that two teams, who were affected by injury and the actions of another rider that were out of their control, should go into a play off final without a number 1.

Yes quite agree. The cut-off for signings was only to prevent teams strengthening. Both Poole and Lynn have been weakened by the loss of their no. 1 riders and are both at a disadvantage in the play-offs.

Why on earth both can't have 'crisis' signings as you say,just to get back to somewhere near full strength is ridiculous. The play-offs are supposed to be the 'grand finale' apparently so to have teams with inadequate guests only gives them even less credibility imo.

Edited by Star Fever
  • Like 1

Poole had the chance to sign a rider to replace Darcy they didn't. You can't go changes the rules of team building because a rider is banned or injured.

I do agree that an injury replacement should be allowed but obviously needs to be within the rules.

• Like 2

So lets just have anarchy then.

Make as many changes as you like when you like.

I feel particularly sorry for Lynn though who have lost their top two through no fault of their own

Poole on the other hand have a rider who has completly let his team down. Poole had opportunity to replace him and didnt. Whose fault is that?

Why should Poole be allowed a replacement for Darcy they had chance before the deadline but Ford thought he was above the rules and Darcy wouldnt get banned. But he did so its tough on Poole who could have done the correct thing and replace him immediatly.

So because Poole lose a rider through a self inflicted ban, then fail to replace him before the deadline, you feel they deserve to have a 'special rule'......................only in Dorset!

Edited by Gavan
  • Like 2

So lets just have anarchy then.

Make as many changes as you like when you like.

I feel particularly sorry for Lynn though who have lost their top two through no fault of their own

Poole on the other hand have a rider who has completly let his team down. Poole had opportunity to replace him and didnt. Whose fault is that?

Why should Poole be allowed a replacement for Darcy they had chance before the deadline but Ford thought he was above the rules and Darcy wouldnt get banned. But he did so its tough on Poole who could have done the correct thing and replace him immediatly.

So because Poole lose a rider through a self inflicted ban, then fail to replace him before the deadline, you feel they deserve to have a 'special rule'......................only in Dorset!

No. It's because British speedway is crap already. A play off final between 2 teams without a number 1 between them is a pathetic embarrassment. Stars and Pirates supporters shouldn't have a year of paid attendance thrown away in a heart beat through no fault of their own.

King's Lynn riders getting injured, Darcy turning up to an international match drunk, and Matt Ford missing an incredibly narrow window of time to make a big signing from a very limited pool of riders shouldn't be taken out on the few remaining paying supporters who just about keep the sport alive.

It is a play off final, not a league match. These teams have already proved their worth throughout the season and should be given an equal playing field in the play offs.

Edited by Charizard
  • Like 1

No. It's because British speedway is crap already. A play off final between 2 teams without a number 1 between them is a pathetic embarrassment. Stars and Pirates supporters shouldn't have a year of paid attendance thrown away in a heart beat through no fault of their own.

King's Lynn riders getting injured, Darcy turning up to an international match drunk, and Matt Ford missing an incredibly narrow window of time to make a big signing from a very limited pool of riders shouldn't be taken out of the paying supporters who keep the sport barely alive.

It is a play off final, not a league match. These teams have already proved their worth throughout the season and should be given an equal playing field in the play offs.

They won't be without a #1 There's always Pedersen or Watt...Poole already had a rule change to get in Compton, so you want another one now for a rider who is banned, you can bet your bottom dollar had Poole been at full strength and The Bees or Robins been without their #1 there would be zero sympathy and a thems the rules so get on with it line.

• Like 2

Something has got to be done to stop this we had the same thing at Leicester with Mads. When he rode Sunday and didn't come to the Lions against Bellve Monday and then rode again abroad on the Tuesaday. To daft to Laugh at.

Poole have enough riders as assets without having to bring in someone just so they can win the league.

Kings Lynne are in a completely different situation with thier No1 and No2 riders out through injury. If they manage to get the rules changed yet again just to suit Matt Fords ego then the BPSA should be brought to book on it.

Sorry Poole but rules are rules.

shamek riding today but not tomorrow ! poole fans should be disgusted with this!

and if people think that bringing in squads will stop this non commitment then your dreaming,

I am disgusted at a lot of things in Speedway this season this has to be the worst season for me enough to make me walk away from the rubbishe at the end.

King's Lynn riders getting injured, Darcy turning up to an international match drunk, and Matt Ford missing an incredibly narrow window of time to make a big signing from a very limited pool of riders shouldn't be taken out on the few remaining paying supporters who just about keep the sport alive.

so if Poole can bring a rider in that puts them over the limit as you suggested in a previous post .Coventry should be allowed to bring in AJ to cover Barker witch would put us over the limit you can't have rules just for poole
  • Like 3