British Speedway Forum

Pirates 2014

The end of season Play Off's will most probably sum up this joke of an Elite League season..

Whichever Promoter makes the phone calls first will get the best guest(s) and subsequently win the Play Offs :t: ..(No doubt this will be Poole as everyone wants to ride for them apparently) :rofl:

And in reply to a bit of a numpty post above - of course Poole should be allowed to replace Darcy, it's a shame though that neither Poole or KL can do it with anyone but guests.. :nono:

I think it is crazy that neither the Stars or Pirates can sign short term replacements, what the hell were the promoters thinking when making such a daft rule?

Why should clubs be penalised through no fault of their own apart from signing these riders in the first place, it's not fair on the fans or the rest of the team who have worked hard to get where they have in the league!

• Like 4

Should have been sorted 10 years ago when Belle Vue finished top but Kenneth Bjerre got injured. But it's another reason why there needs to be an independent league commissioner (Phil Morris?). Of course Poole and KIngs Lynn should be able to sign replacements. In the case of Coventry they can only use Premier League guests for Barker. This is a bit like 2003 where Poole had Loram and Coventry Screen. Could entirely come down to who offers Zagar the best deal. Pirates could have used Piotr as a guest but CVS released him. Already high in my opinion after meeting him earlier in the year and now gone up further!

Should have been sorted 10 years ago when Belle Vue finished top but Kenneth Bjerre got injured. But it's another reason why there needs to be an independent league commissioner (Phil Morris?). Of course Poole and KIngs Lynn should be able to sign replacements. In the case of Coventry they can only use Premier League guests for Barker. This is a bit like 2003 where Poole had Loram and Coventry Screen. Could entirely come down to who offers Zagar the best deal. Pirates could have used Piotr as a guest but CVS released him. Already high in my opinion after meeting him earlier in the year and now gone up further!

I wouldn't let Phil Morris anywhere near where an important decision on the sport could be made as he showed recently how corrupt he is.

• Like 4

Bet your loving the fact Wolves released Piotr Pawlicki the day after any team changes can be made, would have been a good replacement for Darcy.

That is assuming his Polish club would have allow him to come back for Poole because they did a great job ensuring he didn't for Wolves.

Apparently it has already been made public MF said nobody wanted to come as a replacement.

I am sure if it was possible CVS would have ensured any such signing for Poole would be blocked - and rightly so.

Which kinda sums Poole up - they would have happily signed him as a replacement knowing he had walked out on one club for another.

And the Poole fans would love that no doubt. :neutral:

That is assuming his Polish club would have allow him to come back for Poole because they did a great job ensuring he didn't for Wolves.

Apparently it has already been made public MF said nobody wanted to come as a replacement.

I am sure if it was possible CVS would have ensured any such signing for Poole would be blocked - and rightly so.

Which kinda sums Poole up - they would have happily signed him as a replacement knowing he had walked out on one club for another.

Yep I wouldnt mind piotr coming to poole, decent rider, funny how some polish riders have problems and others like janowski dont

Poole had 10 days to sign a replacement. Nobody was interested.

After reading this (mostly invented supposition) I conclude that your season has not been a happy one
  • Like 1