British Speedway Forum

Pirates 2014

How is it a `sweeping comment`?

With Ward certainly facing a ban it would be interesting to hear IF MF looked at/contacted riders/assets with a view to coming in.

Obviously the right rider/right average HAS to be any real suitable replacement but i gathered it was a conversation involving 2 people who had the basics sorted. :neutral:

Like i have said before i couldn't care less if you had bought in any rider (such as Emil/KK etc) or better off with guests. Would be nice to hear from MF to confirm If he had spoken to anyone or not - or just assumed Ward would just `get away with it`. Going by the press release i am gathering they expected the (once) golden boy to get away with it.

I had already assumed a straight Holder for Ward swap wasn't possible because the averages didn't fit. Anyone with a brain had already sussed that one.

But like HC said above with Pawlicki out i would have thought replacing the 2 with both riders suggested may have been a valid option (if the averages fit of course).

As I pointed out replacing both riders would have to be like for like as re declaring the team with two changes isnt a viable option and pawlicki doesnt need replacing as he will be back for the play offs.

You think Matt Ford wouldnt think of options in case he was banned, he may be alot of things but a fool isnt one of them.

• Like 3

As I pointed out replacing both riders would have to be like for like as re declaring the team with two changes isnt a viable option and pawlicki doesnt need replacing as he will be back for the play offs.

You think Matt Ford wouldnt think of options in case he was banned, he may be alot of things but a fool isnt one of them.

Replacing both riders MUST have been a consideration. Pawlicki has been up and down and given MF`s record come play off time i expected going with a returning Pawlicki from injury and guest for Ward a risky strategy.

Just who are you going to use as replacement??

No Niels, Zagar doesn't seem to guest often (tho i am sure money wont be a problem to tempt him). Doyle cant guest.

So it leaves riders with much lower averages as number ones to choose from. And yet you say its no good getting a replacement who is a lesser rider???

Doesn't make any sense.

Bjarne this week isnt it. Good luck if you believe that he is equal to Darcy as a replacement!

Just as well his calculations aren't just based on NL averages then - especially when the FTR list includes PL riders!!!

It was obvious they were fiddled to get Compton down the grading list.

Tho the logic has no sense at all.

So you didnt realise that poole average was currently sitting around 36? or you thought thj may be four points lower than pawlicki about a three)?

It was Heathen Chemistry that mentioned Holder and THJ. I merely mentioned it as an option also IF it fitted!

I have no idea if it does and care even less.

My only point was that i wondered IF MF looked at options for replacing. That was all.

Just as well his calculations aren't just based on NL averages then - especially when the FTR list includes PL riders!!!

Compton is an ex PL rider. He failed to make the grade in the PL about 4-5 years ago... and now he's known a fast track rider. These fast track decisions defy all logic.

• Like 1

Replacing both riders MUST have been a consideration. Pawlicki has been up and down and given MF`s record come play off time i expected going with a returning Pawlicki from injury and guest for Ward a risky strategy.

Just who are you going to use as replacement??

No Niels, Zagar doesn't seem to guest often (tho i am sure money wont be a problem to tempt him). Doyle cant guest.

So it leaves riders with much lower averages as number ones to choose from. And yet you say its no good getting a replacement who is a lesser rider???

Doesn't make any sense.

Bjarne this week isnt it. Good luck if you believe that he is equal to Darcy as a replacement!

It was Heathen Chemistry that mentioned Holder and THJ. I merely mentioned it as an option also IF it fitted!

I have no idea if it does and care even less.

My only point was that i wondered IF MF looked at options for replacing. That was all.

Pawlicki will be back so no problems there, we can get anyone but we may have to fight for the best guest with Kings Lynn in the play offs.

Sounds a bit like you Steve... :rofl:

Pawlicki will be back so no problems there, we can get anyone but we may have to fight for the best guest with Kings Lynn in the play offs.

So a decent replacement was perhaps the best option then, when you had the chance. :wink:

Sounds a bit like you Steve... :rofl:

Best have some logic than not at all eh Starry. :rofl:

Yes a decent replacement would have been good but really only kk or emil or maybe pepe protasewicz and they obviously didnt want to or couldnt

Where have you read that they wouldn't or couldn't come?? Or even if MF had asked anyone??

Edited by stevebrum

we hear all the time from ford that the top riders keep telling him they would ride over here if there was less matches,

yet when he has the opportunity to sign these riders , they always seem to have excuses |?

so what is it , do they or dont they

my money is they dont , and ford is making it up to get squads in .......

• Like 2

we hear all the time from ford that the top riders keep telling him they would ride over here if there was less matches,

yet when he has the opportunity to sign these riders , they always seem to have excuses |?

so what is it , do they or dont they

my money is they dont , and ford is making it up to get squads in .......

You really are a numptie. We signed Greg Hancock last year to replace Chris, because his commitments allowed him to. Theres no excuses, we cannot, sign a rider to replace Darcy, otherwise Matt would have, scheduals allowing. Pawlicki won't be out for long, so we can cover him with R/R or a guest. Sofar as Darcy is concerned as it stands we have to use Guests. I hope that clears that up. Next time, please do your homework... ;)

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 1

You really are a numptie. We signed Greg Hancock last year to replace Chris, because his commitments allowed him to. Theres no excuses, we cannot, sign a rider to replace Darcy, otherwise Matt would have, scheduals allowing. Pawlicki won't be out for long, so we can cover him with R/R or a guest. Sofar as Darcy is concerned as it stands we have to use Guests. I hope that clears that up. Next time, please do your homework... ;)

no , think matts the numptie for coming out with statements like he does about the top riders wanting to ride over here ,

where are they? who are they? cuz wenever poole need to sign one there extinct......

re: matt fords recent press release saying no one wants to come over they want to concentrate on polish league and the gp's (matts words by the way)

they dont want to ride over here , they dont need the money, those that do most of them just treat the british league as a training routine with no commitment....

• Like 1

no , think matts the numptie for coming out with statements like he does about the top riders wanting to ride over here ,

where are they? who are they? cuz wenever poole need to sign one there extinct......

re: matt fords recent press release saying no one wants to come over they want to concentrate on polish league and the gp's (matts words by the way)

they dont want to ride over here , they dont need the money, those that do most of them just treat the british league as a training routine with no commitment....

Bet your loving the fact Wolves released Piotr Pawlicki the day after any team changes can be made, would have been a good replacement for Darcy.

• Like 2

Just why are Poole or any other team for that matter, allowed a guest for a rider that has been banned?. It is not right and not fair to other teams whose riders abide by the rules. It makes the sport look like a laughing stock. Darcy (who by the way is my favourite EL/GP rider) needs to have a look at himself otherwise he will not realise his full potential, which would be a shame. He needs to grow up a little bit.

Just why are Poole or any other team for that matter, allowed a guest for a rider that has been banned?. It is not right and not fair to other teams whose riders abide by the rules. It makes the sport look like a laughing stock. Darcy (who by the way is my favourite EL/GP rider) needs to have a look at himself otherwise he will not realise his full potential, which would be a shame. He needs to grow up a little bit.

you can't penalise Poole because ward is a competete moron

So chelsea should have had to play with ten men every game when adrian mutu got banned