British Speedway Forum

Pirates 2014

This is a piss take.

How?

Your team decided to keep Ward on rather than sack him 2 weeks ago. Now you bleat because you have to make do with guests.

If your club were on the boil rather than just assume all would be ok then maybe you wouldnt be in this situation.

The only piss take is what Ward has done to Poole.

• Like 3

holders average wouldnt be too high if you replace 2 riders at the same time , as there combined average is less than the 2 being replaced

thats why i said holder and THJ for ward and the injured pawlicki would of been the thing to do

ford missed a trick there

Has to either be like for like or redeclare below the 32 point limit.

• Like 4

holders average wouldnt be too high if you replace 2 riders at the same time , as there combined average is less than the 2 being replaced

thats why i said holder and THJ for ward and the injured pawlicki would of been the thing to do

Clearly you dont understand the redeclaration rules.
  • Like 2

Learn the rules first!!!

You cant do that, the rules dont allow it, Matt Ford knows the rules, dont know why he hasnt asked for them to be changed though!!

Explain how he could have fitted in holder given his average is higher than darcys

At what point did i say he should bring in Holder?? :shock: Please dont put words in my mouth. :nono:

I said MF should have read the situation and made moves to makes changes should/WHEN (as it always was indicated) straight after the Latvian GP.

With Ward out changes were always likely and he would have had time to see who might be available as replacement or double replacement.

I have no idea who fits and quite frankly i couldn't care less.

MF needed to act BEFORE the result of the Jury, it was always obvious a ban was coming.

Anyone that thinks different must be on a different planet.

You cant do that, the rules dont allow it, Matt Ford knows the rules, dont know why he hasnt asked for them to be changed though!!

MF knows how to bend the current rules, he doesn't need to know them. :neutral:

Yes - I remember 2012 very well :) And who could forget 2010? :rofl:

Second is just first loser :wink:

Just like 2009 :wink:

At what point did i say he should bring in Holder?? :shock: Please dont put words in my mouth. :nono:

I said MF should have read the situation and made moves to makes changes should/WHEN (as it always was indicated) straight after the Latvian GP.

With Ward out changes were always likely and he would have had time to see who might be available as replacement or double replacement.

I have no idea who fits and quite frankly i couldn't care less.

MF needed to act BEFORE the result of the Jury, it was always obvious a ban was coming.

Anyone that thinks different must be on a different planet.

MF knows how to bend the current rules, he doesn't need to know them. :neutral:

Just like 2009 :wink:

You cant make sweeping statements about changes when you have no idea what fits, there is no point in getting a rider in who is of much lower ability as you mayaswell use guests and I think he did act but no one was available of suitable ability

surely an option would of been swap ward/pawlicki for holder/THJ ....

And your post was in a direct reponse to this post Edited by foreverblue

You cant make sweeping statements about changes when you have no idea what fits, there is no point in getting a rider in who is of much lower ability as you mayaswell use guests and I think he did act but no one was available of suitable ability

How is it a `sweeping comment`?

With Ward certainly facing a ban it would be interesting to hear IF MF looked at/contacted riders/assets with a view to coming in.

Obviously the right rider/right average HAS to be any real suitable replacement but i gathered it was a conversation involving 2 people who had the basics sorted. :neutral:

Like i have said before i couldn't care less if you had bought in any rider (such as Emil/KK etc) or better off with guests. Would be nice to hear from MF to confirm If he had spoken to anyone or not - or just assumed Ward would just `get away with it`. Going by the press release i am gathering they expected the (once) golden boy to get away with it.

I had already assumed a straight Holder for Ward swap wasn't possible because the averages didn't fit. Anyone with a brain had already sussed that one.

But like HC said above with Pawlicki out i would have thought replacing the 2 with both riders suggested may have been a valid option (if the averages fit of course).

Edited by stevebrum

I had already assumed a straight Holder for Ward swap wasn't possible because the averages didn't fit. Anyone with a brain had already sussed that one.

But like HC said above with Pawlicki out i would have thought replacing the 2 with both riders suggested may have been a valid option (if the averages fit of course).

So you didnt realise that poole average was currently sitting around 36? or you thought thj may be four points lower than pawlicki about a three)?
  • Like 1