British Speedway Forum

Pirates 2014

There are that many tears falling in blue tint land that the track may well be flooded & un-ridable in the near future thus scuppering their play-off aspirations. We have been told so many times that Matt Ford in the consummate professional. If so, he should have for-seen this coming & made changes, replacing Ward who has put the club in this position with his actions!

There is no point replacing Ward with a substandard rider, in my opinion only Emil or KK or possibly Miedzinski would be acceptable otherwise we may as well use guests, if Swindon don't make the play offs we could use Troy.

Look as I've said right from the beginning, I don't condone what he has done, and he has to be punished appropriately, BUT we don't yet know all the facts do we?? We don't know anything about whether there was a blood or urine test; whether the breath test equipment was calibrated etc etc.

All I'm saying is that the FIM rules allow for a punishment in these circumstances, of a fine plus a minimum of a reprimand ( maybe a slapped wrist and suspended sentence?) and a maximum of a 2 year ban.

Its quite clear what the 'anti-Ward' people want as much as its equally clear what the 'pro-Ward' fans would prefer.

Lets just wait and see.

shouldnt have any bearing at all.

I dont dislike Ward i dislike Matt Ford.

But any rider caught like Darcy was deserves a ban as a minimum

What i find funny is Ford and Middlo moaning how it affects Poole.

Ford is in speedway for him and doesnt give a jot about the sport that much has always been clear.

If he had any credibility he would have sacked Ward and replsced him 2 weeks ago.

Seems the prodigal one thought he was above the sport and Ward wouldnt get what he deserved.

The Poole fans kidded themselves last year that Ward was the messiah getting Hancock. He would only ride for Poole they all said lol. he joined Poole because he got dumped in Poland. Now there is nobody for Ford to get!

Karma is such a bitch!

MJJ is available!

guys you really should wake up about Mr Ward,

which year was it he didn't appear in the playoff final because he was drunk and got his head kicked in the night before?

which play off final was it him and his best mate performed like reserves because they were still hung over from the czech golden helmet the night before?

on drugs riding a bike in Australia

kicked out from the GP's drunk again.

obviously the rest of us find it Hilarious that you still defend him, but has done nothing but harm to your team.

i wouldn't put up with it and shame on you for defending such a poor example of a human being

• Like 1

"If they choose to ban him on Friday or Saturday, they totally screw my team and my business. That needs to be taken into consideration. You're not just affecting the rider".

"Anyone can guess what's going to happen to him, but no-one actually knows. Fingers crossed he gets away with it because obviously we need him desperately for the play-offs".

IMO, IF Mr Ford actually said this, it's almost worse than the riders' actions. Coming from someone who appears to have such influence in speedway, it almost beggars belief.

Orlov, haven't you got a baby to feed?

Hark, i can hear Baby merecat Oleg screaming for its food .. :rofl:

There are that many tears falling in blue tint land that the track may well be flooded & un-ridable in the near future thus scuppering their play-off aspirations. We have been told so many times that Matt Ford in the consummate professional. If so, he should have for-seen this coming & made changes, replacing Ward who has put the club in this position with his actions!

Well said. If MF believed it would all just blow over and not put Poole in difficult waters (they walk all over the BSPA so i would assume he thought the same would happen as per usual) and not at least have a late back up plan then he isn't the all consummate leader some would like us to believe! :t:

There is no point replacing Ward with a substandard rider, in my opinion only Emil or KK or possibly Miedzinski would be acceptable otherwise we may as well use guests, if Swindon don't make the play offs we could use Troy.

It is too late for replacements. Yesterday was the last day. That is of course unless the BSPA change or alter the rules to suit one club for the 2nd time this season. :neutral:

• Like 1

Well said. If MF believed it would all just blow over and not put Poole in difficult waters (they walk all over the BSPA so i would assume he thought the same would happen as per usual) and not at least have a late back up plan then he isn't the all consummate leader some would like us to believe! :t:

It is too late for replacements. Yesterday was the last day. That is of course unless the BSPA change or alter the rules to suit one club for the 2nd time this season. :neutral:

just saying the reason they havent replaced him, rather not go into play offs with guests but we can still win

MJJ is available!

guys you really should wake up about Mr Ward,

which year was it he didn't appear in the playoff final because he was drunk and got his head kicked in the night before?

which play off final was it him and his best mate performed like reserves because they were still hung over from the czech golden helmet the night before?

on drugs riding a bike in Australia

kicked out from the GP's drunk again.

obviously the rest of us find it Hilarious that you still defend him, but has done nothing but harm to your team.

i wouldn't put up with it and shame on you for defending such a poor example of a human being

The enjoyment I've experienced from watching Darcy race for us still heavily outweighs the disappointment he's caused. Darcy has been responsible for the best races I've ever seen. I can honestly say Darcy has provided me with more entertainment than any other rider during my time as speedway fan.

I know drinking the night before was a <removed> move on his part, but I say give him a break. He's had it in the ear from everyone, he's paid a fine, and he's already serving a ban. I am sure he has very much learned his lesson.

I just hope he is back next season. We'd be lucky to have him.

Guests will never give that extra percent you need but of course a `suitable` replacement would have been the best option.

Of course they will. I am sure Matt, like any decent promoter, would offer a very tasty incentive.

Guests will never give that extra percent you need but of course a `suitable` replacement would have been the best option.

You never know with guests but not many have let poole down over the years, cook was terrific at leicester saturday, we wont be using him again though he is rubbish at the likely play off venues

Of course they will. I am sure Matt, like any decent promoter, would offer a very tasty incentive.

You never know with guests but not many have let poole down over the years, cook was terrific at leicester saturday, we wont be using him again though he is rubbish at the likely play off venues

This is the point with guests, they wont have the passion for the club involved.

I am not saying they will mean to give any less but you cannot expect it to mean anything less than another pay packet.

Take Niels K as an example, guested for Woffy in the Play offs for us and scored 5. Cook guested in the other leg and scored 2.

I am sure Niels was giving it his all but 5 points is not what anybody would expect from a TRUE number one.

Just making the point. :t:

[quote name="stevebrum" post="2508551" timestamp="1409342822"

This is the point with guests, they wont have the passion for the club involved.

I am not saying they will mean to give any less but you cannot expect it to mean anything less than another pay packet.

Take Niels K as an example, guested for Woffy in the Play offs for us and scored 5. Cook guested in the other leg and scored 2.

I am sure Niels was giving it his all but 5 points is not what anybody would expect from a TRUE number one.

Niels was amazing for us a couple of seasons ago scored near a max both meetings.

Edited by foreverblue

With the amount of money Matt can make with a grand final at Poole I wouldn't be surprised if Matt was offering a bigger payment than they would normally receive?

Niels was amazing for us a couple of seasons ago scored near a max both meetings.

My point exactly. You don't know what you are going to get from a guest.

With the amount of money Matt can make with a grand final at Poole I wouldn't be surprised if Matt was offering a bigger payment than they would normally receive?

That wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. Poole are known for buying success!! ;)