British Speedway Forum

Pirates 2014

Ward has made Page 84 of the Metro this morning, with the splendid headline "Can't handle bars".

He's quoted as saying it's the worst moment of his life ... which is definitely saying something ...

So what is he going to do when really major things happen in his life? The break up of his parents marriage is sad - but it's not a soul-destroying event. The death of a parent or grandparent - or any close friend or relative - is much worse. At least he will get to see his parents again - even if they are separated. He doesn't see them that often anyway - he's on the other side of the world for half the year. It's not physically affecting his life in any way.

Anything can become the worst moment of your life when you want to go out and get drunk... "Poor me, poor me - pour me a drink..." as the old saying goes. It certainly looks like he has a problem with alcohol..."First you take a drink - and then the drink takes you." It's affected his personal life - and now his working life - how much worse do things have to get before he realises he has a problem?

• Like 4

So what is he going to do when really major things happen in his life? The break up of his parents marriage is sad - but it's not a soul-destroying event. The death of a parent or grandparent - or any close friend or relative - is much worse. At least he will get to see his parents again - even if they are separated. He doesn't see them that often anyway - he's on the other side of the world for half the year. It's not physically affecting his life in any way.

Anything can become the worst moment of your life when you want to go out and get drunk... "Poor me, poor me - pour me a drink..." as the old saying goes. It certainly looks like he has a problem with alcohol..."First you take a drink - and then the drink takes you." It's affected his personal life - and now his working life - how much worse do things have to get before he realises he has a problem?

Is that what the news was I am still in two minds whether to believe there was any news at all or he had already known this, why would you give your son that sort of info before a GP that your in a championship chase for is this just a sympathy vote do you think, parents separate al the time as sad as it may be no one has died.

• Like 1

Is that what the news was I am still in two minds whether to believe there was any news at all or he had already known this, why would you give your son that sort of info before a GP that your in a championship chase for is this just a sympathy vote do you think, parents separate al the time as sad as it may be no one has died.

Its also about losing the family home!! Whatever the final outcome from the FIM, Ward will likely have no family home to return to and separated parents to be in the middle of. Hardly a settled environment for anyone, least of all someone likely recovering from an op and whatever FIM punishment is dished out!

(Again not excusing his actions, just saying...!)

Its also about losing the family home!! Whatever the final outcome from the FIM, Ward will likely have no family home to return to and separated parents to be in the middle of. Hardly a settled environment for anyone, least of all someone likely recovering from an op and whatever FIM punishment is dished out!

(Again not excusing his actions, just saying...!)

A family home is just bricks and mortar or whatever material used :wink: ... And I can't see why the family home would necessarily be lost.

Ah - gotcha... By the time he gets back to Australia all his toys might have been thrown away when his parents separate :rofl: .

Honestly - how is this guy going to cope when really major bad things happen in his life :o .

• Like 1

as a neutral that was there last night, I thought the reception ward got was quite Luke warm. I even heard some booing, but that might of been from the away fans.

Neutrals coming to see Poole??!!! Well I never!! :shock::wink:

There were a couple - yes only a couple - of boos from the grandstand area where I was - but not sure if they were 'sarcastic' boos?!

Neutrals coming to see Poole??!!! Well I never!! :shock::wink:

There were a couple - yes only a couple - of boos from the grandstand area where I was - but not sure if they were 'sarcastic' boos?!

even though I am a lifelong Wimbledon fan I have always attended neutral meetings since I was a kid. Last night was my third visit to poole this season!
  • Like 2

For the adults amongst us, the thread is a few pages shorter as a lot of posts have been hidden. Hopefully this thread can now get back to talking more about Poole and related items rather than playground name calling. enjoy :)

• Like 4

Middleditch is reported to have said Ward was "only just over".

If I had been picked up by the police and found to be "only just over", I would get a ban.

Ward should receive a ban from all speedway, Stefan Danno did some Years back for drink problems.

But wait, this is Poole, and they have a different rule book!

Middleditch is reported to have said Ward was "only just over".

If I had been picked up by the police and found to be "only just over", I would get a ban.

Ward should receive a ban from all speedway, Stefan Danno did some Years back for drink problems.

But wait, this is Poole, and they have a different rule book!

Poole have no say with FIM.

Darcy needs to get his life in order & man up as we all have problems in our life's without keep making stupid mistakes like he does.

A great talent on the track but seems a complete fool off it.

Rather harsh Robin,i know a few ex champions who made mistakes and were never punished hopefully Ward gets back on track and proves his worth.

Rather harsh Robin,i know a few ex champions who made mistakes and were never punished hopefully Ward gets back on track and proves his worth.

Is it really as name another rider who has made the same amount of mistakes as Darcy before apart from Michael Lee as I can't????

would middlo of said "he was only just over" about anyone else? middlo is increasingly losing it!

Why he can't just say "No comment".

Is it really as name another rider who has made the same amount of mistakes as Darcy before apart from Michael Lee as I can't????

Why he can't just say "No comment".

Ward has never been a champion YET,?also Lee made a few bad mistakes but if you look back 1975-84 he rode a large number of meetings.Olsen, Briggs,Mauger, all had there falling outs on certain issues with the authorities, so this Ward incident is nothing new.