British Speedway Forum

Pirates 2014

No matter what all of you on this forum say you have no say in the punishment. Fact.

Everyone is entitled to their. Thoughts but only the FIM have the power to punish and impose fine and ban.

What Darcy did was wrong. It is being dealt with. Matt Ford nor anyone in British Speedway, you or me have any say.

We must all wait and see.

All the bickering on here makes not a jot of difference.

His ban should be the same as Danno, 8 months, as his offence was the same - failing an alcohol test. How much by is immaterial - he failed end of.

His history has nothing to do with his actions on a speedway track and should not be taken into account IMHO.

Fair enough comment.

I would want the ban to reflect the behaviour and lack of responsibility. Nothing else.

Steve.

You would want the ban to reflect your perception of:- his behaviour now, his alleged previous 'offtrack' behaviour & the alleged behaviour of the Poole management + chuck in the behaviour of Shovy.

Exterminate.

:wink::D

• Like 3

Darcy Ward should get a same 8 month ban as Danno its simple.

Danno was apparantly blotto but it doesnt matter how much over you are - you are still over.

Darcys ' other ' indescretions should have no bearing on the outcome here. This is purely about the alcohol incident.

Personally anything more than 8 months i feel would be harsh.

Anything less than 8 months is a cowardly way out just because of who he is.

Pathetically still nothing from the mouths of the Poole promotion or on the Poole website.

VERY much doubt that Monster will have any say in what the FIM Medical Commission come up with although they might fund a lawyer to plead mitigating circumstances. But their speedway sponsorship is irrelevant.

An immediate ban is not in the power of the FIM Jury and the case has to go before the appropriate panel. It would be no different with a rider failing an alcohol test prior to a league meeting. You cannot just take their licence away without due process.

Interesting you say that Phil because a friend of mine told me the FIM jury could have banned him for 28 days, as well as the fine and meeting ban.

Danno was apparantly blotto but it doesnt matter how much over you are - you are still over.

Darcys ' other ' indescretions should have no bearing on the outcome here. This is purely about the alcohol incident.

Pathetically still nothing from the mouths of the Poole promotion or on the Poole website.

Danno was as over the limit as Darcy was. Both 0.05%

Isn't it strange - and a touch hypocritical - that nobody mentions the several riders at Cardiff who were clearly imbibing during the day of the GP, including at least one who was riding later that day and one that could have been if called upon!!!!

If several riders were 'imbibing' during the day of the GP, that makes them just as guilty as Darcy, not Darcy less guilty.

• Like 2

the outcome of the jury is meant to be announced tomorrow (rumours in sweden that a 30 day ban will start when announced from tomorrow) we will have to wait and see

Rumours I'm hearing are a 30 day provisional suspension pending a full investigation into the matter
  • Like 1

You obviously haven't seen the local paper today then?! MF: 'No official comment until all the facts are known and the FIM adjudication is announced'!

the outcome of the jury is meant to be announced tomorrow (rumours in sweden that a 30 day ban will start when announced from tomorrow) we will have to wait and see

Yes but a 30-day ban from what??

You obviously haven't seen the local paper today then?! MF: 'No official comment until all the facts are known and the FIM adjudication is announced'!

An official statement is not required, a comment of about the Club's feelings and information would be appreciated. But as usual a Club taking the easy option. A massive cop-out. At times like these, the supporter is the last to be considered. We were once looked at as the 'Bread and Butter' of the sport, Now we're made to feel like Muck on someone's Shoe. We alright paying to come through the turnstiles, but after that we're unimportant.......

I agree Matt Ford is doing the correct thing and waiting to find out what the outcome of this is and then I'm sure he will make his feelings clear. To be honest whatever MF says he will probably be shot down by all the people who just want to see Darcy get a long ban and I believe that's not what he deserves.

For someone new to the forum, I see you are posting on many threads already. You're not a schoolteacher on Summer holidays by any chance are you?

• Like 2