British Speedway Forum

Pirates 2014

Always good to quote only part of the rules that suit your argument!! :mad:

Feel free to quote me the parts that suit yours then, as you clearly believe Darcy can do no wrong. :rolleyes:

I await with interest your chosen rules....................................................

Update:

2011 Torun team manager and organiser of the European Speedway Championship, Sławomir Kryjom has said: "I have been talking to Darcy for a very long time. He is devastated by what has happened. I do not want to justify what he has done but he has been suffering with problems in his personal life. I know what these problems are but I do not feel I can speak about them publicly."

Former Torun manager Jacek Gajewski has said: "Darcy has been stupid. I thought the lawsuit he faced when accused of rape scared him and it occurred to him that he must grow up, but then he was caught in Australia riding a motorbike under the influence of various different drugs. Unfortunately the Australian is very reckless. If the same thing at Daugavpils had happened to say Perowi Jonssonowi or Ryan Sullivan who do not usually drink, you would think they must be suffering with a lot of personal issues, but Darcy Ward? Think about the damage this could of caused if Darcy was scheduled to ride in an important play off match? In 2012 he went to a pub in England and got into a fight only 2 days before the second leg of another match."

"I expect Darcy will be suspended from any competition pending his disciplinary hearing. I do not expect he will be allowed to race in Sweden tonight (or in England on Wednesday)."

"Darcy had also lied about his alcohol levels. He claimed his alcohol levels were 0.01, but that was not the case. Darcy was tested 3 times, the first indication was 0.5, after half an hour of 0.45 and 0.39 on the final test."

Ekstraliga president Wojciech Stępniewski has said: "The ban should not effect his ability to compete i the Ekstraliga (or the British Elite League) as the violation took place in the Grand Prix series and not a league match. We await the ruling of the FIM"

Sources close to the FIM say they expect Darcy Ward may face a ban until the end of the season.

Darcy Ward, who is awaiting the decision of the FIM say's he does not think he deserves a suspension or financial penalty, although he is very apologetic for what has happened. He said he is feeling fit and would like to ride in Sweden tonight and for Poole in the Elite League on Wednesday.

I believe this is an accurate translation. Please forgive me if I have translated any details incorrectly. Translated by myself from a Polish article by Nowosci.com.pl.

How come these Poles suddenly have all the 'facts'?? Or once again is it all just another set of opinions and/or misquotes from Sunday?! It sounds very like Darcy's comments in his TV interview, before he was fined 3000 euros!!

In my humble opinion, the best possible outcome for ALL parties would be the FIM to ban Darcy from all forms of Speedway for 6 months showing everyone how seriously they take drink-riding.

Darcy could then use this 6 month ban to have surgery on his knee and so would return to action fully fit in 2015. It would also give him time to sort his head out and maybe grow up a bit.

Could be the making of him.

• Like 2

Feel free to quote me the parts that suit yours then, as you clearly believe Darcy can do no wrong. :rolleyes:

I await with interest your chosen rules....................................................

As you well know SB I have never said he can do no wrong. I have said he deserves an appropriate punishment, including a ban.

The FIM rules take account of whether its the first FIM offence and whether the 'substance' is recognised as 'performance enhancing'. Any penalty can be reduced from a max of 2 years to just a reprimand or anything in between!!

If we believe any of the Polish update above, then the Polish Extraliga President feels any ban should only be for the SGP series and not affect any league racing?! Not saying I agree with that, but its only another opinion at this stage!

Edited by Skidder1

Just read that Darcy feels HE DOESNT DESERVE A BAN OR FINE!!!

Is he for real?

People around him are letting him down big time.

he realy is clueless as an individual that much is clear so those advising him must be the same to let him come out with that statement

How come these Poles suddenly have all the 'facts'?? Or once again is it all just another set of opinions and/or misquotes from Sunday?! It sounds very like Darcy's comments in his TV interview, before he was fined 3000 euros!!

Because speedway is a much bigger deal in Poland. The media in Poland are much more accustomed to speedway journalism as there is far more national interest.

Edited by Charizard

Wont be long enough for me??? What has my opinions to do with it??

Have you read the FIM rules?? Do you remember what happened to Stefan Danno??

So what has that anything to do with with MY opinion??

FIM rules state clearly a 2 year ban is required and a precedent is already set by banning Danno.

To suggest anything less shows your bias and blindness to all things Darcy and Poole - so shame on you.

Rules have already been changed to suit Poole and they usually are.

No doubt you will have another laugh at that too. :neutral:

At least Gajewski calls it absolutely correct.

More lies about his alcohol test proves Ward cannot be trusted to tell the truth.

Also the fact he believes he deserves no ban just goes to show the ban should be the maximum required. Otherwise we will just wait for the next incident. He clearly hasnt and WONT ever learn.

And there is no reason why the ban of 2 years shouldn't be applied.

Anything less and then it is clear the FIM are happy to accept plea bargains.

As you well know i do not agree with everything Matt ford does and also you know what i mean't by the ban not being long enough in your opinion, if they gave him a year you would say it should have been 2. The rules do not state it is a 2 year ban, it states a maximum of 2 years, Danno got eight months, why should Ward be longer.

Is he for real?

he realy is clueless as an individual that much is clear so those advising him must be the same to let him come out with that statement

I believe that is correct. The original sentence was "Wardowi grozi nagana, kara zawieszenia lub kara finansowa." which translates roughly as "Ward threatens to rebuke, the penalty of suspension or a financial penalty."

As you well know i do not agree with everything Matt ford does and also you know what i mean't by the ban not being long enough in your opinion, if they gave him a year you would say it should have been 2. The rules do not state it is a 2 year ban, it states a maximum of 2 years, Danno got eight months, why should Ward be longer.

Ward should be AT LEAST 8 months then, the precedent is already set in this instance. Why should Ward be shorter then?

Ward has `history` and appears not to learn from any of them.

A longer sentence perhaps, perhaps might give a very clear message and chance to consider his future.

Stop acting like a child "Please sir, so and so was doing it too"

However, as you want to mention them, this is your platform.

NAME the several Cardiff riders who were CLEARLY imbibing during the day of the GP and were meant to be riding later that day.

So what? That's completely his choice and should have no relevance at all to the decision making process.

Gary Havelock was banned for 12 months. He came back and became World Champion.

I think you are forgetting he is Speedway Star and Sky Speedway's Golden Child, (the 8.0001 rule/turbo twins blah blah blah) -normal rules don't apply.

Ward should be AT LEAST 8 months then, the precedent is already set in this instance. Why should Ward be shorter then?

A longer sentence perhaps, perhaps might give a very clear message and chance to consider his future.

His ban should be the same as Danno, 8 months, as his offence was the same - failing an alcohol test. How much by is immaterial - he failed end of.

His history has nothing to do with his actions on a speedway track and should not be taken into account IMHO.

Any tingling senation of sympathy I felt for Ward (there was little) has just well and truly gone if he believes he is not deservant of suspension or financial penalty.

Quite clearly he hasn't learnt a thing from this and still believes he shouldn't be punished.

Throw the book at him if that's his attitude.

I think many of us echo those sentiments. My first reaction was that it beggars belief that any sportsman at any level should think there should be no punishment at all for breaking the rules, but on reflection I suppose you have to acknowledge that he rides for a promotion and resides with a team manager who seem to believe that rules only apply to other people.

• Like 6

A longer sentence perhaps, perhaps might give a very clear message and chance to consider his futur

Exactly what i mean't whatever the ban is you would want it longer. Didn't say it should be shorter.

Is he for real?

As much as i love watching him ride if he has said that then it only goes to show he is not living in the real world and a ban would do him good.

• Like 3

People saying 8 months. You're forgetting he made excuses when interviewed Sunday and didn't say he wouldn't do it again, just be more hydrated (that won't work, he'll still have the alcohol in his body!!) and he's now saying he should get no punishment. He deserves a longer punishment for his lack of remorse.

Edited by SCB

People saying 8 months. You're forgetting he made excuses when interviewed Saturday and didn't say he wouldn't do it again, just be more hydrated (that won't work, he'll still have the alcohol in his body!!) and he's not saying he should get no punishment. He deserves a longer punishment for his lack of remorse.

That's the impression I got - no remorse for the alcohol but bemoaning his luck at not having drunk enough water.

• Like 1