British Speedway Forum

Pirates 2014

sorry do you actually believe what you write or you trolling? Pathetic retort that drags the name down of the decent Poole fans on here. What I do find funny is how Starman does a Shovlar and goes missing lol

Probably done the right thing, no point in discussing with a hateful, vengeful, frenzied, bloodthirsty mob. :wink:

• Like 1

ALL the clubs need to commit to it, then it might work. Just need to get the PL to get themselves in order.

Of course rules will be changed to help Poole when Darcy gets the ban he earned all by himself. And sadly we all know even in jest that its true. :neutral:

You must be the only Speedway supporter i know that doesn't know who Phil is.

YES we do know the full facts.

Darcy was breathalysed, failed the test and banned from racing. They are the ONLY facts we actually know.

The only other facts we don't know of importance or relevance is the result of the FIM jury hearing.

Only a troll would turn it into an anti Poole thing.

Two words i thought i would never read in a sentence, Starman2006 and sensible.

Only silence has maintained the sensibility, it is likely to be ruined with the first post. :P

1381235207_gee-thats-an-awfully-high-hor

• Like 3

Of cause it makes a difference. Monster's not going to sit back, while others determine the penalty for one of their Star riders. Monster will fight his corner, and because they are the major sponsors in the BSI/ SGP they're opinion will be considered. . Same with Sky, they want riders like Darcy on the tele, so they also want him on the track.

If this had happened to a normal 'run of the mill' league rider he would have been banned by now and no questioned asked. So YES, of cause it make a massive difference, Shouldn't do , but it does......

VERY much doubt that Monster will have any say in what the FIM Medical Commission come up with although they might fund a lawyer to plead mitigating circumstances. But their speedway sponsorship is irrelevant.

An immediate ban is not in the power of the FIM Jury and the case has to go before the appropriate panel. It would be no different with a rider failing an alcohol test prior to a league meeting. You cannot just take their licence away without due process.

Absolute rubbish. Rider's, sponsors etc are irrelevant. They have no say what so ever. You make it sound as if the FIM are like the BSPA. Clearly you have no idea of the history of the FIM and just looking at it from a speedway point of view.

The FIM have cracked down on much much bigger fish than Darcy Ward in much much much much bigger and more high profile sports than Speedway.

This will be purely Darcy Ward v FIM, no more no less

The bigger the fish, the bigger the 'brown envelope'. :shock:

YES we do know the full facts.

Darcy was breathalysed, failed the test and banned from racing. They are the ONLY facts we actually know.

The only other facts we don't know of importance or relevance is the result of the FIM jury hearing.

Only a troll would turn it into an anti Poole thing.

Self criticism. :party:

You seem to love a lot about this. I think most other speedway fans are gutted about his stupidity, and the fact it will almost certainly mean we miss out on watching him for a chunk of time.

no i dont 'love a lot about this'. i do find Middlo exrtremely foolish in all of this and find him hilarious and those who defend him.

Obviously my comment was a joke but the rules cannot be changed to suit poole in this scenario, I know you think he should be banned a long time but I dont think he will be or should be. Whatever the result of the length of ban it won't be long enough for you.

If the ban is only 30 days that is farcical.

Im not saying he should get a year but he needs to not be allowed to compete fro the rest of this season as a mimimum.

30 days gives him a nice rest ready for the play offs.

Its got nothing to do with who the rider is though im sure most will se it that way.

Danno and Kennett are examples of what the minimum should be

Probably done the right thing, no point in discussing with a hateful, vengeful, frenzied, bloodthirsty mob. :wink:

really is that what we are then? what a childish response

Doesnt matter who the rider is, if you fail an alcohol test you should get banned end of discussion.

The thing is Darcy has so much previous hanging over him that people will bring those up.

What would be nice to see is that Poole fans actually condemn him.

Quite a few have which is good to see.

Trouble is there are the odd 1 or 2 like Poole Quay and Starman who either dont comment or just accuse evryone of hating Ward or Poole, the usual pathetic response.

There wouldnt be so many pages if it was any other rider. The fact is its Ward yet again failing as a person

• Like 1

But it's not 'irrelevant' is it?

Was he half a lager over or five pints over....big difference!!! :cry:

doesnt make a difference at all. your over the limit your over the limit end of.

he shouldnt have had a drink saturday night wether it was 5 pints or 10.

• Like 1

doesnt make a difference at all. your over the limit your over the limit end of.

I've seen plenty riders drinking the night before a GP, someone close to your heart included.

But it does have a bearing on the punishment dished out!

At least it would if you had been driving a car!

And please don't come back saying he wasn't driving a car though.....

It's all about increments!

• Like 1

I am not submitting any mitigation here just a theory.

Several riders do drink the night before a GP, [Fact.Myself and other BSF members have been in their company], some drink more than others, DW for one. In almost most cases the alcohol would be sufficiently disipated to pass a breath test before a 7pm GP start, but this GP was a lunch time start, so a big banana skin here and Darcy walked in 'eyes wide shut' and stood on it.

Only saying, like.

Trouble is there are the odd 1 or 2 like Poole Quay and Starman who either dont comment or just accuse evryone of hating Ward or Poole, the usual pathetic response.

There wouldnt be so many pages if it was any other rider. The fact is its Ward yet again failing as a person

In your haste to write yet more trash talk gavan, I see you have found it convenient to have a selective memory when you think it serves your purpose because you overlooked my post (below) and starman hasn't commented!

Cue yet more of " the usual pathetic response".... backtracking and trying to explain yourself yet again.

In Topic: Pirates 2014

17 August 2014 - 03:35 PM

"I'm very disappointed to hear this news.

If Darcy is found guilty of this then he should be looking at a ban from professional speedway which should to be determined by the appropriate authorities.

Regardless of any mitigating circumstances - it is important that no spin comes from any level of management at Poole Speedway. Instead, let him know how he let us down and set an appalling example to the youngsters who idolise him at Wimborne Rd.

I don't see myself as being over dramatic here, but really Darcy, how many chances do you want ? It's time to stop this thoughtless behaviour and concentrate 100% on speedway which you are brilliant at.

Find a mentor like Jason Crump or Leigh Adams and learn what is like to be a true professorial before it's too late.

I sincerely wish him success in life and speedway."

Edited by Poole Quay 7
  • Like 2

I disagree. I think it is quite relevant to the level of punishment deserved.

Except the rules don't allow for it to matter. If he can prove it was accidentally the 2 year ban can be halved. If he stood to make no gain he can have the ban halved again. So he can get it down to 6 months. Nothing about only being a little bit over, you're either over or you're not. Not sure where a month comes from, it's 0, 6,12, 18 or 24 months. The rules don't allow for 30 days.

I am not submitting any mitigation here just a theory.

Several riders do drink the night before a GP, [Fact.Myself and other BSF members have been in their company], some drink more than others, DW for one. In almost most cases the alcohol would be sufficiently disipated to pass a breath test before a 7pm GP start, but this GP was a lunch time start, so a big banana skin here and Darcy walked in 'eyes wide shut' and stood on it.

Only saying, like.

3 pm Latvian time

Any tingling senation of sympathy I felt for Ward (there was little) has just well and truly gone if he believes he is not deservant of suspension or financial penalty.

Quite clearly he hasn't learnt a thing from this and still believes he shouldn't be punished.

Throw the book at him if that's his attitude.

• Like 3

Update:

2011 Torun team manager and organiser of the European Speedway Championship, SÅ‚awomir Kryjom has said: "I have been talking to Darcy for a very long time. He is devastated by what has happened. I do not want to justify what he has done but he has been suffering with problems in his personal life. I know what these problems are but I do not feel I can speak about them publicly."

Former Torun manager Jacek Gajewski has said: "Darcy has been stupid. I thought the lawsuit he faced when accused of rape scared him and it occurred to him that he must grow up, but then he was caught in Australia riding a motorbike under the influence of various different drugs. Unfortunately the Australian is very reckless. If the same thing at Daugavpils had happened to say Perowi Jonssonowi or Ryan Sullivan who do not usually drink, you would think they must be suffering with a lot of personal issues, but Darcy Ward? Think about the damage this could of caused if Darcy was scheduled to ride in an important play off match? In 2012 he went to a pub in England and got into a fight only 2 days before the second leg of another match."

"I expect Darcy will be suspended from any competition pending his disciplinary hearing. I do not expect he will be allowed to race in Sweden tonight (or in England on Wednesday)."

"Darcy had also lied about his alcohol levels. He claimed his alcohol levels were 0.01, but that was not the case. Darcy was tested 3 times, the first indication was 0.5, after half an hour of 0.45 and 0.39 on the final test."

Ekstraliga president Wojciech Stępniewski has said: "The ban should not effect his ability to compete i the Ekstraliga (or the British Elite League) as the violation took place in the Grand Prix series and not a league match. We await the ruling of the FIM"

Sources close to the FIM say they expect Darcy Ward may face a ban until the end of the season.

Darcy Ward, who is awaiting the decision of the FIM say's he does not think he deserves a suspension or financial penalty, although he is very apologetic for what has happened. He said he is feeling fit and would like to ride in Sweden tonight and for Poole in the Elite League on Wednesday.

I believe this is an accurate translation. Please forgive me if I have translated any details incorrectly. Translated by myself from a Polish article by Nowosci.com.pl.

Edited by Charizard
  • Like 1