British Speedway Forum

Pirates 2014

Isn't it strange - and a touch hypocritical - that nobody mentions the several riders at Cardiff who were clearly imbibing during the day of the GP, including at least one who was riding later that day and one that could have been if called upon!!!!

What nonsense..

Who else in recent times has failed an 'alcohol test' ?

Only Darcy I believe !

And as a result he should receive the appropriate punishment, (as should anyone else who fails said test)..

• Like 1

What nonsense..

Who else in recent times has failed an 'alcohol test' ?

Only Darcy I believe !

And as a result he should receive the appropriate punishment, (as should anyone else who fails said test)..

You obviously missed my post that said he should be punished appropriately and that ALL riders should be compulsorily tested!!

As Philip Rising has said elsewhere 3 riders are selected at random by way of a 'draw' for an alcohol test 1 hour prior to each SGP.

Edited by Skidder1

You obviously missed my post that said he should be punished appropriately and that ALL riders should be compulsorily tested!!

As Philip Rising has said elsewhere 3 riders are selected at random by way of a 'draw' for an alcohol test 1 hour prior to each SGP.

I wasn't replying to that post, but I do agree with those sentiments..

sorry do you actually believe what you write or you trolling? Pathetic retort that drags the name down of the decent Poole fans on here. What I do find funny is how Starman does a Shovlar and goes missing lol

And yet Starman has been on here today aswell...no doubt we'll get some cock and bull story as to why he couldnt post his thoughts..

• Like 1

And yet Starman has been on here today aswell...no doubt we'll get some cock and bull story as to why he couldnt post his thoughts..

To be fair, Starman is being sensible on this occasion by not commenting.

The other so called Ward fans would be better served by following his example.

• Like 2

Isn't it strange - and a touch hypocritical - that nobody mentions the several riders at Cardiff who were clearly imbibing during the day of the GP, including at least one who was riding later that day and one that could have been if called upon!!!!

What strange line of argument. If there were "several" and only two likely to ride that day the rest could do as they like as they were not "on duty".

We keep hearing about all these riders that habitually get plastered on the night before a GP but they all seem to slip through the net except poor old Darcy. How strange. :o

TOUGH to separate heart from head. Fact is he failed a mandatory test. Not by much and if the test had been four hours later would probably have passed. But it wasn't and he didn't.

Obviously he cannot be made a special case because of his exceptional on track talent so my head says at least six months, maybe longer with part suspended.

I really do fear for him if he is out of the sport for longer. Visions of Kelly Moran keep entering my head. Would like to think that he would use any time out of the saddle to get his knee fixed, get properly fit and to turn over a new leaf. Pigs might fly I suppose...

Ronnie Moore left the sport for 2 years and came back to win the World Championship. He then retired for 6 years and came back as a world class rider. Darcy's problem is his life style. He can get away with it at 22 but probably not for many more years. He has an exceptional constitution that enables him to live the party life and not be affected in the way that most people would but it can't go on forever. as soon as he puts on a bit of weight his problems will start, just as they have for plenty of other riders.

• Like 3

The Fast Track system was always going to be imbalanced, simply because of the riders available. If the clubs all commit to developing young Brits, then the overall quality of riders should improve and some form of draft system used to divvy them up.

ALL the clubs need to commit to it, then it might work. Just need to get the PL to get themselves in order.

Perhaps we can change the rules so its not just for guests!!

Of course rules will be changed to help Poole when Darcy gets the ban he earned all by himself. And sadly we all know even in jest that its true. :neutral:

I've been a speedway supporter for a good 10 years now. My circle of friends and I don't tend to talk too much about magazine editors, believe it or not we are more interested in the speedway. Not to mention there are quite a few Phil's and Philips in the speedway world. But no of course, I must be new to speedway. Good call :t:

You must be the only Speedway supporter i know that doesn't know who Phil is.

No one knows the full details do they?? He may have been slightly over ?? What do you know.

YES we do know the full facts.

Darcy was breathalysed, failed the test and banned from racing. They are the ONLY facts we actually know.

The only other facts we don't know of importance or relevance is the result of the FIM jury hearing.

Only a troll would turn it into an anti Poole thing.

To be fair, Starman is being sensible on this occasion by not commenting.

The other so called Ward fans would be better served by following his example.

Two words i thought i would never read in a sentence, Starman2006 and sensible.

Only silence has maintained the sensibility, it is likely to be ruined with the first post. :P

Edited by stevebrum

Just love the Middlo quote of mitigating circumstances lol. There are none Middlo! He is a pathetic excuse of a role model for Darcy! For once he needs to condemn him but oh no he defends him yet again. The fact remains he had a drink the night before a speedway meeting. Didn't see Emil or Tai go on the booze when their fathers were ill! Wouldn't mind betting his latest girl had dumped him! Would love to see Matt Ford do the right thing and kick him out and get in a true pro like Holder. Thing is Darcy is the better rider and Poole want the league every year

You seem to love a lot about this. I think most other speedway fans are gutted about his stupidity, and the fact it will almost certainly mean we miss out on watching him for a chunk of time.
  • Like 3

Any FIM ban is sure to be 'worldwide', so if there is a ban, I'm not sure what his current, up-to-date average is?! The latest official figure as per BSPA and last Wednesday's match programme is 8.74 but he has ridden a few meetings since then. Holder's is 8.83. Hancock finished on 8.87.

KK finished 2012 on 8.39 and Miedzinski on 8.21. (Emil Sayfutdinov still assessed at 8.00!!)

Kk the most realistic option? Re declaring more than one position to get in holder would severly wesken the team. Perhaps holder should have tried harder to lower his average esrlier in the season...

Though if your latest post about a 30 day ban is correct, then using guests would be logical, otherwise you couldnt get darcy back in.

ALL the clubs need to commit to it, then it might work. Just need to get the PL to get themselves in order.

Of course rules will be changed to help Poole when Darcy gets the ban he earned all by himself. And sadly we all know even in jest that its true. :neutral:

You must be the only Speedway supporter i know that doesn't know who Phil is.

YES we do know the full facts.

Darcy was breathalysed, failed the test and banned from racing. They are the ONLY facts we actually know.

The only other facts we don't know of importance or relevance is the result of the FIM jury hearing.

Only a troll would turn it into an anti Poole thing.

Two words i thought i would never read in a sentence, Starman2006 and sensible.

Only silence has maintained the sensibility, it is likely to be ruined with the first post. :P

Obviously my comment was a joke but the rules cannot be changed to suit poole in this scenario, I know you think he should be banned a long time but I dont think he will be or should be. Whatever the result of the length of ban it won't be long enough for you.

• Like 2

Obviously my comment was a joke but the rules cannot be changed to suit poole in this scenario, I know you think he should be banned a long time but I dont think he will be or should be. Whatever the result of the length of ban it won't be long enough for you.

If It is just 30 days that doesn't seem to be a punishment, more a rest. Should be the rest of this season minimum in my opinion. I will say though if 30 days is what the FIM give then I'll accept it. What I won't have (and people will say it) is that the ban is short because it's Darcy Ward.

This is not the case as the FIM are a very fierce bunch and a name and face means nothing to them. What they impose on Ward is what it is.

• Like 2

If It is just 30 days that doesn't seem to be a punishment, more a rest. Should be the rest of this season minimum in my opinion. I will say though if 30 days is what the FIM give then I'll accept it. What I won't have (and people will say it) is that the ban is short because it's Darcy Ward.

This is not the case as the FIM are a very fierce bunch and a name and face means nothing to them. What they impose on Ward is what it is.

Of cause it makes a difference. Monster's not going to sit back, while others determine the penalty for one of their Star riders. Monster will fight his corner, and because they are the major sponsors in the BSI/ SGP they're opinion will be considered. . Same with Sky, they want riders like Darcy on the tele, so they also want him on the track.

If this had happened to a normal 'run of the mill' league rider he would have been banned by now and no questioned asked. So YES, of cause it make a massive difference, Shouldn't do , but it does......

• Like 1

Of cause it makes a difference. Monster's not going to sit back, while others determine the penalty for one of their Star riders. Monster will fight his corner, and because they are the major sponsors in the BSI/ SGP they're opinion will be considered. . Same with Sky, they want riders like Darcy on the tele, so they also want him on the track.

If this had happened to a normal 'run of the mill' league rider he would have been banned by now and no questioned asked. So YES, of cause it make a massive difference, Shouldn't do , but it does......

Absolute rubbish. Rider's, sponsors etc are irrelevant. They have no say what so ever. You make it sound as if the FIM are like the BSPA. Clearly you have no idea of the history of the FIM and just looking at it from a speedway point of view.

The FIM have cracked down on much much bigger fish than Darcy Ward in much much much much bigger and more high profile sports than Speedway.

This will be purely Darcy Ward v FIM, no more no less

Edited by screamer
  • Like 2