British Speedway Forum

Pirates 2014

Are you serious ?

Yes, of course I am serious. Out of the 1 million posts currently on this forum, posted by some 14,000 members, I have not come across many of the 0.3% of Philiprising's posts, and not one that explained who he or she is. Is that very hard for you to imagine?

Yes, of course I am serious. Out of the 1 million posts currently on this forum, posted by some 14,000 members, I have not come across many of the 0.3% of Philiprising's posts, and not one that explained who he or she is. Is that very hard for you to imagine?

Blimey...bit of a newbie to speedway then are we ?

Blimey...bit of a newbie to speedway then are we ?

I've been a speedway supporter for a good 10 years now. My circle of friends and I don't tend to talk too much about magazine editors, believe it or not we are more interested in the speedway. Not to mention there are quite a few Phil's and Philips in the speedway world. But no of course, I must be new to speedway. Good call :t:

I've been a speedway supporter for a good 10 years now. My circle of friends and I don't tend to talk too much about magazine editors, believe it or not we are more interested in the speedway. Not to mention there are quite a few Phil's and Philips in the speedway world. But no of course, I must be new to speedway. Good call :t:

I don't talk much about magazine editors too, but i'd still have my eyes and ears open to know who people are within speedway.

phill, you have been there and got the teeshirt all things Speedway what punishment to you thing Ward should get?

TOUGH to separate heart from head. Fact is he failed a mandatory test. Not by much and if the test had been four hours later would probably have passed. But it wasn't and he didn't.

Obviously he cannot be made a special case because of his exceptional on track talent so my head says at least six months, maybe longer with part suspended.

I really do fear for him if he is out of the sport for longer. Visions of Kelly Moran keep entering my head. Would like to think that he would use any time out of the saddle to get his knee fixed, get properly fit and to turn over a new leaf. Pigs might fly I suppose...

• Like 2

No one knows the full details do they?? He may have been slightly over ?? What do you know.

What it does do is give an opportunity for the poole haters to vent their spleens. The vitriol against ward and poole is quite awful. On here and on the poole site.

They come out of the blocks quicker than Hancock does!!!

I will await the final verdicts of the authorities until passing further comment.

The poole haters can carry on snarling as their teams still fail their tests!!

The test of winning!!!

• Like 1

No one knows the full details do they?? He may have been slightly over ?? What do you know.

What it does do is give an opportunity for the poole haters to vent their spleens. The vitriol against ward and poole is quite awful. On here and on the poole site.

I will await the final verdicts of the authorities until passing further comment.

The test of winning!!!

Pathetic post, you're an embarrassment to Poole Speedway and their decent fans.

• Like 6

TOUGH to separate heart from head. Fact is he failed a mandatory test. Not by much and if the test had been four hours later would probably have passed. But it wasn't and he didn't.

Obviously he cannot be made a special case because of his exceptional on track talent so my head says at least six months, maybe longer with part suspended.

I really do fear for him if he is out of the sport for longer. Visions of Kelly Moran keep entering my head. Would like to think that he would use any time out of the saddle to get his knee fixed, get properly fit and to turn over a new leaf. Pigs might fly I suppose...

Is that six months - or six months over Speedway seasons? I think a minimum should be the rest of this season and the 2015 season (14 months) . He really does need to suffer for his mistakes otherwise he will just continue. The problem is that his teams and his supporters will suffer too - but that's better than six months equalling from now until next March, whilst in the meantime he gets his knee sorted out - which equals no punishment at all really...

I cant imagine there are many on this forum who dont

know who phil rising is, from personal experience he is a nice guy and very helpful. I hope he keeps posting on here as he imparts information that most of us wouldnt hear otherwise and his opinions are always of value

The test of winning!!!

I am not a Poole hater - just a hater of dangerous and foolish behaviour that could affect other riders and the sport of Speedway. No person - and no club - is bigger than the sport itself.

Isn't it strange - and a touch hypocritical - that nobody mentions the several riders at Cardiff who were clearly imbibing during the day of the GP, including at least one who was riding later that day and one that could have been if called upon!!!!

Is that six months - or six months over Speedway seasons? I think a minimum should be the rest of this season and the 2015 season (14 months) . He really does need to suffer for his mistakes otherwise he will just continue. The problem is that his teams and his supporters will suffer too - but that's better than six months equalling from now until next March, whilst in the meantime he gets his knee sorted out - which equals no punishment at all really...

DO you honestly think that Ward would come back after 14 months out, which would probably mean he couldn't get back into the SGP until 2017? Just asking the question...

Cannot agree that six months would be no punishment ... would cost him top eight place in SGP, deny him a place in the Australian Championship and therefore a chance to reach the 2015 GP Challenge

Isn't it strange - and a touch hypocritical - that nobody mentions the several riders at Cardiff who were clearly imbibing during the day of the GP, including at least one who was riding later that day and one that could have been if called upon!!!!

NAME the several Cardiff riders who were CLEARLY imbibing during the day of the GP and were meant to be riding later that day.

DO you honestly think that Ward would come back after 14 months out, which would probably mean he couldn't get back into the SGP until 2017? Just asking the question...

Cannot agree that six months would be no punishment ... would cost him top eight place in SGP, deny him a place in the Australian Championship and therefore a chance to reach the 2015 GP Challenge

So what? That's completely his choice and should have no relevance at all to the decision making process.

Gary Havelock was banned for 12 months. He came back and became World Champion.

• Like 2

Just love the Middlo quote of mitigating circumstances lol. There are none Middlo! He is a pathetic excuse of a role model for Darcy! For once he needs to condemn him but oh no he defends him yet again. The fact remains he had a drink the night before a speedway meeting. Didn't see Emil or Tai go on the booze when their fathers were ill! Wouldn't mind betting his latest girl had dumped him! Would love to see Matt Ford do the right thing and kick him out and get in a true pro like Holder. Thing is Darcy is the better rider and Poole want the league every year

• Like 1