British Speedway Forum

Pirates 2014

Assuming Darcy receives a ban I would expect him to be replaced by Chris Holder or Greg Hancock. Does anybody know if the averages will allow this?

I would prefer to have Greg instead of Chris to be honest. Greg is firing on all cylinders at the moment and feels very comfortable with his place in the sport. Chris is working through a lot of injuries and I don't think he is the best man for the job at such an important part of the year.

I do not condone wards actions at all, however it is common knowledge that most riders enjoy a drink or 5, maybe something a bit more at times! This has been the case for years. I can't help but feel as this is darcy and his relation to Poole, people are forgetting this. Perhaps instead of randomly selecting a few riders for testing, all riders should be expected to undergo testing. If they have nothing to hide, I shouldn't imagine there would be a problem.

Common knowledge ? So how does the average punter on the terraces come by this "common knowledge" . Or do you mean "common gossip " to be more precise ?

If it is that widespread, how come its always Darcy that is the one getting caught ?

• Like 2

Common knowledge ? So how does the average punter on the terraces come by this "common knowledge" . Or do you mean "common gossip " to be more precise ?

If it is that widespread, how come its always Darcy that is the one getting caught ?

This is the first time Darcy has been caught with alcohol in his system on a speedway bike. He was breath tested a few weeks ago and found to have 0 alcohol in his system.

• Like 1

I can't imagine Hancock taking on more racing while he's leading the World Championship, unless its a VERY fat pay cheque being dangled in front of him. Holder the obvious choice should Ward get banned.

With such a short schedule until the end of the season I would imagine Greg might be interested, especially as he could be part of another title win. I recall last time he said racing in Britain had really helped him sharpen up.

Any FIM ban is sure to be 'worldwide', so if there is a ban, I'm not sure what his current, up-to-date average is?! The latest official figure as per BSPA and last Wednesday's match programme is 8.74 but he has ridden a few meetings since then. Holder's is 8.83. Hancock finished on 8.87.

KK finished 2012 on 8.39 and Miedzinski on 8.21. (Emil Sayfutdinov still assessed at 8.00!!)

Edited by Skidder1

Any FIM ban is sure to be 'worldwide', so if there is a ban, I'm not sure what his current, up-to-date average is?! The latest official figure as per BSPA and last Wednesday's match programme is 8.74 but he has ridden a few meetings since then. Holder's is 8.83. Hancock finished on 8.87.

KK finished 2012 on 8.39 and Miedzinski on 8.21. (Emil Sayfutdinov still assessed at 8.00!!)

Both Chris Holder and Greg Hancock's averages above Darcys so Poole would have to re-declare and drop someone else as well.

• Like 1

http://www.speedwaygb.co/14issues/el14_issue24.pdf

Does this make Darcy's average 9.18?

S.R.17.7.1 Absent Rider's actual achieved CMA is calculated as actual +5%(for Home team only)

It would for a guest for Poole home meetings but not for a change in the team line up.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

It would for a guest for Poole home meetings but not for a change in the team line up.

Thank you for clearing that up for me.

Can Poole utilize the guest facility whilst looking for a new rider? What are a teams options when a rider is banned? In all fairness Poole have had the rug pulled from beneath them. (Perhaps it's karma! :lol:)

Edited by Charizard

Both Chris Holder and Greg Hancock's averages above Darcys so Poole would have to re-declare and drop someone else as well.

I'm sure Matt will find that pretty easy to do.

Thank you for clearing that up for me.

Can Poole utilize the guest facility whilst looking for a new rider? What are a teams options when a rider is banned? In all fairness Poole have had the rug pulled from beneath them. (Perhaps it's karma! :lol:)

I think clubs in those circumstances are usually given a facility for 28 days. Could be wrong tho.

• Like 1

Is it known exactly why he was picked to take an alcohol test? Since it's not even regularly done, somebody must have had a reason for him to be tested.

Probably he wasn't walking straight so not necessarily one person noticing. :wink:

......Charizard......A lot of girls dress and act very provocatively after they have had a few drinks and they do have a habit of throwing themselves at you!

If only KKS could find a few. I gather he's pretty desperate. :lol:

Edited by Gemini

I can't see anyway anyone can defend Ward? Then again I'm not surprised some do. There are no excuses nothing not even bad news should make you drink before any meeting. Sad to see his talent has gone to waste at least Michael Lee won a world title. Middlo is a clown we know that and nobody listens to him anymore