British Speedway Forum

Pirates 2014

Update:

Source: bournemouthecho.co.uk

The 22-year-old is due to attend a jury meeting following this afternoon's event in Riga at which he will give his version of events.

Based on that meeting, a decision will then be made on what punishment, if any, will be handed out. A suspension and/or fine are possible penalties that Ward could face.

His team manager at Poole, Neil Middleditch, politely declined to comment on the matter in detail.

However, Middleditch told the Daily Echo: "I do not condone Darcy's actions but there are some mitigating circumstances which will come to light."

I think a 2 year ban is well over the top. He has done wrong and deserves punishment but potentially ending his career considering the circumstances isn't the right thing to do.

And no, I don't think he was suffering from grief or hardship then.

I would prefer to go by evidence than judge somebody who I really don't know, especially not based on mistakes they may have made in the past. None of us here know the full story. It's very easy for us to be judgmental when we aren't walking in his boots.

To clarify - i mean 2 years as ending this season, and the whole of next.

I really dont want to know the full story of his tragedy, because it's not relevant - he's given his excuses, but he's still very very in the wrong.

Also, did he actually say it was a bereavement ? Thinking back, i don't think he did, did he ? You'd think he'd say that if thats what it was ? Perhaps i'm being too much of a detective here...just wondering tho.

Edited by The Doctor...

If he was only slightly over I doubt any other rider's life was in danger, are some people going OTT because this is Darcy? He said it was the worst day of his life, sounds like something really horrible concerning his family :-(

Only slightly over ? The limit is zero for a reason it doesn't mater if your 1 milligram ore 100 if you're over you're over. Getting bad news is also no excuse for hitting the bottle . if you where stopped by the police driving down the motorway and found to be over the limit I don't think that that defence would work

• Like 1

Only slightly over ? The limit is zero for a reason it doesn't mater if your 1 milligram ore 100 if you're over you're over. Getting bad news is also no excuse for hitting the bottle . if you where stopped by the police driving down the motorway and found to be over the limit I don't think that that defence would work

It definitely wouldn't!

I'm very disappointed to hear this news.

If Darcy is found guilty of this then he should be looking at a ban from professional speedway which should to be determined by the appropriate authorities.

Regardless of any mitigating circumstances - it is important that no spin comes from any level of management at Poole Speedway. Instead, let him know how he let us down and set an appalling example to the youngsters who idolise him at Wimborne Rd.

I don't see myself as being over dramatic here, but really Darcy, how many chances do you want ? It's time to stop this thoughtless behaviour and concentrate 100% on speedway which you are brilliant at.

Find a mentor like Jason Crump or Leigh Adams and learn what is like to be a true professorial before it's too late.

I sincerely wish him success in life and speedway.

• Like 9

How many more times does Darcy have to get away with these things before he blows the talent he's got.

It doesn't matter what he was over but the fact that he was.

I knew someone who went to jail for causing a death when just over the limit & he deserved everything he got.

His wife had just left him & took his kids but that was no excuse & nothing is.

Darcy needs a kick up the backside but because he's such a talent no -one will do it.

How many more times does Darcy have to get away with these things before he blows the talent he's got.

It doesn't matter what he was over but the fact that he was.

I knew someone who went to jail for causing a death when just over the limit & he deserved everything he got.

His wife had just left him & took his kids but that was no excuse & nothing is.

Darcy needs a kick up the backside but because he's such a talent no -one will do it.

With this being in the hands of the FIM I have no doubt it will be the end of his season minimum.

As failing a breath test is now considered a doping offence he is looking at a possible 2 year ban

I said last season that there is only one rider who can stop Darcy being a multiple world champion & that was himself.

Such a waste but I hope he gets the book thrown at him.

Middlo needs to keep his mouth shut as well as he just makes us look fkn stupid

I wonder what Middlo would say it he was involved in an accident with a driver just over the limit with mitigating circumstances.

I think we all know the answer to that & he should give Darcy the rocket he deserves & stop sticking up for him.

If he was only slightly over I doubt any other rider's life was in danger, are some people going OTT because this is Darcy? He said it was the worst day of his life, sounds like something really horrible concerning his family :-(

what utter bull - he's no better than a drink driver no excuses there you no the law - ask Lee Riichardson wife how dangerous the sport is without actions like Ward the fact is had he not been breath tested he would have rode endangering every other rider .

what utter bull - he's no better than a drink driver no excuses there you no the law - ask Lee Riichardson wife how dangerous the sport is without actions like Ward the fact is had he not been breath tested he would have rode endangering every other rider .

let's hope other riders take note of what's happened to ward many times I have stop for quick beer after the meeting and riders have also droped into the bar for couple of quick ones and then the following day they our racing again!!

Just trying to put things into perspective whilst most are going OTT.

The only perspective is that he has contravined F.I.M rules on anti doping which includes alcohol....end of....no-one is going OTT if he has broken those and the maximum ban to my knowledge is 2 years are they?

You don't even know me mate. Nice swerve though - you're defending the indefensible so choose to turn this into something about me..

Good strong words again from Nicholls

Just ignore him/her as clearly it knows it is in the wrong with it's view....definatly in the minority as i know quite a few Poole fans are spitting blood with Darky

• Like 1

The only perspective is that he has contravined F.I.M rules on anti doping which includes alcohol....end of....no-one is going OTT if he has broken those and the maximum ban to my knowledge is 2 years are they?

Just ignore him/her as clearly it knows it is in the wrong with it's view....definatly in the minority as i know quite a few Poole fans are spitting blood with Darky

The ones I know are too! Would any ban be just from FIM events or everything?