British Speedway Forum

Pirates 2014

Well first of all, what is the limit for riding a speedway bike? Is this a speedway regulation or a local regulation? The alcohol drink driving limit for road users varies massively country to country. Perhaps they forbid any alcohol at all? It's not uncommon for somebody to drink heavily one night, and feel fine the next day but still be over the legal limit.

I'm just saying it's not uncommon for somebody his age to have a heavy Saturday night and not realize the effects might last so long. He could of been well under our legal drink drive limit in the UK but over theirs in Daugavpils.

Not defending him, just brain storming. Doesn't always pay to judge somebody without the facts.

Brain storming maybe...but i believe its zero alcohol in any Fim event, so drink drive limits in different countries are irrelevant.

Very strange to even go the lengths of thinking he has any kind of "version" whatsoever..

I'm hoping he gets a long long ban.

• Like 3

Well first of all, what is the limit for riding a speedway bike? Is this a speedway regulation or a local regulation? The alcohol drink driving limit for road users varies massively country to country. Perhaps they forbid any alcohol at all? It's not uncommon for somebody to drink heavily one night, and feel fine the next day but still be over the legal limit.

I'm just saying it's not uncommon for somebody his age to have a heavy Saturday night and not realize the effects might last so long. He could of been well under our legal drink drive limit in the UK but over theirs in Daugavpils.

Not defending him, just brain storming. Doesn't always pay to judge somebody without the facts.

We have the facts.

He failed a breath test and prevented from competing in a competition.

No other facts are needed, all the rest are speculation.

You are on a downward spiral trying to defend or look for other reasons.

• Like 1

Brain storming maybe...but i believe its zero alcohol in any Fim event, so drink drive limits in different countries are irrelevant.

Very strange to even go the lengths of thinking he has any kind of "version" whatsoever..

I'm hoping he gets a long long ban.

Do you have any sources for this regulation?

I think it's a bit aloof to hope he gets a "long long" ban, it look's like the guy probably has enough on his plate as it is. He's looked a shadow of the guy he used to be only a couple of years ago. He hasn't looked happy in interviews for a long time and clearly hasn't been himself as of recent.

We have the facts.

Probably Putin's fault, he gets the blame for most things...

I think it's a bit aloof to hope he gets a "long long" ban, it look's like the guy probably has enough on his plate as it is. He's looked a shadow of the guy he used to be only a couple of years ago. He hasn't looked happy in interviews for a long time and clearly hasn't been himself as of recent.

Well i've worked at quite a few Fim events so am only going on previous, not got time to give you links to sources.

I personally dont give two hoots if he's got a lot on his plate - it does not excuse him for breaching alcohol regs, and putting others in danger.

• Like 5

2 motoX rider's have been suspended by the FIM for failed drink tests for the remainder of seasons. And to be reviewed for the following year. They take an absolute zero tolerance to failed tests regardless of how big a name someone is within the sport.

This will not be the end of the matter with the FIM.

Edited by screamer
  • Like 2

Well i've worked at quite a few Fim events so am only going on previous, not got time to give you links to sources.

I personally dont give two hoots if he's got a lot on his plate - it does not excuse him for breaching alcohol regs, and putting others in danger.

A Poole fan looking for an excuse. No real surprise!

We have the facts.

Some Poole fans will try defend the indefensible.

A Poole fan looking for an excuse. No real surprise!

Nothing to do with Poole Steve, no need to be like that is there? :neutral: I have been the first to criticize when Poole have done wrong, but I am not obsessed with them. I am a Poole supporter but first and foremost I am a speedway supporter. It's starting to seem anything remotely related to Poole quickly stirs hate inside of you and you are fast to treat Poole fans like they are dirt. Come on mate, it doesn't need to be like that does it? What does that say about you?

I am just saying, it doesn't hurt to have some compassion. Imagine for a second that something unforeseen happened and resulted in your life taking a downward turn, I am sure you would want any mitigating circumstances to be taken in to consideration? Especially if your livelihood depended on it.

Edited by Charizard
  • Like 2

Nothing to do with Poole Steve, no need to be like that is there? :neutral: I have been the first to criticize when Poole have done wrong, but I am not obsessed with them. I am a Poole supporter but first and foremost I am a speedway supporter. It's starting to seem anything remotely related to Poole quickly stirs hate inside of you and you are fast to treat Poole fans like they are dirt. Come on mate, it doesn't need to be like that does it? What does that say about you?

I am just saying, it doesn't hurt to have some compassion. Imagine for a second that something unforeseen happened and resulted in your life taking a downward turn, I am sure you would want any mitigating circumstances to be taken in to consideration? Especially if your livelihood depended on it.

So, if i had a bad accident because i had been drinking , and failed a breath test i could say well i`m having a bad time recently and expect `mitigating circumstances` to help get me off?? :shock:

So, if i had a bad accident because i had been drinking , and failed a breath test i could say well i`m having a bad time recently and expect `mitigating circumstances` to help get me off?? :shock:

No, certainly not get you off, but yes, they do take mitigating circumstances into sentencing.