British Speedway Forum

Pirates 2014

It's not. He averaging the best part of 8 this season. His last season average is lower than Johnson now! The whole idea of the draft we were told is the position chnaged monthly on current form. Clearly not for Compton whos current form puts him in the top 15.

...but not at the July cut-off point!!!

Personally, from now and until the end of the season. If Poole are on Sky I'd like to see and hear a load of fans congregate round Pearson & Tatum's commentary box with banners and sing load and proud of the displeasure. Getting heard to the masses through TV would be the only way to get a response and wake people up, would it not????

Clearly, this would only work when Poole are away from home :lol:

• Like 2

Personally, from now and until the end of the season. If Poole are on Sky I'd like to see and hear a load of fans congregate round Pearson & Tatum's commentary box with banners and sing load and proud of the displeasure. Getting heard to the masses through TV would be the only way to get a response and wake people up, would it not????

What a good idea!

Fans revolt!!

Or in Poole`s case their tinted fans are revolting!

You may want to check out my alternative suggestion upon this forum.

short termism and self interest are the reasons that what has happened lately has happened,

the very small amount of integrity that british speedway had left following last seasons shananigans has now almost totally disapeared.

the real speedway fans that care about the future of the sport can see its obvious that an independent body is desperately needed , not only to stop teams cheating/bending the rules and making the sport look amateur to neutrals , but to hopefully instill some integrity and professionalism back into the sport here

but promoters dont want that do they

thet still want to have control, so that they have the ability to change / bend the rules /interpret the rules in a way which fits in with there plans

lets hope there arent any more fixed matches before the play offs , as the weather might change again like last season , theres a lot of meetings to fit in before the cut off date !

https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.scbgb.co.uk%2Fpdf%2Fregulations%2FSR%25202014-02.pdf

The rule rule was changed in May this year. This was, I believe, a reaction to Lee Paynes injury at Poole. The rule change was brought in when it was realised that Belle Vue's options for replacement were very limited (2 riders below Payne I think).

• Like 1

https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.scbgb.co.uk%2Fpdf%2Fregulations%2FSR%25202014-02.pdf

The rule rule was changed in May this year. This was, I believe, a reaction to Lee Paynes injury at Poole. The rule change was brought in when it was realised that Belle Vue's options for replacement were very limited (2 riders below Payne I think).

What does the file you have linked to prove? :/

Ow don't tell them that Nick, you've ruined my fun.. But don't expect all these headless warriors to believe you. They live in a world of there own, its called anti anything who's successful.. Including Poole.

The rule you have put up relates only to guest riders.

Read 17.7 - A GUEST RIDER (G) - replaces an absent regular team member subject to the following:

All the other points down to 17.7.11 therefore relate to guests only.

Edit : Amazing how Starry comes back out when he thinks he's right. Sorry lads you've misread the rule - we had previously covered the date of this rule change (relating to guests only!) last Tuesday.

Edited by salty
  • Like 3

The rule you have put up relates only to guest riders.

Read 17.7 - A GUEST RIDER (G) - replaces an absent regular team member subject to the following:

All the other points down to 17.7.11 therefore relate to guests only.

Edit : Amazing how Starry comes back out when he thinks he's right. Sorry lads you've misread the rule - we had previously covered the date of this rule change (relating to guests only!) last Tuesday.

I'm assuming that they've applied the same criteria to replacing a FTD in the team.

• Like 1

I'm assuming that they've applied the same criteria to replacing a FTD in the team.

So the BSPA MC have taken it upon themselves to change a rule that AFAIK the SCB havent changed. And people wonder why some of us think the sport is corrupt.

Why would you assume that? If you look at the various listings of the FTR gradings on the BSPA site the wording regarding guests changed in May (as per the link you've added) The wording regarding replacements (thus the same rules applying to both guests and replacements) was only added on 6th August.

So the BSPA MC have taken it upon themselves to change a rule that AFAIK the SCB havent changed. And people wonder why some of us think the sport is corrupt.

That's how it is though, surely.

The BSPA members make/agree the rules at the AGM where a Management Committee is elected to oversee these rules and is given the right to change these rules in committee meetings (or however they've been given the right to change them). The SCB are only involved when a dispute crops up.

For instance, the MC (well, a member thereof) made the rule-change which allowed Wolves to use JBJ, and then changed it back when Peterborough used the amended rule to sign him later, at which point the rule reverted back to it's original form. The SCB only became involved when Peterborough complained about the situation. There are one or two other examples of MC altered rules.

Unless another promoter complains about this rule-change, the SCB aren't involved.

Edited by Vincent Blackshadow
  • Like 2

Why would you assume that? If you look at the various listings of the FTR gradings on the BSPA site the wording regarding guests changed in May (as per the link you've added) The wording regarding replacements (thus the same rules applying to both guests and replacements) was only added on 6th August.

In much the same way as forum members are making assumptions on this thread. Anyway my concern is not so much the rule but how Benji dropped so many places and I like other poole fans wouldn't mind an explaination as to how the draft is actually compiled.

• Like 2

Ow don't tell them that Nick, you've ruined my fun.. But don't expect all these headless warriors to believe you. They live in a world of there own, its called anti anything who's successful.. Including Poole.

Including Poole fans who see the truth.

Headless as per.

• Like 1

In much the same way as forum members are making assumptions on this thread. Anyway my concern is not so much the rule but how Benji dropped so many places and I like other poole fans wouldn't mind an explaination as to how the draft is actually compiled.

Nobody is making assumptions.

You have linked to a rule that is for Guest Riders. Guest rider is even in capitals and underlined for emphasis! The idea being so that people can't misread it. Clearly they still can.

You're not having any fun Starman, you are once again the subject of ridicule.

• Like 5

Nobody is making assumptions.

You have linked to a rule that is for Guest Riders. Guest rider is even in capitals and underlined for emphasis! The idea being so that people can't misread it. Clearly they still can.

Misreading or using the wrong rule.

As if. Whatever next!