British Speedway Forum

Pirates 2014

one still has to ask why a change of this nature took place at the tail end of the season instead of being carried over to next year so everyone starts on a level playing field.

More to the point, why implement a rule change that only affects one rider. (or two if you are the unfortunate Brendon Johnson).

• Like 2

Brandon Johnson, Lee Smart, Ben Hopwood haven't been.

1 out 4 is a poor nurturing rate.

So much for the draft system then..

Come on Starman, you're giving us Pirates supporters a bad name.

If the rules had changed a month or two ago it wouldn't have been a problem. It's the fact that that the rules were changed so late on in the season, and that Poole had made use of these rules before they were even announced! You must be able to put 2 and 2 together?

Pirate fan, sorry mate, but you need to change your avatar, and make it clear you are a pirate fan.. They were probably changed because the system as it is, is a farce. And as ive said a million times, its not been properly thought out.

They were probably changed because the system as it is, is a farce. And as ive said a million times, its not been properly thought out.

Jeez starry, this rule change doesn't do anything to change the system. All it does and all it will ever do is allow Poole to replace a rider with one who is graded higher.

This change in the rule will not effect any other team or rider.

• Like 1

Pirate fan, sorry mate, but you need to change your avatar, and make it clear you are a pirate fan.. They were probably changed because the system as it is, is a farce. And as ive said a million times, its not been properly thought out.

Can you give an explanation as to how Compton slipped 5 places to 25, amazingly 1 below the cut off?

• Like 2

Come on Starman, you're giving us Pirates supporters a bad name.

If the rules had changed a month or two ago it wouldn't have been a problem. It's the fact that that the rules were changed so late on in the season, and that Poole had made use of these rules before they were even announced! You must be able to put 2 and 2 together?

He doesnt get it mate your wasting your breath

Can you give an explanation as to how Compton slipped 5 places to 25, amazingly 1 below the cut off?

Can you answer what foreverblue has said?

Jeez starry, this rule change doesn't do anything to change the system. All it does and all it will ever do is allow Poole to replace a rider with one who is graded higher.

This change in the rule will not effect any other team or rider.

I answered a question, what do you want me to say?

Just for the benefit of the one Poole fan who doesnt get it.

Compton has fallen 10 places in the draft

Poole announce they are replacing Johnson with Compton

The rule clearly states 'guests only' therefore Compton canrt come in.

AFTER the announcement the ruling is changed.

Poole brought Compton in before the ruling was updated.

Therefore only Poole knew they could do this.

Why was a rule changed 3 quarters through the season?

What club has benefitted from the ruling change?

If you cant see why fans are upset about this , includng Poole fans, then quite clearly you dont know a lot about our sport.

Starman you are becoming a laughing stock and an embarrassment to your own fans

• Like 9

I answered a question, what do you want me to say?

I pointed out that your answer was wrong.

In your opinion you said that the rule was changed because the (FTR) system is a farce. I just pointed out, quite correctly, that this rule change doesn't in any shape or form change the FTR system, it simply enables one team to introduce one rider which they couldn't have done under the previous rules. No other team or rider will be affected by this rule change.

So what you should say is...."Thanks Salty, I didn't really understand it before but now I do"

The draft system is flawed and has been.

Amend it next season NOT this.

It wasn't done to help Swindon, but it was changed to help Poole. That stinks.

• Like 2

I like having a fast track system but think it should actually be for the young riders (so say only those aged 23 and below) I guess in year one they opened it up wider. In terms of rule changes during the season, this Compton saga is by no means the first or the last I am sure. Whilst the pesky pirates seem to often end on the right side of them there are instances which went against them (such as the change of play off rules) in my view its reforming the authorities and actually having straight forward regulations with no flexibility which is important. Also hope they look at what happened to my Brummies and learn from it as a league. Its not good being a fan.with no club!!

I said young Brits not a young Brit. Even with Kyle you have dropped him in the past. It's a good job Howarth seen the light, he's getting a decent chance now.

Most Brits, given the option, would avoid Poole like the plague. They wont get given a fair chance and disposed of at the earliest opportunity. Howarth and Newman certainly know about that.

They dont get that Morris has fiddled it for it to happen.

Can you answer what foreverblue has said?

Do you have selective viewing?

You know that Phil Morris was responsible for doing the draft and regrading each month.

There is no explainable reason as to why Compton can fall 10 places (5 from last month) when his NL form has been solid and certainly NOT backwards.

Either Morris has changed it (that makes him corrupt) or the BSPA have forced the change (makes them corrupt) or quite possibly because Poole have wanted Compton since April have suggested a change in the rule/grading to allow this to happen (making them as corrupt) Or all three parties have made this happen. Either way, there is NO explainable reason as to why he has dropped so far down the list. None that any sensible and reasonable fan (including Poole ones) would believe hasnt been manufactured to happen.

Perhaps it. was done to help benji get a team place!

Quite clearly it was because it has worked.

Interestingly no one wanted him that high on the list....................................... just Poole.

If he really needed a team place then perhaps the BSPA could have helped out Swindon who were much more deserving at the time??

Compton has had 9 years in the lowest level of the sport - lads like Johnson and Hopwood are more deserving.

Edited by stevebrum
  • Like 1

I am for one that thinks that the Fast Track system should not be based surrounding age. However I do believe that for a rider to be entered in to the draft, he should have less than 5 years experience riding Speedway. The system was put in place to develop talent, so why should a rider who has as SteveBrum correctly puts 9 years of experience. If he hasn't developed past NL its highly unlikely that he will develop from a few rides against other riders in the draft. That's why I commend Leicester for having the youngest pair in the league, surely that's what the draft is about even if it is at the expense of winning meetings.

How can a sport that amends rules willy nilly be taken seriously, what's the point of an agm apart from a big piss up, speedway is the simplest of sports with the most complicated and convoluted rules going, the credibilty of our sport is lower than whale dung, was obvious from day one that the FTR rules would be broken/fiddled/amended, :mad:

• Like 1

Who cares about Benji Compton anyway. He ain't going to do a lot.

I'd much rather have a young lad like Nathan Greaves giving his all and steadily improving that keep chopping and cganging just to try and shoe horn an extra point in at reserve.