British Speedway Forum

Pirates 2014

I did question why the guest rule should be different from replacing a rider rule. There is absolutely no need for any of this, benji may be marginally better than hopwood or johnson but he isnt going to score much more than hopwood or johnson on his own merit.Matt Ford will get no credit from me for this move even if it is within the amended new rules. Benji may score a couple of points tonight but when if we meet kings lynn in the play offs lewis rose is far better and he will score zero

Dress it how you want. Compton IS better and IS higher up the draft list.

If none are any better than the other why not just stick with one of them and give them opportunity to learn from good riders and good team?

Cast minds back to march, Lee Smart blah, blah, blah, Ford's up to something etc, etc, etc. This one has been a slow burner. Blue touchpaper lit.

Even the most committed Poole supporter most be thinking 'here we go again'.

Sadly the same blinkered few wont see the fuss.

Sad.

It matters not if he scored 2 or 15 . the bottom line is Poole have yet again cheated and bent the rules to bring him in .

:t:

And the Speedway Control Bureau about as much use as a chocolate teapot.

Why the SCB? This is a simple team change that can be ratified by the MC (or member thereof). Surely the SCB only come into the equation if there's a dispute. And we all know who's on the MC.

Although, of course, you're comment applies to them as well where certain teams are concerned.

Sadly the same blinkered few wont see the fuss.

Sad.

:t:

What fuss? nothing wrong with what we've done. Its been done within the rules..

Why the SCB? This is a simple team change that can be ratified by the MC (or member thereof). Surely the SCB only come into the equation if there's a dispute. And we all know who's on the MC.

Although, of course, you're comment applies to them as well where certain teams are concerned.

If they deign to make a statement - which they probably won't - you know exactly what it will contain.

The FTR is a great initiative which is enabling 18 young British riders gain valuable experience. However, like all new initiatives there is sometimes the need to do some fine tuning. A number of promoters had expressed concern how the grading system caused some difficulty when attempting to find replacement riders (cue random quote from Rosco when he was struggling to find cover for Darryl Ritchings and Dan Greenwood earlier in the season).

Consequently, the rule was relaxed for riders graded below 24 earlier in the season. Unfortunately, the new wording of the rule could have led some to misunderstand how it was to be applied, but this has now been altered.

Regarding the individual rider in this case, he has suffered an injury which has affected his form and the Fast Track Co-ordinator, who has done a fantastic job, felt his new grading reflected his current status as he recovers his form following that injury.

Everything is rosy. FTR is great. We are doing a brilliant job. I can see smoke and flames but pass me my fiddle.

• Like 4

SCB Members; T Gillias (Chairman); A Harkess; D Staff, G Thompson & C Van Straaten

SCB Manager; G Reeve

I am sure everyone will know at least 2 of the members.

And your point is?

Of course it's got something to do with him & that guest team manager slot seemed to have served it's purpose.

He should be sacked.

Oh right, its Phil Morris's fault now.. You couldn't make it up, what depths you lot will go to..

Not really sure what all pooles fuss is about after watching Benji.

He would have scored 0 tonight if not for riders in his heats falling or rtd.

We're not the one's complaining..

I do agree it is shocking what has happened again with Poole and the rules.

However think they are no better off and won't be whilst they keep sacking fast track riders instead of supporting and nurturing them like other clubs are.

Matts in the business of getting results, its business, not personal. Shame a few other promotions can't see the light, they might even challenge us. As ive said in the past, while other promotions are kipping, Matt is working.. Hence Milick, he was also up for grabs, but nobody came in for him, so Matt said thank you. He was there for all to see in the GP Challenge.

And your point is?

Oh right, its Phil Morris's fault now.. You couldn't make it up, what depths you lot will go to..

Matts in the business of getting results, its business, not personal. Shame a few other promotions can't see the light, they might even challenge us. As ive said in the past, while other promotions are kipping, Matt is working.. Hence Milick, he was also up for grabs, but nobody came in for him, so Matt said thank you. He was there for all to see in the GP Challenge.

You are so blinkered it's unbelievable. It was against the rules you must surely see that? Poole are not the best side this season so I think teams are challenging you especially teams that actually give young Brits a chance like Kings Lynn and Coventry. It pays to help and nurture young Brits too you know!

• Like 6

And your point is?

I'm sure last time I looked teams were challenging you. Didn't Coventry & Kings Lynn beat you home & away

• Like 2

You are so blinkered it's unbelievable. It was against the rules you must surely see that? Poole are not the best side this season so I think teams are challenging you especially teams that actually give young Brits a chance like Kings Lynn and Coventry. It pays to help and nurture young Brits too you know!

Blinkered fans in any sport are always the least knowledagble and are best just ignored. Nothing they say can be taken seriously and they cant contribute to a proper debate.

• Like 9

For fifty years I've followed this sport, Been waiting 48 yrs. to win the big one. We've had some crap teams, we.ve had some good ones, but always miss out in the end. Thought this year was different. A brilliant team assembled with the restraints of the tight limits. We start the season off well . Our team are doing well and can only get better. We know other teams will mount a challenge, Come the play-off there will be strong teams contesting for honours, after all its the play-off that really count. What's been so good this year is that there had been no skull doggery, rule bending , and underhandedness. and no cheating. Winning this year would have meant something.

After what has happened this week, it doesn't bother me if we win or not. Its not important anymore. The integrity of the whole season has been lost, by the underhanded way the power at be can change rules to suite. It belittles everything that has happened this year. The MC, The BSPA and the ACU are suppose to be genuine and astute people there for the good of the sport, But they must be blind not to see the damage these issues do.

I have just had a n e-mail from a mate, good bloke who has supported the sport solidly for 40 years through good and bad, done more for the sport than simply paying at the turnstiles,now says he has had enough and is finished. Gone. I am shocked because he has been so loyal I thought he would be around until they carry him out feet first.

Whatever the rights and wrongs of this issue, the sport simply cannot afford to lose core support like that.

• Like 3

I know I'm a hypocrite because I do it but stop getting wound up by starmans posts. He just repeats a few phrases he has heard others saying.

As for others keeping up, last 9 seasons, Poole 3 titles. Coventry 3 titles. We're keeping up quite nicely :D

Ah yes, the rules which were conveniently altered mid season.

As for the Milik argument, almost every other team had their second strings sorted so who would have signed him? No doubt any other team would have been quoted 5 of they asked about his average. Any rider with SWC, GP challenge and U21 experience should be on a minimum of 5 anyway, but because Lord Ford asked of course he was a four :rolleyes:

Edited by Gordon Bennett
  • Like 4

well i know a few fans up n down the country and i can tell you they aint happy

most of them have now become even m ore disillusioned with the sport and some have decided enough is enough

why do we put up with this crap? its not a level playing field , it seems ford decides what he wants and the authorites bend over backwards to help him out time and time again

why change the rules after poole made changes? why has compton dropped ten places , when ashley morris another riders out injured (longer than compton ) has hardly moved at all one place if anything!

phil morris guest manager for poole, oh and phil just happens to work out the draft listing this stinks of corruption

neil machin did an interview for bikerfm a few months ago abd in it he said ''with this new draft system just wait till they change the rules to get the rider they want''

• Like 3

It wasn't, the rules were altered for the change to happen so not done within the rules.

It seemed like it was done outside of the rules,then the rules amended to suit.

We are wasting our time. Starman2006 is one of the blinkered few that just cant or wont see any wrong doin.

Because it is a rule change and the SCB have sole responsibility to initiate and enforce rule changes. Once the rules are changed the MC have no alternative but to allow the revised line up.

The issue is how the rules came to be changed with only a few weeks left in the season with most teams having completed most of their fixtures and in a way that is advantageous to one team and prejudicial to others who might have benefitted under the new rule if it had been in force throughout the season. Ultimately it is about a Control Bureau that is not in proper control and structural inefficiency in the way the sport is governed.

• Like 2