British Speedway Forum

Pirates 2014

As a Poole fan I am often the first to criticize Matt Ford, however on this occasion it does seem there is more to it than we can see.

I don't believe for a second this rule change is purely as a result of Matt Ford wishing to change his fast track rider. There must be more to it than that.

I feel sorry for my fellow Poole supporters as there is nothing quite as crushing to a loyal supporter than knowing that if we win the league this year everybody will say we didn't deserve it. :cry:

Edited by Charizard
  • Like 1

That's even worse than breaking the rule in the first place. I'm not sure if Dan Greenwood was below the 24 at the time but if he was Swindon didn't have the option earlier in the season!

Greenwood was ranked 30.

And there was nothing about the 'ranked below 24' rule mentioned. Surprise surprise.

I'm looking forward to the changes next month! I reckon there will be something about King's Lynn not being allowed to use both Lewis Rose and Lewis Kerr in the play-offs.

• Like 2

Just checked and they amended the notes on the latest GSA regarding the FTD riders!!!

http://www.speedwaygb.co/14issues/el14_issue24.pdf

It's brilliant, you literally can re-write the rules once you've broken them so that you've no longer broken them!!

Bwahahahahahahahaha! No doubt someone will try telling us the sport is not corrupt.

As a Poole fan I am often the first to criticize Matt Ford, however on this occasion it does seem there is more to it than we can see.

I don't believe for a second this rule change is purely as a result of Matt Ford wishing to change his fast track rider. There must be more to it than that.

I feel sorry for my fellow Poole supporters as there is nothing quite as crushing to a loyal supporter than knowing that if we win the league this year everybody will say we didn't deserve it. :cry:

C'mon which team has this benefited again.I'll give you a clue it's not B.Vue,Coventry,Eastbourne,K.Lynn,Lakeside,Leicester,Swindon or Wolves that leaves one team.I'll let you guess,if you don't get it tonight I will post the answer tomorrow.
  • Like 4

C'mon which team has this benefited again.I'll give you a clue it's not B.Vue,Coventry,Eastbourne,K.Lynn,Lakeside,Leicester,Swindon or Wolves that leaves one team.I'll let you guess,if you don't get it tonight I will post the answer tomorrow.

But why? That is my question.

We had a good team. It was capable of taking on King's Lynn. Matt Ford is an intelligent man, he would of known it would cause this uproar.

Excuse me if I'm wrong, but team's do not get a reward for winning is that correct? They only get the extra money at the gate for being a part of the final? We would of made it to the final without Benji. It just doesn't make any sense.

Matt wanted Benji.

He couldn't get him originally.

He thought he'd got him at the end of April, but he missed out due to injury and subsequently through Benji's rating being too high.

So amazingly Benji's grading dropped from 15 to 25.

Middlo complained that "with the fast track system this year you can't strengthen up. When you get another rider, you have to go down the draft list." This was two weeks ago, so presumably at that time he knew that Compton was out of their reach.

So amazingly we now see a rule re-worded the day after the change has been announced.

So Matt got Benji.

Clearly other members of the BSPA and the Fast Track Co-ordinator have acquiesced in this happening/being allowed to happen. We can only speculate why they would do so.

• Like 4

Darth Ford strikes again..... used to love my speedway but now i have no enthusiasm at all for it... and speedway has been in my blood for 43 years...since i was two...

Complete & utter disgrace. Don't know how Poole supporters sleep at night (i know it's not your fault) knowing how corrupt your club is..

Why is it that Poole, every year, something rears its ugly head and no-one else is involved...

shocking.. it's not needed so why do they stoop so low...

• Like 4

Other supporters may think it's great to win all the time, but it's not when every other supporter feels you did not deserve it. It's horrible and ruins the speedway experience. So come on BSPA, statement time.

I think you might be waiting for a long time.

Just another example that Fast Track reserves were used to save the EL under the pretence of bringing their careers on.

People were always going to manipulate and take adavantage, and we all knew who was most likely..... One rule for one and all that carry on!!

It appears only 1 person is going to manipulate and take advantage and, yes, they usually do.

The rest of the clubs have played by the spirit of the rule and system.

It is ALWAYS the same club.

Just checked and they amended the notes on the latest GSA regarding the FTD riders!!!

http://www.speedwaygb.co/14issues/el14_issue24.pdf

It's brilliant, you literally can re-write the rules once you've broken them so that you've no longer broken them!!

We knew it was coming. No explanations as to why it was `suddenly` allowed when other clubs asked for assistance and were refused.

Only one club has had the ruling changed.

Shameful and corrupt.

Matt wanted Benji.

He couldn't get him originally.

He thought he'd got him at the end of April, but he missed out due to injury and subsequently through Benji's rating being too high.

So amazingly Benji's grading dropped from 15 to 25.

Middlo complained that "with the fast track system this year you can't strengthen up. When you get another rider, you have to go down the draft list." This was two weeks ago, so presumably at that time he knew that Compton was out of their reach.

So amazingly we now see a rule re-worded the day after the change has been announced.

So Matt got Benji.

Clearly other members of the BSPA and the Fast Track Co-ordinator have acquiesced in this happening/being allowed to happen. We can only speculate why they would do so.

Yet again Poole and MF get away with what they want.

It is no wonder MF and Poole are the most hated club and are known for bending/changing/ignoring/cancelling to suit.

• Like 2

I don't care what teams make changes. The owners of speedway and the boards make the rules.

Just looking through I see the same faces are making their thoughts and wishes made. Fine, everyone is entitled to their thoughts.

However, they must know what they say and think mean nothing.

If anyone does not like what happens then they must stand for office.

This may sound harsh but I think this is the only way they could change anything.

A very small percentage of speedway supporters read this forum let alone write on it.

Yes have your say but don't think you will change things to your wants.

But why? That is my question.

We had a good team. It was capable of taking on King's Lynn. Matt Ford is an intelligent man, he would of known it would cause this uproar.

Excuse me if I'm wrong, but team's do not get a reward for winning is that correct? They only get the extra money at the gate for being a part of the final? We would of made it to the final without Benji. It just doesn't make any sense.

Poole would have got to the final with Johnson or Hopwood (or Smart for that matter) at seven but Compton's extra experience could be massive. He has been a reasonable PL reserve on the past and is of course a former Lynn rider. Its not beyond the realms of possibility that he could score three more points than his predecessor across six rides in two legs of a Play Off tie and that's a six point swing, could make a massive difference.

• Like 1

It appears only 1 person is going to manipulate and take advantage and, yes, they usually do.

The rest of the clubs have played by the spirit of the rule and system.

It is ALWAYS the same club.

We knew it was coming. No explanations as to why it was `suddenly` allowed when other clubs asked for assistance and were refused.

Only one club has had the ruling changed.

Shameful and corrupt.

Yet again Poole and MF get away with what they want.

It is no wonder MF and Poole are the most hated club and are known for bending/changing/ignoring/cancelling to suit.

You have got to give it to Ford, he always manages to 'sway' people...ahem!!!!...alledgedly!

Edited by Speedwaycrazy

I did question why the guest rule should be different from replacing a rider rule. There is absolutely no need for any of this, benji may be marginally better than hopwood or johnson but he isnt going to score much more than hopwood or johnson on his own merit.Matt Ford will get no credit from me for this move even if it is within the amended new rules. Benji may score a couple of points tonight but when if we meet kings lynn in the play offs lewis rose is far better and he will score zero

• Like 1

I did question why the guest rule should be different from replacing a rider rule. There is absolutely no need for any of this, benji may be marginally better than hopwood or johnson but he isnt going to score much more than hopwood or johnson on his own merit.Matt Ford will get no credit from me for this move even if it is within the amended new rules. Benji may score a couple of points tonight but when if we meet kings lynn in the play offs lewis rose is far better and he will score zero

That's the stupid thing though as Poole would probably win the league without this & would've for once got credit for their team.

Another sad day for this sport & Phil Morris is a disgrace & corrupt.

• Like 1

That's the stupid thing though as Poole would probably win the league without this & would've for once got credit for their team.

Another sad day for this sport & Phil Morris is a disgrace & corrupt.

I too, got that one wrong, me thinking he was a genuine person, who wanted what was best for the sport. But he's no better than the rest, probably even worse......

Being in charge of the FTR's He was in a position that could have manufactured a new beginning of the Elite league. Young riders put their development in his hands. But fiddling the list to suit certain people, has shown the world what an untrustworthy person he really is. Whatever he decides to do from now on, his character will forever be tarnished.

I hope it was worth it. Sure was a sad day for Speedway............

• Like 3

I too, got that one wrong, me thinking he was a genuine person, who wanted what was best for the sport. But he's no better than the rest, probably even worse......

Being in charge of the FTR's He was in a position that could have manufactured a new beginning of the Elite league. Young riders put their development in his hands. But fiddling the list to suit certain people, has shown the world what an untrustworthy person he really is. Whatever he decides to do from now on, his character will forever be tarnished.

I hope it was worth it. Sure was a sad day for Speedway............

I have a feeling he would be more than compensated & his guest appearances as team manager proved that.

He should've been told he couldn't accept that role but he's just as much as being in it for himself.

Shame he can't come on here & lie his way round it.

Poole would have got to the final with Johnson or Hopwood (or Smart for that matter) at seven

Poole will get through because Sky want them there, and the one who pays the piper call the tune. We saw last year that Sky wanted them in the play-offs and Sky got them in the Play-offs seconds before the track became unsafe to race on.

As we saw on Monday at the Wolves meeting Darcy is box office, His presence adds interest to any meeting. it will increase viewer interest more than any other rider. including the World Champion.. Better viewing figures =more advertising revenue.

You can see Sky's point of view. Good for Sky ,not so good for speedway but its the world we live in.