British Speedway Forum

Pirates 2014

Something is for sure Compton wont be the difference between winning and losing the league

Why ? he could score 2 or 3 points more than Johnson that's a like a six point swing. it could make a massive difference in a tight play off match

• Like 2

Well the way I read it like most on here is that the rule being suggested is only for guests only.In actual fact I think that is the only way you can read it.Only a few are suggesting different,i wonder where they are from ;)

But you have a valid point on how he has gone from 20th to 25th on the list moving below the likes of Hopwood,Greaves,Mallett and Webster makes no sense.Can't say because of the injury or else Ashley Morris would have a much lower position than 10th because he has been sidelined for a while as well.

That's the problem you get from grading riders because there's no actual measure of ability between them and consistency, other than someone's opinion!

I can understand why Compton is where he is in the listing as his NL average is worse than Johnson and Hopwood. Do think its a gamble and I don't think he will do any better than the previous two, in terms of the fast track system overall I like it but maybe restrict it to 1 berth next season. Certainly Kerr, Rose, Steve Worrall, blackbird, garrity and Newman are 6 real improves in my eyes.

I can understand why Compton is where he is in the listing as his NL average is worse than Johnson and Hopwood. Do think its a gamble and I don't think he will do any better than the previous two, in terms of the fast track system overall I like it but maybe restrict it to 1 berth next season. Certainly Kerr, Rose, Steve Worrall, blackbird, garrity and Newman are 6 real improves in my eyes.

The only real improver in my eyes is Worrall from last season and Blackbird. If you think the fast track system has bought riders on you are mistaken. Everyone knew Garrity Newman and Kerr were far to good to be included and they are only beating the riders you would expect them to

Something is for sure Compton wont be the difference between winning and losing the league

of course he could be Hopwood and Johnson scored nothing most weeks. If compton gets 3 its a 6 point swing!

Lets look at the other elite league clubs threads and see how many others include comments about underhand tactics. I will tell you the answer NONE.

Same old same old with Poole its so boring now. If at first we dont succeed we cheat.

Matt Ford well dont get me started on that man ruining the sport

Middlo the twitter clown doesnt help

That's only because Compton has been out injured so he hasn't got a new average this season yet, whereas Johnson & Hopwood have.

There has to be an explanation. If Matt Ford has done wrong why isn't he being held accountable? It's all well and good going on and on about how Matt Ford, the pantomime villain of speedway, is a horrendous cheat, but if no action is taken then how can anybody say he has done wrong?

I am fed up with Poole's efforts being rubbished every single season because somebody wants to throw an allegation our way. If Matt Ford has broken a rule then the BSPA need to come to the stand and publicly reprimand him NOW, as it isn't fair on Poole fans. Funnily enough, we don't all sit in our arm chairs rubbing our hands together whilst we plot the next big scam, it completely undermines our whole season.

It's simple really,

Either Matt Ford has acted within the rules, and a BSPA statement must explain how that is the case

or

Matt Ford has broken the rules, and the Pirates should be penalized and a BSPA statement must explain that also.

Other supporters may think it's great to win all the time, but it's not when every other supporter feels you did not deserve it. It's horrible and ruins the speedway experience. So come on BSPA, statement time.

Edited by Settings

Compton got paid 8 from 4 rides riding for Swindon against Poole earlier this season. Now back to fitness after his hand injury he has far more potential to score points than the other riders the Pirates have tried in their 2nd FTR slot.

No reason at all why he should have slumped 10 places on the list. Even then it shouldn't matter because he is still 2 places above Johnston and the rule about riders graded below 24 only applies to guest bookings.

Yet again the Pirates have got their way and the "you scratch my back I'll scratch yours" mentality of the cartel of promoters mean that nobody has the cojones to stand up to them.

Edit: to reply to Charizard. I'll be amazed if there is any further communication from anyone. Nobody seemes willing to rock the boat at the promoters top table.

Regarding the constant accusations of rule bending, well you reap what you sow. The sad fact is that whenever there is a new rule many of us sit back and wait to see how Poole can exploit it. The FTR suited them with Newman's inclusion, somewhat controversially given his PL average and experience. Not content with having one of the top FT riders, they have now managed to get their way with their second choice.

Edited by salty
  • Like 3

Compton got paid 8 from 4 rides riding for Swindon against Poole earlier this season. Now back to fitness after his hand injury he has far more potential to score points than the other riders the Pirates have tried in their 2nd FTR slot.

No reason at all why he should have slumped 10 places on the list. Even then it shouldn't matter because he is still 2 places above Johnston and the rule about riders graded below 24 only applies to guest bookings.

Yet again the Pirates have got their way and the "you scratch my back I'll scratch yours" mentality of the cartel of promoters mean that nobody has the cojones to stand up to them.

Rubbish. What on earth could Matt be bringing to the table that is good enough for all other promoters to give their blessing to his cheating?

Like I said, it's explanation time from the BSPA. Something doesn't add up.

Come on. Do you seriously think that the promoters haven't got their wee "special relationships" for the perceived common good? Look at the postponement of the Lakeside meeting last year, the Belle Vue farce to get them into the play-offs. How many teams have Poole assets riding for them?

Come on. Do you seriously think that the promoters haven't got their wee "special relationships" for the perceived common good? Look at the postponement of the Lakeside meeting last year, the Belle Vue farce to get them into the play-offs. How many teams have Poole assets riding for them?

And that's worth damaging the integrity of the entire sport?

And that's worth damaging the integrity of the entire sport?

I think it was Middlo who was quoted during their bad spell last summer as saying "winning means everything".

As others say the integrity of the sport is long shot to bits, and even sadder, most don't even care anymore, or even cared in the first place. Poole will get a good crowd tonight with the vast majority totally unaware and uncaring about the make up of the Pirates 1-7.