British Speedway Forum

Pirates 2014

would sign matt williamson i think. poole dont really have many options though.

Poole will experiment from now on until the play-offs to find the perfect rider, expect Matt to run through 7/8 riders before finding the right one.

The BSPA have told Brady Kurtz that if he becomes British then he will be in the FTD from next year, Matt is trying to speed that up and get him in now.

Edited by Jepsen Jensen Racing

Poole will experiment from now on until the play-offs to find the perfect rider, expect Matt to run through 7/8 riders before finding the right one.

7/8 riders are not available, and not having checked if any of those available already ride, there is not a great deal to experiment with.

Edited by A ORLOV

The BSPA have told Brady Kurtz that if he becomes British then he will be in the FTD from next year, Matt is trying to speed that up and get him in now.

He is Australian through and through and is part of there future, why would he do it no real logic to it.
  • Like 1

Where do you get all this from?

You've told some porkies on here, but that has to be the most outrageous one to date.

Edited by salty
  • Like 4

As I said it's Benji

http://www.poolepirates.co/news/0806_poole-v-swindon-preview.html

Riders with a grading below 24 may be replaced by any Rider who has a grading below 24 regardless of the actual grade

This rule obviously means for signing's as well as guests. The BSPA site should make it clearer.

Edited by Superstar1
  • Like 1

17.4.2 A Teams combined MA for the top 5 positions must not exceed 32.00 points nor include more than 2 x “A” grade Riders or 2 Doubling -Up Riders (satisfying the same conditions as for the initial Team Declaration) when re-declared, either permanently or temporarily, except where the MA of the introduced Rider is equal to, or lower than the Rider being replaced. Similarly only Riders with the same or lower FTDP Grading may be re-declared for the 6th or 7th positions.

Where does it mention this 24th or less bit in the declarations bit of the rules? What a joke! Matt and Middlo fiddling again!

Good job it doesnt really matter as he's a naff as all the others Poole have used this season.

Edited by SCB

As I said it's Benji

http://www.poolepirates.co/news/0806_poole-v-swindon-preview.html

Riders with a grading below 24 may be replaced by any Rider who has a grading below 24 regardless of the actual grade

This rule obviously means for signing's as well as guests. The BSPA site should make it clearer.

On the contrary, I would say it clearly means it is for solely for guests and not team changes.

It is worded - "If a FT guest is needed then the Guest replacement will be selected as follows:

Riders with a grading of 24 or above may only be replaced by a rider with a lower grading.

Riders with a grading below 24 maybe replaced by any Rider with a grading below 24 regardless of the

actual grade."

I don't see how it could possibly be interpreted as anything else and if that's the case then Compton cannot replace Johnson in the Pirates 1-7.

• Like 1

Where does it mention this 24th or less bit in the declarations bit of the rules? What a joke! Matt and Middlo fiddling again!

Good job it doesnt really matter as he's a naff as all the others Poole have used this season.

SCB, why don't you consentrate on your own club, rather than slating ours and what our Management do at every given opportunity. people moan about what Steve and me sometimes put up, but you are running a very close 3rd. Clearly you are bored with your own club. But i supose thats not suprising..

Poole have done no wrong with this latest team change. Has been clarified that riders below 24th can replace one another. This role only appeared from 'ISSUE 10' of the greensheets.

The only issue I have is that Benji Compton has gone from 20th to 25th on the grade list in 1 month. That does seem suspect.

Poole have done no wrong with this latest team change. Has been clarified that riders below 24th can replace one another. This role only appeared from 'ISSUE 10' of the greensheets.

The only issue I have is that Benji Compton has gone from 20th to 25th on the grade list in 1 month. That does seem suspect.

Clarified where?

There are a set of rules that are documented and clear. So it's now acceptable to make up new ones as the season progressed? Very convenient that.

The rule as written on the latest Green sheets is quite clear by use of the colon after "from riders as follows:" that it applies to guests and not team declarations, I don't see how it can be interpreted any other way.

Either the rule is written incorrectly or the interpretation of it is wrong.

Would be interested how you can be so sure that this has "been clarified"?