British Speedway Forum

Pirates 2014

Yeah right!!!!!! He is hardly going to say now that Darcy may not be riding is he??

As much of a worry will be whether any of the riders on either side have pressure put on by their Polish clubs not to ride, as its a Saturday!!!??

Didn't realise Lakeside had any flakey poles in their side......Who are they???Davey Wattski or Lewis Bridgerski or Mikkel Beckski ??

As it's only likely to be the polish riders under pressure not to ride!!!!

Didn't realise Lakeside had any flakey poles in their side......Who are they???Davey Wattski or Lewis Bridgerski or Mikkel Beckski ??

As it's only likely to be the polish riders under pressure not to ride!!!!

It's not just Poles - there seems to be pressure on all squad riders to be available on Saturdays for practise and then they get the nod for Sunday or go home without riding in the meeting. It's like they need to prove themselves before they are considered in the team!

• Like 1

I would make the THJ for Milk swap when the Slovakian lad gets his new average, no disrespect to him but I fear that he might be another Mrockza who could let us down in the play-off's.

THJ is proven in the play-off's and is statistically, the most successful rider in the Elite League as he takes the shortest amount of matches on average to win a league medal.

Just banged in a 15 point max tonight in Sweden; Matt needs to be ruthless but more importantly, be a winner like he is.

will be interesting to see if Janowski rides at Lakeside or will some fake injury appear, or an unscheduled trip to Poland

Janowskis form must be a worry as he has fallen down the order in Poland and wouldnt be in their world cup squad at the moment. Hampel, KK , Miedzinski, Both Pawlickis Dudek and Gollob would all be ahead of him

• Like 1

will be interesting to see if Janowski rides at Lakeside or will some fake injury appear, or an unscheduled trip to Poland

Janowskis form must be a worry as he has fallen down the order in Poland and wouldnt be in their world cup squad at the moment. Hampel, KK , Miedzinski, Both Pawlickis Dudek and Gollob would all be ahead of him

Yet still the reserve for the Polish Pairs team - shocking form that!!!

Where is freddie now, riders look after themselves, Holder or Ward wouldnt ride for any other team in england but that doesnt mean they dont look after themselves first.

When was the last time a Poole rider served there team loyally for ten consecutive seasons in the modern era?

Freddie like any rider `look after themselves first` however still stayed loyal to his parent club in all that time.

Both Holder and Ward would rider in the EL for other teams if it suited them - so would Freddie, using your own definition.

• Like 1

I doubt it tbh steve. Chris and Darcy would never ride for any other British club and the same goes for Fast Freddie in my opinion

If they had decided against the EL and wanted more meetings of course they would.

Does anyone really believe Hancock actually agreed to help Poole out to suit them?? There was no way Greg would have ridden in the EL unless it suited him and he was actually looking for more meetings.

Darcy, Chris and Freddie would prefer there parents club but it wouldn't surprise me if they re-appeared elsewhere if it really suited them.

Yet still the reserve for the Polish Pairs team - shocking form that!!!

fine if you think his form his good then so be it. personally he is to inconsistent.

Dont know how you can go by the pairs meeting as Watt rode for Australia and not Batchelor. All about who is available. And in my opinion Magic is not as good as either Pawlicki

fine if you think his form his good then so be it. personally he is to inconsistent.

Dont know how you can go by the pairs meeting as Watt rode for Australia and not Batchelor. All about who is available. And in my opinion Magic is not as good as either Pawlicki

Think you are wrong on ability but correct on being inconsistent. Was last year and this year and would not be my top choice for any meeting.

Think you are wrong on ability but correct on being inconsistent. Was last year and this year and would not be my top choice for any meeting.

i just think he could be Pooles achilles heel thats all. Not great on many away tracks and that is something he needs to address.

think he hasnt really gone on from his under 21 win. The riders in the field that year included both Pawlickis, Dudek, Ward who to be honest i would all class as better riders.

2 others in the field that day were Vaculik (made the gp's, euro champion) and MJJ (has won a gp). Could be argued that they have progressed more as well.

Then 3 others that year were Bech and Michelsen and Milik who could all improve past Janowski and maybe Bech already has.

Many Poole people will take this as an anti poole rant but im just pointing out if there is a weakness its either Magic or the number 7 position

i just think he could be Pooles achilles heel thats all. Not great on many away tracks and that is something he needs to address.

think he hasnt really gone on from his under 21 win. The riders in the field that year included both Pawlickis, Dudek, Ward who to be honest i would all class as better riders.

2 others in the field that day were Vaculik (made the gp's, euro champion) and MJJ (has won a gp). Could be argued that they have progressed more as well.

Then 3 others that year were Bech and Michelsen and Milik who could all improve past Janowski and maybe Bech already has.

Many Poole people will take this as an anti poole rant but im just pointing out if there is a weakness its either Magic or the number 7 position

The lack of replies points to one of two things.

1) Gavan has managed to put forward a point on a Poole thread that is well made and backedup with a logical series of facts.

2) Everyone has Gavan on ignore!

Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv
  • Like 2

I don't see what all the fuss is about personally.....Smart wasn't producing and is hardly a youngster so had to go really. Hopwood has been given a month to prove his worth which is fair enough.

People bleating when Poole have done nothing wrong weakens the argument when they have fiddled!

Agree. That said, if they had communicated honestly the decision at the time it was made, 75% of the comments wouldn't have been made and only the habitual anti poole brigade would have had anything to ssy about it.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...