British Speedway Forum

Pirates 2014

its the win at all costs attitude thats at fault , and a particular team that will never be happy until it can include a 1-7 of heat leaders

That is the biggest load of b******S I have ever read on this forum...............

RP

• Like 2

its the win at all costs attitude thats at fault , and a particular team that will never be happy until it can include a 1-7 of heat leaders

Sport is about winning, there is no prize for second place. Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser.

I don't see what all the fuss is about personally.....Smart wasn't producing and is hardly a youngster so had to go really. Hopwood has been given a month to prove his worth which is fair enough.

People bleating when Poole have done nothing wrong weakens the argument when they have fiddled!

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 2

I don't see what all the fuss is about personally.....Smart wasn't producing and is hardly a youngster so had to go really. Hopwood has been given a month to prove his worth which is fair enough.

People bleating when Poole have done nothing wrong weakens the argument when they have fiddled!

Nice one Baggy,when i saw Gordon Bennett i thought it KKS latest user name :D

• Like 1

Here's the rub, whether you like to read this or not.

Poole are run to win. Simple as that. We are a winning club and the promotion and fans demand 100% all the way. No easy rides, no "my place is safe for the season". Riders who wear the skull and crossbones know they must be at 100% or their place in the team is at risk. Matt wants to give the fans the best, the sponsors demand the best and Poole are probably the only team in the country who treat the sport the same as they do in Poland. With pressure on the riders to perform every time.

Matt Ford has given our new rider a month to prove himself. The rider knows he has to perform and give 100% or his place will be given to another rider. That doesn't mean he has to score big points. But it does mean he will have to give his best, beat his opposition number 7 at home and pick up at least a couple of points in away meetings.

If other clubs want to give their reserves a season or so, good for them. It doesn't work that way at Wimborne Road and long will it reamain that way.

People may not liek it but thats spot in. It's sport, it's about winning. Not being nice. If Poole drop him and he;'s any good another team will sign him. all this, "give him a chance" he's had years of riding in the NL to have a chance and never taken it.

I am so angry after reading Matt Fraud's comments. Ben has been signed on a 1 month deal with a view to be extended based on performances. Give the guy a chance.

Who gives a flying fook. Smart was gash. Hopwood is gash. He will get replaced with an even worse rider. What a joke these lads are even riding in the top league.

think next year they'll change it to just one under 21 british youngster.....

there are some that are just simply not ready and or too young but there are a few that will definately hold there own - worrall , ellis , garrity , newman, kerr,

Edited by heathen chemistry

Riders are only loyal to their back pockets.

Only fools rely on rider loyalty.

Every club is primarliy run in their own best interest.

A typical blue tinted response.

Wolves were loyally served by Freddie for 10 SOLID years. Woffy will be fast approaching that.

It works both ways.

Come October Poole could have gone through 7/8 Reserves. Is Matty just hoping to get lucky and hit on a rider who can do it for him ? Surprised that someone of Fords expertise doesn't do his homework on these riders, rather than seemingly relying on striking lucky.

• Like 1

Come October Poole could have gone through 7/8 Reserves. Is Matty just hoping to get lucky and hit on a rider who can do it for him ? Surprised that someone of Fords expertise doesn't do his homework on these riders, rather than seemingly relying on striking lucky.

But what is there to research? There are no hidden gems out there. The lower down the list you get the worse the riders get. Teams like Poole, Swindon and BV could go through 5 reserves easily.

A typical blue tinted response.

Wolves were loyally served by Freddie for 10 SOLID years. Woffy will be fast approaching that

It works both ways.

Where is freddie now, riders look after themselves, Holder or Ward wouldnt ride for any other team in england but that doesnt mean they dont look after themselves first.

According to jon cooks words in lakeside pr on bspa website, poole will be visiting the hammers with darcy in the team

Yeah right!!!!!! He is hardly going to say now that Darcy may not be riding is he??

As much of a worry will be whether any of the riders on either side have pressure put on by their Polish clubs not to ride, as its a Saturday!!!??

Yeah right!!!!!! He is hardly going to say now that Darcy may not be riding is he??

As much of a worry will be whether any of the riders on either side have pressure put on by their Polish clubs not to ride, as its a Saturday!!!??

Lets hope Janowski can't make it then! Pawlicki is actually pretty good at Lakeside.