British Speedway Forum

Pirates 2014

There are no facts just opinion. Tai being WC doesn't automatically mean he is the best rider in the world. My opinion is that Tai is one of a few riders at the top. I just think Ward is a little better. This isn't Poole bias just an opinion.

The Elite Lge averages would suggest that the World Champion is the best rider, bar none in that league...

• Like 1

The Elite Lge averages would suggest that the World Champion is the best rider, bar none in that league...

Ward's had injury problems this year.

But when it came to the business end of the season, Ward turned up for the Pirates and the world champ and Wolves both went missing.

Edited by Hougaard Racing Fans

Definition of world champion - the best in their chosen sport :rolleyes:

You certainly are... :wink:

Can't win the speedway argument so talk about runners and boxing - and you claim I'm mixed up and confused! :rofl:

Not surprised you are confused.You can't even remember what you put on here some minutes ago.No mention of just speedway.You make a general statement about "chosen sport",so i put some facts about "chosen sports".I chose boxing and running :rofl::party:

And TAI had an injury free season of course... :rofl:

And of course Ward rode thru his injury to prove he was the best GP rider this season. Not committed unlike the World best rider in 2013.

Hasnt it changed its name Michelsen Racing Fans yet. Or will it be Mikkel Bech Racing? :neutral:

And of course Ward rode thru his injury to prove he was the best GP rider this season. Not committed unlike the World best rider in 2013.

Hasnt it changed its name Michelsen Racing Fans yet. Or will it be Mikkel Bech Racing? :neutral:

Woffy Woffy Racing... I can see it coming Brum... :lol:

Woffy Woffy Racing... I can see it coming Brum... :lol:

Woffy ain`t Danish tho! Plus its looking more like Darcy Ward Fans - let Poole have it................................... well technically i think it has been a fan of most clubs/riders at some stage :D

Not surprised you are confused.You can't even remember what you put on here some minutes ago.No mention of just speedway.You make a general statement about "chosen sport",so i put some facts about "chosen sports".I chose boxing and running :rofl::party:

As I've already said - I'm not the one who is confused!

Quite simple question 2: Which rider rode through the pain barrier not once but twice over a 12 meeting tournament to show that he is the best rider in the world this year and be crowned world champion?

Anyway - as I said the best rider in the world doesn't want to ride for Poole!

As I've already said - I'm not the one who is confused!

Quite simple question 2: Which rider rode through the pain barrier not once but twice over a 12 meeting tournament to show that he is the best rider in the world this year and be crowned world champion?

Anyway - as I said the best rider in the world doesn't want to ride for Poole!

What nonsense, Ward's injury was much more serious than Woffinden and he required surgery.

Ward also turned up for the Pirates in the play-off's and put aside his individual commitmens for the good of his CLUB, Darcy values Poole speedway.

Change the record - it's boring now! :rolleyes:

Think you'll find he won't (not might) - it's hardly going to improve his world ranking :rolleyes:

But true :-)

The original point which was, Would the Poole Pirates and Matt Ford rather have Tai Woffinden than Darcy Ward?

On purely riding ability, Middlo and Matt would both say that they would prefer Darcy Ward.

No next year were have both and holder :-)

I am certainly NOT raining on Tai's parade. I think it's great he's WC, However, I believe Darcy is a better rider. Just my opinion. Did you believe that Pole in 1973, Jerzy Sczakiel,(sp) was a better rider than Mauger?

Szczakiel's win was an obvious Stitch=up in front of 170,000 Poles who would probably have rioted if a Pole didn't win.

You can't go by EL averages because the balance of the Poole team means Darcy is able to team ride more often so BP's probably artificially lower his average. Averages are not really an accurate comparison. Personally I would just about pick Darcy in my dream team ahead of Tai to compete in the EL but the fact is that Tai has jumped through all the hoops in the GP's and Ward hasn't as yet. He might achieve it one day, he might not. There is very little to chose between them. Darcy is spectacular and exciting, Tai is more of a thinker. Speedway needs both types of rider. I don't think you can compare more closely than that.

Szczakiel's win was an obvious Stitch=up in front of 170,000 Poles who would probably have rioted if a Pole didn't win.

You can't go by EL averages because the balance of the Poole team means Darcy is able to team ride more often so BP's probably artificially lower his average. Averages are not really an accurate comparison. Personally I would just about pick Darcy in my dream team ahead of Tai to compete in the EL but the fact is that Tai has jumped through all the hoops in the GP's and Ward hasn't as yet. He might achieve it one day, he might not. There is very little to chose between them. Darcy is spectacular and exciting, Tai is more of a thinker. Speedway needs both types of rider. I don't think you can compare more closely than that.

You saw Woffinden around Lakeside this season guesting for the Hammers, If Ward was guesting instead of Tai... How many points would he had dropped?

1 or 2 at a maximum.

Ward is different gravy, Trust me.

Quite simple question. Would Poole fans prefer to keep Darcy or ship him out in order to bring in Tai?

It doesn't matter, Tai wouldn't be interested. At least Pete Adams helped guide him to the title. Middlo would probably encourage him to go drinking of an evening.

Tai knows which is best.

Likewise ask Wolves fans if they would prefer Darcy over Tai - the result would possibly be seen as as a total landslide in the World Champ`s favour.

• Like 1

What nonsense, Ward's injury was much more serious than Woffinden and he required surgery.

Ward also turned up for the Pirates in the play-off's and put aside his individual commitmens for the good of his CLUB, Darcy values Poole speedway.

And the fact that Tai only wanted 6 points to become World Champion. Had that not been the case, then he would have called it a day for the season there and then, but he saw an Orthopedic Surgeon took advice and rested for a couple of weeks. from my point of view, fair play to him, the lad deserved it.. As for Darcy, he was advised to take his time with his injury, and let it heal properly. Had he tried to come back to soon he could have put himself out for a dam site longer than the original period. So he did exactly the right thing..

Edited by Starman2006