British Speedway Forum

Pirates 2014

Where have you seen this??/

Maybe someone has been crystal ball gazing and seen that he's going to get injured riding NL at the weekend!!!???

If so he can only be replaced by another FT reserve lower down the ranking list, as the new revised list (with possible other riders on it) is not active til 1st May!!

He's currently bottom of the list so gonna be hard to replace him.

Cant think of a more repulsive character than Lilly Savage, so it isn't reciprocated!!! LOL!

:D

• Like 1

He's currently bottom of the list so gonna be hard to replace him.

The official list currently has 36 riders on it, including some that have not yet raced or only as a guest.

The new official ranking list as I've said elsewhere is not effective til 1st May!!

Edited by Skidder1

Gonna be gone before that date then so looks like not just a rumour about him not riding at Belle Vue on Monday?.

No idea. It must have come from someone connected to the printing of the BV programme, as I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else??

Had a discussion about this at Somerset on Friday and someone mentioned that they thought the rule may have changed. He thought, although he wasn't sure, that the wording of the rule may have changed to "28 day replacement or until fit" maybe SCB would know as he seems quite well up with the rules?

Middlo had already stated in SS that the rules seem to indicate that Darcy cant come back until the 28 day rule ends (which is the minimum replacement time).

Personally speaking it shouldn't really be an issue as its a pretty like for like swap.

But rules are rules ................................... sometimes. :wink:

Middlo had already stated in SS that the rules seem to indicate that Darcy cant come back until the 28 day rule ends (which is the minimum replacement time).

Personally speaking it shouldn't really be an issue as its a pretty like for like swap.

But rules are rules ................................... sometimes. :wink:

I don't buy the SS so haven't seen the article, however that seems absolutely ridiculous.

Imagine if Holder was to get injured now and miss some meetings for Poole, does that mean they would have to use guests/rider replacement when they have a fit Darcy Ward waiting to ride again? Like you said, I can't see any issue with the previous injured rider signing once he is fit again regardless of time frame.

Edited by Najjer

Excuse me if I've missed a previous post (not got time in my lunch hour to read EVERYTHING! on here) but why can't Holder simply remain riding for Poole until the 28 days is up?

I'm sure in the past when No.1's are injured, other EL No.1 's have been used as guests to cover which is what could have happened here.

Instead Poole chose (and I think chose wisely) to re-declare their team without Darcy which meant that they could be guaranteed a former world champion could take the place and not have to worry about booking guests.

cant see the problem with Darcy coming back when fit.

Exactly!! When he's fully fit for British racing on 14th May!!!! as long as he doesn't get injured again?! :wink:

Excuse me if I've missed a previous post (not got time in my lunch hour to read EVERYTHING! on here) but why can't Holder simply remain riding for Poole until the 28 days is up?

I'm sure in the past when No.1's are injured, other EL No.1 's have been used as guests to cover which is what could have happened here.

Instead Poole chose (and I think chose wisely) to re-declare their team without Darcy which meant that they could be guaranteed a former world champion could take the place and not have to worry about booking g

Nothing missed - that is what is happening, subject to any further injuries!!?

Edited by Skidder1

Exactly!! When he's fully fit for British racing on 14th May!!!! as long as he doesn't get injured again?! :wink:

Nothing missed - that is what is happening, subject to any further injuries!!?

and you all think im anti - poole!!

in this instance Poole will do nothing wrong if Darcy comes back earier than 28 days.

be interesting if he manages to stay on his bike this gp instead of over riding like he did at the last one.

Can see Darcy being the Jimmy White of his era.The most talented player but lack of application and bottle stopped him from being the World Champion.

and you all think im anti - poole!!

in this instance Poole will do nothing wrong if Darcy comes back earier than 28 days.

be interesting if he manages to stay on his bike this gp instead of over riding like he did at the last one.

Can see Darcy being the Jimmy White of his era.The most talented player but lack of application and bottle stopped him from being the World Champion.

What the hell are you talking about. Did you actually watch the last GP? Tell us, why and how did Darcy get injured?

He did fall off a few times even before being wiped out by Smolinski or did you miss that?.

Er, wasn't it once with Batch, and then wipped out, but lets not worry about that, well see the real Darcy tomorrow..In the meantime, consentrate on your own shambles at the Abbey...

Er, wasn't it once with Batch, and then wipped out, but lets not worry about that, well see the real Darcy tomorrow..In the meantime, consentrate on your own shambles at the Abbey...

Did Darcy not get excluded then for falling off on his own on the first bend?.

Bloody hell was only asking a question but won't bother next time as with that last comment your dad must be bigger than my dad.

Sad.

Edited by Crazy robin
  • Like 3

Are you on about the back straight bogs again

What the hell are you talking about. Did you actually watch the last GP? Tell us, why and how did Darcy get injured?

dear me stop rambling man! Course it wasn't his fault but he does put himself in awkward positions in races . Because of his inability to gate he had to do it the hard way and as yet hasn't quite perfected it like Loram used to. He may learn.

Perhaps you should concentrate on your spellings?

Perhaps you should stop being so picky, and devote your time to something else.. Try a Train set...

Perhaps you should stop being so picky, and devote your time to something else.. Try a Train set...

If you wish you posts to be illiterate please continue. If you don't know how to spell something why bother trying to use it ?

And by the way there is a modern invention called a spellchecker.................................................................................. :D

• Like 2