British Speedway Forum

Pirates 2014

Kyle will have to stay PL to supplement himself when in about april/may the Sky regular that is Matt drops him again tactically moves him aside for the good of the club........ :blink::party:

As any football manager would drop a player who is not performing. What's different ?

Ask me to choose 1, as much as I like Chris as a rider, I would choose Darcy..

In the long run, Starry, Darcy should come close to being as good as the legend Tony Rickardsson if he continues to learn and stays uninjured. Chris has the trauma of getting over his very serious injuries, which I think he will do eventually. Sometimes, though, such injuries reduce a rider's sharpness as we have seen with other world champion prospects.

It won't. We've been riding for most of the season with just one of them cos of injuries! But how would you choose between them i just don't know!!

Without Darcys injury would you have got into the play offs? yes you might have made changes but who knows what ones. Soon as you lost Darcy and got in Pawlicki and THJ you started winning.

Its not about just a strong top 2 you got to build the rest of the side to.

Its easy to pick which one. Darcy every time.

As said though Middlo isnt a good tactician and while he has it easy with Ward, Hancock and Magic, just having one of them will cause him a massive headache!!

Without Darcys injury would you have got into the play offs? yes you might have made changes but who knows what ones. Soon as you lost Darcy and got in Pawlicki and THJ you started winning.

Its not about just a strong top 2 you got to build the rest of the side to.

Its easy to pick which one. Darcy every time.

As said though Middlo isnt a good tactician and while he has it easy with Ward, Hancock and Magic, just having one of them will cause him a massive headache!!

Losing darcy could have been a disaster and thj made a big difference, pawlicki not so much as he didnt ride that many meetings, The big improvement was josh grajczonek and the much maligned magic janowski has been good all season. When Darcy came back he was terrific as usual.

Losing darcy could have been a disaster and thj made a big difference, pawlicki not so much as he didnt ride that many meetings, The big improvement was josh grajczonek and the much maligned magic janowski has been good all season. When Darcy came back he was terrific as usual.

exactly! Darcy is obviously world class but if he stayed fit then Poole would have had to have got rid of Stachyra and Miskowiak and they may not have got the riders in they did and started to win matches.

My point that one or two miss is Darcy's injury meant Poole could rebuild and win matches. By the time he was fit again he was able to come back and Poole were stronger again

He has hardly set the world on fire - having increased his starting average by less than 1point in a weakened EL.

• Like 1

He has hardly set the world on fire - having increased his starting average by less than 1point in a weakened EL.

to be fair he is good one minute and poor the next but he has been good back up as a solid third heat leader. Those thinking he is world class or gp rider are off the mark though

Think 2014 will be good for Poole no matter what the rules. Three big sponsors coming back to the club so money won't be a problem and we all know the best riders want to ride for Poole.

I think you'll find that Tai Woffinden (world champion) doesn't want to ride for Poole - they don't come any better than the world champion! :rolleyes:

• Like 3

I know who I would have Doyley every time

I think you'll find that Tai Woffinden (world champion) doesn't want to ride for Poole - they don't come any better than the world champion! :rolleyes:

. Think your find he might, won't be Swindon though as cannot afford him and he would like to be paid ;-)

. Think your find he might, won't be Swindon though as cannot afford him and he would like to be paid ;-)

Change the record - it's boring now! :rolleyes:

Think you'll find he won't (not might) - it's hardly going to improve his world ranking :rolleyes:

Edited by Steve0