British Speedway Forum

Pirates 2014

So.....if Holders average drops slightly to just below Wards (as it may well do on the new heat format) and the rest increase their lower averages (which Shamek is already on the way to doing) so the team average goes over 32 then Ward be not be able to get back in........unless Josh or the other bloke get a taste of Uncle Matt's "loyalty" and find themselves replaced by some other Herbert ? Interesting.

Not if Holder comes in as a temporary replacement for Ward.

Regardless of averages, You can then make the switch.

So.....if Holders average drops slightly to just below Wards (as it may well do on the new heat format) and the rest increase their lower averages (which Shamek is already on the way to doing) so the team average goes over 32 then Ward be not be able to get back in........unless Josh or the other bloke get a taste of Uncle Matt's "loyalty" and find themselves replaced by some other Herbert ? Interesting.

Read the post below yours. Hougaard Racing Fans is correct.

:rofl::rofl:

I love how your post is liked by the Poole troll club.

Priceless. Thanks for brightening my evening :t:

Steve you are getting worse than Gavan. Give it a rest for Christs sake man. You just go on and on like a stuck record and its very boring for everyone.

• Like 1

Can a temporary injury replacement have a higher average though?

Genuine question as I dont know.

A temporary replacement must have a lower average than the rider he's replacing but If that rider then drops his average below the rider he's just temporarily replacing then It doesn't matter as you can make a 1 in 1 out switch but If you want to make 2 changes then you would have to re-declare the whole side and make sure the averages fit.

Edited by Hougaard Racing Fans

Grey area as I'm sure there not really a rule about temp signings. Common sense says yes TBF

So technically if Holder comes in it should be as a formal redeclaration with the risk that revised averages make Darcys return impossible.

Personally I would say that this is a genuine 'special dispensation' case and the temp switch should be allowed regardless of average changes.

So technically if Holder comes in it should be as a formal redeclaration with the risk that revised averages make Darcys return impossible.

Personally I would say that this is a genuine 'special dispensation' case and the temp switch should be allowed regardless of average changes.

Why is this a "special dispensation" case

There have - sadly - been many many instances of a rider being injured and unable to compete for a number of weeks, and clubs have dealt with them

Again, I ask, why "special dispensation" for Poole / Ward?

I was under the impression that a temporary replacement can come in as long as he fits in the team total average and that the injured rider can come back in for that replacement regardless of averages? Seems like commonsense to me.

• Like 2

Why is this a "special dispensation" case

There have - sadly - been many many instances of a rider being injured and unable to compete for a number of weeks, and clubs have dealt with them

Again, I ask, why "special dispensation" for Poole / Ward?

Because it's Poole, of course.

I was under the impression that a temporary replacement can come in as long as he fits in the team total average and that the injured rider can come back in for that replacement regardless of averages? Seems like commonsense to me.

Correct.............as long as it fits in with the team average overall then there is no reason why especially based on the fact we would be using our own asset he cannot be signed as a temporary replacement.............

RP

Love it that the Anti Poole Brigade (APB) are getting their knickers in a twist and trying to call us cheats when we are following the rules correctly.

Bag puss summed the rule up perfectly. We are just so good at the rules and winning that others can't believe it and just stand aghast at the brilliance of Matt and middlo.

Roll on Monday night and to swat those Bees!

Seems commonsense to me too but is that actually the rule?

If it is then there is no dispensation required anyway.

If it isnt then as I said I believe this is a valid case.

I accept the arguement that there should be no dispensation for any situation and agree that ideally that would be the case - but that is just not feasible with the current set up.

Given that the merits of each case need to be considered without bias. It doesnt matter that it is Poole and some may feel they 'have gotten away with it in the past' all that matters is would this be right.

IMO this would regardless.

Even if it were a 'temporary guest replacement', for home meetings Poole could get a guest upto 9.52 (Darcy's 9.07 + 5%)!!

I'm sure its a 28-day cover for DW as he's confirmed he is not having an op and is targeting a return for SGP on 26th!