British Speedway Forum

Pirates 2014

Why argue? Poole always get their way.

Of course, in the best interest of speedway.

So you are in favour of teams cheating then, just to double check? :P

No SB, Mr Shovlar is only in favour of Poole cheating..

He has admitted as such loads of times with his 'win at all costs' rhetoric and all the shenanigans that that entails..

Edited to add that he does come across as Little Miss Over-Sensative with all his Poole-Hater bollocks..

Nevermind though.. :D:t:

Edited by yerropes
  • Like 2

If anything, I think British speedway needs to look after your Darcy Ward's and Chris Holder's.

They are what speedway is about.

Not start tarts like Iversen, Bjerre and Woffinden.

idiotic as usual. Holder doesn't ride here and we need the other top boys
  • Like 2

These past few pages are like a children's nursery. Poole fans winding everyone else up and them taking the bait.

Can only hope everyone returns to talking about speedway :wink:

You could say that about BSF in it entirety.

• Like 5

Guest GiveusaB

Agree with SteveO......it's a speedway forum isnt it ?

I'm a Birmingham fan and I know we'll be in for a right hiding when Poole visit us, with or without Darcy, but I'd much rather see the world's best riders at Perry Barr ! It doesnt bother me that Poole bend the rules at all costs.....it just makes me want to beat them even more! (although I know that there's not much chance of that this season). Speedway is my favourite sport and it's more important to me than winning every match !

These past few pages are like a children's nursery. Poole fans winding everyone else up and them taking the bait.

Can only hope everyone returns to talking about speedway :wink:

I agree Steve0, its dreadful behaviour!! Anyone would think this is a Poole Pirates thread?! :t:

To be honest, I wish Matt Ford was back on the MC - at least then all the non-Poole fans might occasionally have something valid to moan about!! :rofl::rofl::D

Darcy Ward has tweeted that Smolinski should get a 'yellow card' for what happened on Saturday night. Is he for real??

Racing incident where Smolinski hit a rut and couldnt avoid him.

Come on Darcy thought you had grown up a bit by now

• Like 5

I agree that Smolinski hit a rut and this happens in speedway

However, when this has happened in the past I always seem to remember the rider who had wiped out another then went over to check on the rider who was hit and say "sorry mate" .

I did not see that this time.

Maybe Martin was told Darcy was knocked out, in which case he could not apologize. Just a theory...

• Like 2

However, when this has happened in the past I always seem to remember the rider who had wiped out another then went over to check on the rider who was hit and say "sorry mate" .

I agree with you - :t:

I was also amazed that he didn't aplogise and send his best wishes to Darcy (who after all was just an innocent victim) during his rostrum interview!! :nono:

Edited by Flyin Panther

Smolinski did. The commentator stated just after the crash, "Smolinski is up, and he is going over to see if Darcy is ok"

I agree with you - :t:

I was also amazed that he didn't aplogise and send his best wishes to Darcy (who after all was just an innocent victim) during his rostrum interview!! :nono:

Maybe because he was so wrapped up in the occasion that he forgot to? He, like everyone else, probably didn't expect him to win the thing.

i agree thought smolinski could have checked on Darcy. the riders knew it couldnt be helped and when Smolinski walked back to the pits Holder gave him a friendly tap as if to say it couldnt be helped

Smolinski did go over to Darcy the commentator did say this but Darcy obviously wouldnt have know. Darcys comments about the incident is very poor, most riders have that sort of incident in there career where they hit a rut and lose control. Darcy was unfortunately in the wrong place at the wrong time.

• Like 2

Smolinski did go over to Darcy the commentator did say this but Darcy obviously wouldnt have know. Darcys comments about the incident is very poor, most riders have that sort of incident in there career where they hit a rut and lose control. Darcy was unfortunately in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I think this is where Ward let's himself down IMO - if he had just said "I'm gutted to have got injured through no no fault of my own, but that's speedway" everyone would have a different opinion of him!!

• Like 9