British Speedway Forum

Pirates 2014

Oh FFS the season has barely started and Poole are being accused of all sorts again............without knowing the facts which I am sure none of us know............

Some people want to make sure their own teams are in order before criticising ours...............

RP

• Like 1

As Darcy has already ridden for us this year I am sure a guest facility will be granted.

Let's be honest here I am sure no rival fan would really want or expect us to go into the league campaign with a 3 pointer taking Wards rides, especially as the crash was in an official fixture and most certainly not his fault.

Common sense would dictate a facility. No one would argue with that as it is just common sense.

Hopefully Holder will stand in until Darcy is fit to take his place.

The rules are not there to hinder genuine injuries. Anyone who thinks Poole should be penalised is simply a Burke and anti Poole.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Anyone who thinks Poole should be penalised is simply a Burke and anti Poole.

Poole should not be penalisedas such. They should simply have to abide by the rules that their own promoter helped to compile. Nothing more, nothing less.

Speedway is an unpredictable sport, injuries happen. The rules take this into account, at least I assume promoters thought of this when compiling the rule book.

I'd say the same about any team before I'm accused of Poole bashing.

• Like 4

Oh FFS the season has barely started and Poole are being accused of all sorts again............without knowing the facts which I am sure none of us know............

Some people want to make sure their own teams are in order before criticising ours...............

RP

Where has anyone criticised? We've been discussing Pooles options but the usual, "We are Poole, they must be picking on us" mentality raises it's head again. Your post adds nothing to the discussion just antagonises.

We do know the facts. Darcy is injured. Holder was in your declared 1-7. Nobody had added any more than that. But people like starman come on and get all defensive from the off.

Poole should not be penalisedas such. They should simply have to abide by the rules that their own promoter helped to compile. Nothing more, nothing less.

Speedway is an unpredictable sport, injuries happen. The rules take this into account, at least I assume promoters thought of this when compiling the rule book.

ALL teams should abide by the rules, plain and simple.

If you don't you get all you deserve.

And NO that isn't aimed at ANY team before the usual suspects pipe up.

• Like 2

It's pretty clear some on here are hoping Poole are granted a facility, which would be common sense, so they can can us cheats and have their usual PPP.

Of course, if Poole are granted a facility it won't be cheating so they will have nothing to moan about.

They are clearly praying Poole have to go with a three pointer until Darcy is fit again.

Am I right or am I right?

Where has anyone criticised? We've been discussing Pooles options but the usual, "We are Poole, they must be picking on us" mentality raises it's head again. Your post adds nothing to the discussion just antagonises.

We do know the facts. Darcy is injured. Holder was in your declared 1-7. Nobody had added any more than that. But people like starman come on and get all defensive from the off.

People like Starman, your soooo complimentary, not. Your way of discusing things are totally different to ours, you and many others on here would love to see us fail, don't hold your breath mate, it might be a long time holding it...

RP

Don't worry about it RP, they are dead jealous of our clubs success, on the quiet they would love to have a club as professionally run like ours and run by a promoter like Matt.

People like Starman, your soooo complimentary, not. Your way of discusing things are totally different to ours, you and many others on here would love to see us fail, don't hold your breath mate, it might be a long time holding it...

Honestly, I do love seeing Poole fail. I won't lie and I bloody hated it when you won the title last year. But fair play, you lot were the best team by the end of the season and probably deserved it. But nobody has said anything nasty here, it's been a fairly civilised discussion about Pooles options.

Don't worry about it RP, they are dead jealous of our clubs success, on the quiet they would love to have a club as professionally run like ours and run by a promoter like Matt.

How is it jealousy? As I see it Matt has not acted yet so we're not commenting on anything he has done. The jelousy card is another one that just pisses people off. We're not jealous, we're discussing speedway matters which is pretty hard when people come in arguing black is white (or Holder was not in the 1-7 when he was!) and shouting "jealousy".

Thats where the stupid rules come in. Darcy was injured in Saturdays GP, everybody could clearly see that. So not just us, any club in the same position, has a rider out with a GENUINE injury ie broken arm leg fingers wrist, etc should have a facillity reguardless of the time of season...Simples.

Always said that jealousy breeds contempt..........

RP

All people want to see is the rules being applied correctly. And the jealousy card is very old hat and quite frankly boring.

That's the only card some blue tints have to play having got their facts wrong.. ;)

• Like 1

All people want to see is the rules being applied correctly. And the jealousy card is very old hat and quite frankly boring.

And here we have a thread that is now becoming however many pages long because of that attitude. We had a page alone of Starman refusing to accept that Holder had been declared in the team.

On any other teams thread this type of discussion would be over in a page and a half. And then particular Poole fans will pipe up with 'if this was on a Poole thread it would be 20 pages long as you hate us boo hoo...you're all so jealous'.

So let this thread serve as a note those Poole posters - YOU are the reason Poole threads go on and on.

• Like 4

It's pretty clear some on here are hoping Poole are granted a facility, which would be common sense, so they can can us cheats and have their usual PPP.

Of course, if Poole are granted a facility it won't be cheating so they will have nothing to moan about.

They are clearly praying Poole have to go with a three pointer until Darcy is fit again.

If Poole are playing by the rules then there is no need to be on the defensive and attacking others for the sake of it.

FWIW, as far as the facility goes i see no reason why you cant have guests or Holder as short term replacement. That`s fair.

As far as Re-declaring goes IF you haven't gone back to original 1-7 (ie with Holder still in) then there isn't an issue as clearly Holder is still in the named 1-7 and is the rider to replace Darcy.

My only question would be ...... why on earth has MF NOT gone back to the original 1-7 (with Darcy in) because that just seems a little odd to me quite frankly.

If there is any mess around this re-declaring it seems all of Poole`s making.

That said, hopefully common sense will prevail and i see no reason why riders cant guest (ie Holder/Jonsson?Hancock) for top riders missing. Makes perfect sense (although the logistics of making that happen would be anything but common sense!) :t:

And here we have a thread that is now becoming however many pages long because of that attitude. We had a page alone of Starman refusing to accept that Holder had been declared in the team.

On any other teams thread this type of discussion would be over in a page and a half. And then particular Poole fans will pipe up with 'if this was on a Poole thread it would be 20 pages long as you hate us boo hoo...you're all so jealous'.

So let this thread serve as a note those Poole posters - YOU are the reason Poole threads go on and on.

WELL SAID Kester. :t:

• Like 1

FWIW, as far as the facility goes i see no reason why you cant have guests or Holder as short term replacement. That`s fair.

My only question would be ...... why on earth has MF NOT gone back to the original 1-7 (with Darcy in) because that just seems a little odd to me quite frankly.

If there is any mess around this re-declaring it seems all of Poole`s making.

They can't have a guest for Holder but he's not raced for them since the (re)-declaration.

Ward was never in the 1-7, there is not 1-7 with Ward in to revert to. Holder was in from the start.

No. Most on here are hoping Poole will simply abide by the rules, which would mean redclaring with Holder as your number one, and using Holder to cover this spot until Darcy is fit, which i think all hope will be very soon. Given that Holder is probably the best available option anyway, i don't see how this is unfair on Poole.

If the intention was always for darcy to be your number 1, he should have been in your original declaration, the mucking around ith holder in the line up (which i have no problem with) is what's caused the issue , so the fact that you aren't entitled to a facility for Darcy is no-ones fault but Pooles.

• Like 6

You have to laugh at the usual Poole clowns who come on here time after time spouting their usual anti Poole and jealousy garbage. Have a look at what people write and then maybe just maybe you can answer properly for once. Nobody is saying they want to see Poole riding with a 3 pointer we all want to see Holder ride. The fact is if Poole hadn't messed around and declared Holder on there 1-7 they wouldn't be in this mess right now. So please pirates fans just once can you understand what people are saying!

And the only reason we have page after page is because some Poole fans quite clearly either don't know the rules or have complete disregard for them. If this was Woffinden or Iversen the Wolves and Lynn fans understand the rules and are happy to play by them. Even read that Poole should have a facility because the crash wasn't Darcys fault! Seriously! You can bet your bottom dollar that if Darcys replacement isn't Holder or a 3 pointer there will be at least 50 pages more on here

• Like 3

Thats where the stupid rules come in. Darcy was injured in Saturdays GP, everybody could clearly see that. So not just us, any club in the same position, has a rider out with a GENUINE injury ie broken arm leg fingers wrist, etc should have a facillity reguardless of the time of season...Simples.

Then you would have certain teams using that facility in their own advantage if and when they thought fit.. You cant have it both way.

Poole are in a situation of their own making. they have tried to implement a joint No 1 system using both Darcy and Holder, Now it has complications. This is not a get at Poole post, but no other team would have the same predicament because each have kept the same team they originally declared.

• Like 3

Would those be the stupid rules the Poole promoter helped to compile?

I agree it is unfortunate for any club and the fans to suffer because a rider has a genuine injury but rules is rules.

• Like 1

Looking at the races both Holder and Darcy have taken part in so far this year, I'm not sure what the fuss is.

Holder has started the season stronger than Ward so won't make you any weaker

Pooles own fault for all the messing about with team declarations

• Like 1