British Speedway Forum

Pirates 2014

I don't see that Poole have done anything wrong in this case. They declared their team with Holder in it, then simply redeclare with Ward.

As I thing waihekeaces said its not something they can do for much of the season as once their averages go above 32 they won't be able to swap them in such a way, not that they are likely to anyway.

They were simply showing loyalty to Holder in giving him an extra meet before the GP and if it qualifies him for a European Cup team that's a good thing too.

• Like 1

I don't see that Poole have done anything wrong in this case. They declared their team with Holder in it, then simply redeclare with Ward.

Apart from the fact the rules say you can't re-declare introducing a rider who was in your final 1-7 last season but not in your start 1-7. So in effect Darcy cannot ride for Poole this season technically.

Apart from the fact the rules say you can't re-declare introducing a rider who was in your final 1-7 last season but not in your start 1-7. So in effect Darcy cannot ride for Poole this season technically.

Unless with MC permission... which they've been granted clearly.

Still don't see a problem.

If Woffinden got injured for Wolves, you'd expect them to bring Lindgren in.. the above rule would suggest they can't.. that would be ridiculous and again permission would no doubt be given.

• Like 4

Unless with MC permission... which they've been granted clearly.

Still don't see a problem.

If Woffinden got injured for Wolves, you'd expect them to bring Lindgren in.. the above rule would suggest they can't.. that would be ridiculous and again permission would no doubt be given.

Yes but there is no injury in this case.

So?

So the rule is there in case of injury or unforeseen circumstances. Not for Poole to play silly buggers.

in the scheme of things, pretty irrelevant I agree but it's just another season of Poole either cheating or having to ask the MC for permission to do something.

Edited by SCB

Are you guy sure that this isn't a way to get Holder a genuine winners medal come the end of the season?

I've sometimes seen football teams put on players so they can reach the number of appearances (10 in football) for a real medal but I assume due to speedway's unprofessional-ism, being declared in the side might be enough to earn Chris another EL medal.

Are you guy sure that this isn't a way to get Holder a genuine winners medal come the end of the season?

I've sometimes seen football teams put on players so they can reach the number of appearances (10 in football) for a real medal but I assume due to speedway's unprofessional-ism, being declared in the side might be enough to earn Chris another EL medal.

I can picture Chris's trophy room in October where he moves his GP race trophies & World Championship trophy & puts an Elite lge winners medal there in pride of place without racing a meeting for them in that lge.

How sad would that be.

• Like 1

I can picture Chris's trophy room in October where he moves his GP race trophies & World Championship trophy & puts an Elite lge winners medal there in pride of place without racing a meeting for them in that lge.

How sad would that be.

Crazy, why did you bite?!!!

• Like 1

Well he is likely to be in the Poole pits more often than certain other riders in the current 1-7 - so maybe there will be an argument to give him a medal?! :D:wink: Assuming there are medals to be given out?!

Led up in hospital after an op & bored is the only excuse I can come up with:-)

Hope you have a speedy recovery CR. :t: At least you didn't have to attend last night's 'Blunsdon Experience'!!

Are you on strong medication? :wink: