British Speedway Forum

Pirates 2014

Guest GiveusaB

Its not being 'allowed' in the EL!!

Its about the British representatives in the European Cup (ie this year Poole) having a strong(ish) competitive team against the Poles, Swedes and Danes!!! :t:

IMO its about POOLE gaining an advantage over their opposition at all costs! Speedway rules are made of rubber bands when it comes to Poole!

Guest GiveusaB

P.s I think Ward is the most exciting rider to watch, but No way is he a better rider than Holder.....Ward will never win the world title as he is too erratic and not quick enough out the start......which is fantastic from a neutral point of view..... IMO !

P.s I think Ward is the most exciting rider to watch, but No way is he a better rider than Holder.....Ward will never win the world title as he is too erratic and not quick enough out the start......which is fantastic from a neutral point of view..... IMO !

During the winter Darcy has been getting some gating tips from Jason Crump so it will be interesting to see what he has picked up from the ex triple World Champion? http://www.speedwaygp.com/news/article/3131/darcy-calls-on-crump

Hell - even his voice appears to have broken into a deeper tone so there is hope yet! :D

Edited by Poole Quay 7
  • Like 2

During the winter Darcy has been getting some gating tips from Jason Crump so it will be interesting to see what he has picked up from the ex triple World Champion? http://www.speedwaygp.com/news/article/3131/darcy-calls-on-crump

Hell - even his voice appears to have broken into a deeper tone so there is hope yet! :D

............all down hill now then!!! ;)

He will definitely be world champion at some stage, probably sooner rather than later.

• Like 2

Its not being 'allowed' in the EL!!

Its about the British representatives in the European Cup (ie this year Poole) having a strong(ish) competitive team against the Poles, Swedes and Danes!!! :t:

The rules for the European Cup are different. Holder shouldn't be replacing Ward in any meeting in the EL in any competition.

..Ward will never win the world title as he is too erratic and not quick enough out the start....

He will definitely be world champion at some stage, probably sooner rather than later.

There is nothing definite about winning the World title.

If he drops the erratic over riding and learns to gate better there is a real chance he might win a World title. Until then he is just another rider with bags of potential.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if he did win it tho at some stage in his career, he has the ability in abundance.

• Like 1

The rules for the European Cup are different. Holder shouldn't be replacing Ward in any meeting in the EL in any competition.

If he drops the erratic over riding and learns to gate better there is a real chance he might win a World title. Until then he is just another rider with bags of potential.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if he did win it tho at some stage in his career, he has the ability in abundance.

Oh well sorry Darcy mate, but that's the end of any thoughts of being World Champion.....Because unfortunately the last time the Oracle shared his opinion on a rider having the "potential" to be a World Champion he gave us David Howe:-)

Edited by Poole Quay 7
  • Like 2

What price would you give me?god i would never want to take a bet on him winning the WC.

You are absolutely right Steve, there is no certainty that anyone will win the SGP Title - there are plenty of riders over the years that should have won it like Leigh Adams for example. However, Darcy has far too much talent on a speedway bike to miss out in my opinion. As SS states - could well be this year!

Anyway onto Pirate matters - the team looks good once again this year, should be another good season of EL racing in Poole!

• Like 1

You are absolutely right Steve, there is no certainty that anyone will win the SGP Title - there are plenty of riders over the years that should have won it like Leigh Adams for example. However, Darcy has far too much talent on a speedway bike to miss out in my opinion. As SS states - could well be this year!

Indeed, as just might miss out out on a top 3 spot. All are as possibilities at this stage.

how did holder manage to have no work permit issues when he has chosen not to ride over here this season , yet others who want to carnt get a work permit?

He doesn't need a work permit to ride over here if he isn't! :o

Or he may well have just applied before the deadline as all the Aussies should have done before the last one run out!

Or he may well have just applied before the deadline as all the Aussies should have done before the last one run out

;)

Darcy will never have a better chance to win the world title than this year as hard riders like Gollob & Emil are no longer in the GP's & that only leaves Nicki who will not let Darcy bully him on track.

That is not meant as a slight on Darcy but he does live on the edge with some of the moves he makes & riders move over to easily when he comes up the inside of them more often than not.

The best compliment is that he wouldn't let a rider who makes the moves he makes do it to him.

• Like 1