British Speedway Forum

Pirates 2014

I see the forums worst offender (internetman et al)has an opinion, what a surprise. Nothing changes.

I would wait for the usual vile replies but ............... well best on ignore thankfully. :t:

Oh my..... how dare I have an opinion that differs from the forum troll :lol:

You run away now and keep me on ignore, at least that way it saves you from reading the truth about yourself.

Hope that wasn't too "vile" or upsetting for you Steve :D

no the forums worst troll is shovlar. do keep up

When it comes to trolling on the Poole threads Gavan, you aren't that far behind him either.

Edited by Poole Quay 7
  • Like 2

I see the forums worst offender (internetman et al)has an opinion, what a surprise. Nothing changes.

I would wait for the usual vile replies but ............... well best on ignore thankfully. :t:

Don't count me in that comment.........at the end of the day you cannot compare the two...........my biggest failing is I speak the truth............pity some of the non Poole fans that post on here would not know the truth if it hit them in the face...............

RP

Don't count me in that comment.........at the end of the day you cannot compare the two...........my biggest failing is I speak the truth............pity some of the non Poole fans that post on here would not know the truth if it hit them in the face...............

RP

You aren't RP , it was in reply to that particular poster as i don't see its posts. Probably the nastiest poster on here. Shame but that's the way some are sadly.

it was in reply to that particular poster as i don't see its posts. Probably the nastiest poster on here. Shame but that's the way some are sadly.

Lets give thanks and praise to Saint Stephen of Brum for descending from his lofty tower and the higher moral ground he walks on, to actually come amongst us and share on a daily basis, his doctrine, self-righteous thoughts and of course, his displays of worldly wisdom. :rolleyes:

​Up the Pirates Steve :-) :wink:

Edited by Poole Quay 7

Swindon fan coming in peace. Why is Holder named in Pirates team on speedway gb team declaration page. Is Ward injured? Genuine question. Did I miss something?

You missed the announcement, yes.

http://www.poolepirates.co/news.php?extend.1105

Edited by stevebrum

Didn't there used to be a rule that wouldn't allow this?

A rider in a 1-7 at the end of a season who wasn't included in the following seasons initial 1-7 could not be re-introduced into that team without MC approval.

Think it was brought in to stop Berwick bringing Paul Bentley in after they had introduced 3 Czechs at the start of the season on assessed averages.

I suppose that rule has been shelved - and obviously the circumstances here are somewhat different.

Didn't there used to be a rule that wouldn't allow this?

A rider in a 1-7 at the end of a season who wasn't included in the following seasons initial 1-7 could not be re-introduced into that team without MC approval.

Think it was brought in to stop Berwick bringing Paul Bentley in after they had introduced 3 Czechs at the start of the season on assessed averages.

I suppose that rule has been shelved - and obviously the circumstances here are somewhat different.

It was only for one non-EL meeting(!) - and the MC gave permission. :t:

There is a bigger picture to all this which hopefully won't impact on any EL clubs or fixtures!!!! :wink:

Edited by Skidder1

It was only for one non-EL meeting(!) - and the MC gave permission. :t:

There is a bigger picture to all this which hopefully won't impact on any EL clubs or fixtures!!!! :wink:

Rolf Harris used to favour the bigger picture and look how that turned out!! wink/tongue in cheek etc etc
  • Like 1

Is this a case of shared number one spots not being voted in at the AGM but Ford finding a loophole to do it anyway?

In any case the more meetings Holder has then great for everyone else, Darcy is the better rider.

Is this a case of shared number one spots not being voted in at the AGM but Ford finding a loophole to do it anyway?

In any case the more meetings Holder has then great for everyone else, Darcy is the better rider.

Got it in one Baggy , I was thinking exactly the same thing . New rule next season " after being trialled successfully by poole in the 2014 season it has been decided to introduce the option of sharing a no1 spot, this is to encourage gp riders back to our shores" Or something like that.

I think it's more to do with Chris riding for Poole this season to be part of the Poole team in the European Cup competition.

Ah yes, that's something that skidder alluded to somewhere at some point. Presumably one appearance in a competitive meeting will entitle him to compete.

• Like 1

I dont think thats the intention as ictually dont think poole will be able to do that. In a couple of months I would expect this poole team to be averaging over 32, meaning no re-declaration would be possible without restructuring thecteam to be within yhe limit (obviously you could swap a higher averaged rider out for a lower averaged one, but you would then be unable to swap them back).

I think it's more to do with Chris riding for Poole this season to be part of the Poole team in the European Cup competition.

Either way, we DON'T yet have a number one sharing role in the EL. So it shouldn't be allowed.

Don`t get me wrong, i`m all for it if it gets voted in. Think its potentially great for the EL. But i would rather one team not trying to force the issue.

Welcome news for Kyle with kind and generous sponsorship.....Well done to all concerned :t:

PIRATES reserve Kyle Newman admits his 2014 machinery has been greatly improved by financial backing from a variety of sponsors.

The Poole-born rider, who scored five points in last week's 48-42 challenge victory over Lakeside, revealed pressure had been taken off his shoulders by fresh funding.

He told the Daily Echo: “There are plenty of local companies that have come on board and I owe them all a massive thanks.

“I’ve been trying to build four new chassis and the simple fact is that without the sponsors, I wouldn’t have been able to do that.

“It would have been a lot harder and I would have been under a lot more pressure going into the season.”

Evolution Skateparks provided Newman with a four-figure sum and director and projects manager David Trickey, himself a former rider, said the 22-year-old had been a deserving recipient.

Trickey said: “We were looking for an up and coming British rider who would benefit from having more sponsors on board.

“Kyle seemed switched on and a genuine guy to work with and we’ve given him a sum of money to go towards his bikes.

“I’ve got a lot of contacts in speedway so we’re going to try and give him as much help as we can throughout the season.”

Article from Daily Echo... http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/speedway/piratesnews/11118423.Poole_Pirates__Newman_grateful_to_generous_sponsors/

• Like 1

Either way, we DON'T yet have a number one sharing role in the EL. So it shouldn't be allowed.

Don`t get me wrong, i`m all for it if it gets voted in. Think its potentially great for the EL. But i would rather one team not trying to force the issue.

Its not being 'allowed' in the EL!!

Its about the British representatives in the European Cup (ie this year Poole) having a strong(ish) competitive team against the Poles, Swedes and Danes!!! :t: