British Speedway Forum

Pirates 2014

No, rider are giving an average by an "independent" person. How they work that out only they know. As I said in the winter, 4.5 or 5 would have been fairer but it's a bit late now.

To be fair I think all riders coming into the EL should be at least a 5.00, unless they have done a season in the PL first.

Everyone knows Malik's better than 4.00

It's just same old same old.

• Like 3

To be fair I think all riders coming into the EL should be at least a 5.00, unless they have done a season in the PL first.

That would also include any rider signing for Swindon then?? ;) My answer to your question, tough. that's his official average so go swim...

Still waiting on an explanation why THJ was left out of the Pirates side, I find it sickening to see a title winner and hero not given a job this year.

Simple, Average didn;t fit (yet)!! :wink:

thats the same proctor who is coming big from missing most of last season through injury give him a chance!

Agreed but it was you that brought up the Monmore comparison - its not as if Proctor hasn't ridden there for most of his EL career, whereas Milik has only ridden Poole twice competitively!!

Give it a couple of months and thj may well be called in to replace josh g or milik after they have raised their averages sufficiently racing primarily against other second strings and nl riders.

You really don't have a clue, do you...

I'm not sure why some are upset by Milik having a 4.00 average?

The way the BSPA works the averages today is correct. They do have a system and it's simple.

The system is simple perhaps but it still needs looking at. We are looking at bringing on the next generation. We need all new riders on a fair assessed average. Plus no one should be coming on a ridiculously low 4. If they are good enough to come to the UK then a minimum should be 5.

yh it is fair wolves just built There team wrong lol

That remains to be seen. We were written off last year and i see a similar season ahead to last. :t:

Don`t know who this Malik is!

Of course you are right. the minimum bar should be raised to 5.

So just to clarify: you are categorically ruling out the possibility that ford may strengthen the team during the year by replacing one of the second strings who will be on artificially high averages?

If the second strings are scoring loads of points and increasing their averages, why would you want to replace them??? It could mean a heat leader dropping to 2nd string and having the 'easier' rides - and that could be the case with any team!!

Edited by Skidder1

If the second strings are scoring loads of points and increasing their averages, why would you want to replace them??? It could mean a heat leader dropping to 2nd string and having the 'easier' rides - and that could be the case with any team!!

so you are saying that if Milik or Josh up there average to say 8.5 that Ford wouldnt then replace them with say Kasprzak for example?

or even tempt Holder back somehow

Its not like Poole like to drop a rider doing his job................ cough cough judas Miedzinski. :wink:

Its not like Poole like to drop a rider doing his job................ cough cough judas Miedzinski. :wink:

What is wrong with dropping riders? The key to a successful sports team is winning through effective team management, it's not about giving all the riders a big cuddle.

Why should they come in on 5? The last thing Britain needs is to distance themselves even further from the rest of the speedway world.

so you are saying that if Milik or Josh up there average to say 8.5 that Ford wouldnt then replace them with say Kasprzak for example?

or even tempt Holder back somehow

Why would you? If Milik or Josh are scoring that well then why go for the added cost of getting KK?

They'd also have to be averaging 9.2+ to get Holder in, who now has Danish as well as Swedish and Polish commitments!! Holder would only come in if Ward got injured - and even then it would depend on fixture clashes!

Why would you? If Milik or Josh are scoring that well then why go for the added cost of getting KK?

They'd also have to be averaging 9.2+ to get Holder in, who now has Danish as well as Swedish and Polish commitments!! Holder would only come in if Ward got injured - and even then it would depend on fixture clashes!

Why not? We all hear how brilliant Ford is so if you could bring in KK (for example) for Milik im sure he would. Your not telling me that either having Magic, Pawlicki or KK at 4 isnt better than Milik or Josh!

With the Holder situation could be 2 riders to make way to get him in.

You say he cant come because of commitments then say he would if Ward was injured!