British Speedway Forum

Pirates 2014

Just think how many more pages there would have been if the meeting had been cancelled before a wheel had turned, Belle Vue had had to forfeit the meeting because they could not restage it before the 'cut-off' date and Poole were given the 4 point victory anyway?!

Belle Vue would have missed out on a 'televised meeting' fee!! BV season ticket holders would have been up in arms at getting poor(er) value for money!

Poole would have been wrongly called 'the villains' of the piece, when it would have been as much out of their hands as this actual meeting and previous 'rain-offs at BV' had been!! :P

Anyway onwards and upwards - water under the bridge - lets concentrate on the thread now!! I'm not sure that Poole should be favourites again for 2014? The team looks ok but so do 3 or 4 others. There will undoubtedly be some great meetings and particularly looking forward to 28th May and the hospitality available - by invitation only - that evening! :t:

Edited by Skidder1

Just think how many more pages there would have been if the meeting had been cancelled before a wheel had turned, Belle Vue had had to forfeit the meeting because they could not restage it before the 'cut-off' date and Poole were given the 4 point victory anyway?!

no more pages because a cancelled meeting would have been the rightful decisioon and if it hadnt have been runit wouldnt have mattered because as shovlar and many others have said poole would have won on a dry track.

it was the manner of the call off that was quite clearly disgusting.

Middlo in his usual manner saying it was dangerous when Iversen fell but happy to have a re run.

It was obvious to all it was a fix up to get to heat 10 end of story.

Hancock actually passed someone in heat 10 , if he hadnt you can bet your bottom doller we would have had heat 11. The fact that heat 10 was raceable (with overtaking) and heat 11 wasnt though we had no more rain was a joke.

• Like 2

Guilty of what exactly? Wanting to be champions?So you think it would have been better to have called it off and just let Poole miss out on the playoffs and let Lakeside through by default?I am sure there are many non Poole fans who wanted exactly that to happen but it would have been a travesty for the playoffs positions to have been decided by a wet night in Manchester. At least all meetings took place to give a fair outcome. And Poole would have won comfortably if the BV track had been dry anyway.

Interesting that you mentioned Lakeside and call-offs in the same sentence :rofl:

• Like 1

why do poole fans just bury their heads! one of you should have the balls to come and say it didnt look good at belle vue but we got away with it , but no its all jealousy

Well i for one did say that,not that is going to stop your Poole bashing on every thread possible.It really does get boring when you type the stuff over and over agian.We get it,you dont like anything poole,just post about something else for a change.

• Like 2

Guilty of what exactly? Wanting to be champions?

So you think it would have been better to have called it off and just let Poole miss out on the playoffs and let Lakeside through by default?

I am sure there are many non Poole fans who wanted exactly that to happen but it would have been a travesty for the playoffs positions to have been decided by a wet night in Manchester. At least all meetings took place to give a fair outcome. And Poole would have won comfortably if the BV track had been dry anyway.

Guilt only in the context of accuations being made and defended re being blinkered etc not any actual wrongdoing as such. Loyalty to your own side is no crime in my book.

But could you honestly say that had it been Peterborough for example needing 4 points to overhaul Poole that you posts following that meeting wouldve been "Fair play Boro - that was the right result for Speedway" or would it have been more like "how was that meeting ever allowed to go ahead in those conditions?"

With regard to the Lakeside qualification by default scenario I actually agree that wouldve have been an unpalatable situation but it wouldve at least resulted from the correct course of action being taken as to the running of the meeting from a safety point of view.

you say no proof of anything. Well the heat 10 fiasco was on tv so we all saw that. I'm merely pointing out that most controversial issues in our sport have Pooles name at the heart of them,. Other speedway fans do not make these things up out of jealousy and hatred they are things that have happened. What annoys people is the bury the head in the sand attitude of some Poole fans on here one in particular who just trolls. The Darcy Ward page in the gp section is a prime example of some Poole fans blinkeredness. Until Poole fans see what goes on sometimes then I'm afraid you are simply just fanning the flames

Gav. that meeting was called off for rider safety. All 14 riders gave it their best shot, the track had deteriorated into an ice rink. Had any BV riders got injured due to the fact in selfishness they carried on riding the BV management and fans would have had big cause to complain, and rightly so. EVERYBODY was in total agreeance that the meeting should come to a hault. All those who continue to complain are compromising rider safety. And yes, had BV been in our position, the meeting would still had been called off. It just so happened we were 7 points in front.

Edited by Starman2006

Gav. that meeting was called off for rider safety. All 14 riders gave it their best shot, the track had deteriorated into an ice rink. Had any BV riders got injured due to the fact in selfishness they carried on riding the BV management and fans would have had big cause to complain, and rightly so. EVERYBODY was in total agreeance that the meeting should come to a hault. All those who continue to complain are compromising rider safety. And yes, had BV been in our position, the meeting would still had been called off. It just so happened we were 7 points in front.

If rider safety was paramount, the meeting should never have even started...

• Like 6

As i said, they gave it a go, the Referee was ok with it to start. And it was called off before anybody got injured. Is that not good enough for you??

As i said, they gave it a go, the Referee was ok with it to start. And it was called off before anybody got injured. Is that not good enough for you??

NO..it was a disaster waiting to happen. My opinion would have been the same whatever teams were involved...

• Like 1

NO..it was a disaster waiting to happen. My opinion would have been the same whatever teams were involved...

What the hell are you talking about. In one breath you are saying that OUR meeting shouldn't have been called off, and in the next you are saying had it been any other meeting it should have been called off. That smacks of poole hatred. I suggest you go back to the section called Premier League, because thats where you should be moaning, because clearly, you don't have a clue what your talking about.

What the hell are you talking about. In one breath you are saying that OUR meeting shouldn't have been called off, and in the next you are saying had it been any other meeting it should have been called off. That smacks of poole hatred. I suggest you go back to the section called Premier League, because thats where you should be moaning, because clearly, you don't have a clue what your talking about.

Never have said that, i have always said it should never have even started. Maybe you should read posts properly before you make a fool of yourself. I'll post where i want too thanks,

• Like 2

Well i for one did say that,not that is going to stop your Poole bashing on every thread possible.It really does get boring when you type the stuff over and over agian.We get it,you dont like anything poole,just post about something else for a change.

wasnt aimed at you.

its not poole bashing why do poole fans all think that.

its about the fact that certain poole fans see no wrong and it frustrates the rest of us. time to leave the belle vue track alone now

Never have said that, i have always said it should never have even started. Maybe you should read posts properly before you make a fool of yourself. I'll post where i want too thanks,

Maybe you should listen to what i said. before you go digging yourself a hole. The Referee was ok with the meeting to go ahead. Thats good enough for 14 riders and two team managers.

Nothing wrong with a team being successful, however it appears many questions should be asked over pooles success over the years, last year was a farce and not a true success, poole came up against clubs in financial proplems,and I honestly believe them clubs had to allow poole success, or other wise face the possibility of going out of business or pl speedway, look whot happened to coventry and peterborough after 2010.2011, and of peterborough result amunded just when they could have made play offs, influence it appears are being used with BSPA, poole, lakeside meeting should have never bin called off,and why no points duducted for both teams, only way forward is for a independent BSPA, pooles success is appears very tainted and ih years to come. With the BSPA removed truth will come out.

Nobody seemed too bothered by rider safety if they fell before the end of heat ten. Besides, the fact is we all know that the meeting would have continued had Poole not been the required numbers up. It was a dreadful, farcical evening, a sham of a meeting that only existed to ensure Poole got their way, as several Poole fans on here acknowledged at the time.

Edited by Kester
  • Like 6

Nobody seemed too bothered by rider safety if they fell before the end of heat ten. Besides, the fact is we all know that the meeting would have continued had Poole not been the required numbers up. It was a dreadful, farcical evening, a sham of a meeting that only existed to ensure Poole got their way, as several Poole fans on here acknowledged at the time.

Really. Now you are totally guessing. Another Anti poole fan. Riders will ride on anything, providing they deem it safe. They deemed it safe when the meeting started they didn't deem it safe after heat 10. . Tough, we won the league and we will do it again this season, just to rub acid into your wounds..