British Speedway Forum

Pirates 2014

Ha Ha, then you woke up... :rofl: The EL Trophy is very happy at poole, mixed in with all the others. I don't think it wants to leave, to homely... ;)

Probably going Cov or Wolves YET again :t:

Wolves will be alsorans near the bottom of the league.

Comedy troll of the day.

Have the recent floods contaminated the water supply down in Dorset, I wonder ?

I doubt it. its the usual gunge spouted out every post by the same few. :t:

Again, another guesser, that will not be happening. Eddie Mitchell will not get a sniff of Poole Speedway. So stop trying to bait people, because it ain't going to work go back to your dot to dot book.

But Gavan, there is no proof whatsoever, everybody is guessing. Besides, shouldn't you be swatting up for Cheltenham, you don't make money trying to convince poole fans they are wrong.. Ive told you this before, your time is better spent with your head in the form pages..

you say no proof of anything. Well the heat 10 fiasco was on tv so we all saw that. I'm merely pointing out that most controversial issues in our sport have Pooles name at the heart of them,. Other speedway fans do not make these things up out of jealousy and hatred they are things that have happened. What annoys people is the bury the head in the sand attitude of some Poole fans on here one in particular who just trolls. The Darcy Ward page in the gp section is a prime example of some Poole fans blinkeredness. Until Poole fans see what goes on sometimes then I'm afraid you are simply just fanning the flames

For one that dislikes Poole with a passion it's amazing the guy spends most of his time following Poole threads around. Clearly a closet Pirates fan who just wishes his team could compete. Unforunately they are not even in the same league! lOL!!

It just doesn't seem to have sunk into his spry head that Poole had no saying over the weather at Belle Vue last season, but had been put into a situation where they HAD to race to have a chance of qualifying for the playoffs due to the cut off date. Did they want to ride? No of course not but with the Sky cameras there and no other dates available before the cut off, it was the only chance to progress. The riders decided they would give it a go to get the required 4 points, and they did a fantastic job to succeed. With Belle Vue happy to call it quits after heat 10 the right decision was made. Any other club in Poole's position would have done the same thing. Any moans and groans is just petty jealousy and upset that Poole managed to do what was required in atrocious conditions. So proud of the boys after that night and perhaps even more so due to the downright frustration generated on here by the Poole haters. Went to bed that night beaming because it meant we had made the playoffs and had every chance of the ultimate glory.

Teams at the top are always a target for the haters. Poole act no different to any other club, perhaps we are cleaner than most (Kings Lynn and Peterborough calling off meetings for no reason last season was hardly debated on here)

End of the day we are the Champions of the Elite League and will go into 2014 as favourites to defend our title. Until other clubs raise their game to the professionalism of Matt Ford, Middlo and the team at Poole, other clubs will always be chasing our shirt tails.

Happy Days!

• Like 1

Probably going Cov or Wolves YET again :t:

Comedy troll of the day.

I doubt it. its the usual gunge spouted out every post by the same few. :t:

I did have this poster on ignore, but to be honest, I missed the daily, unintelligible ramblings that often and unintentionally, end up as hilarious posts as he backtracks on ill-thought out observations!

1, Deluded if he thinks Wolves will be champions but then nothing new there...... I wouldn't rule out Coventry though.

2, Calling someone else a troll! :rofl:

3, Spouting "Gunge" on a daily basis doesn't count for you personally then steve!?

Edited by Poole Quay 7

See the teenage Poole fanatics with so little else to occupy them in their life's are out in force early today.

Thank you old man.

I haven't been called a teenager for a long time!

The constant references towards Steve Shovlar as like " a besotted teenage girl with pictures of Matt Ford on his bedroom wall " etc, etc are in-themselves, utterly childish and the amount of time you spend on a Poole thread makes the above statement rather strange to say the least!

Perhaps you might just accept that not everybody is consistently grumpy like you appear to be.

Edited by Poole Quay 7
  • Like 1

Oh the irony

You Brum and Gavan spend more time on here than most Poole fans

Harsh but true

Not no more I think you'll find as have more in my life than worrying about things that are pretty un-important.

Feel free to see when I posted on the Poole thread before this though as I know it's been a while!!!

Thank you old man.

I haven't been called a teenager for a long time!

The constant references towards Steve Shovlar as like " a besotted teenage girl with pictures of Matt Ford on his bedroom wall " etc, etc are in-themselves, utterly childish and the amount of time you spend on a Poole thread makes the above statement rather strange to say the least!

Perhaps you might just accept that not everybody is consistently grumpy like you appear to be.

Please see my reply on Dorset delight & get my posts on Poole thread of late as there isn't any.

As for the other bit I find it funny how grown men are so besotted with riders let alone a promotor & that does not make me childish at all.

For one that dislikes Poole with a passion it's amazing the guy spends most of his time following Poole threads around. Clearly a closet Pirates fan who just wishes his team could compete. Unforunately they are not even in the same league! lOL!!

It just doesn't seem to have sunk into his spry head that Poole had no saying over the weather at Belle Vue last season, but had been put into a situation where they HAD to race to have a chance of qualifying for the playoffs due to the cut off date. Did they want to ride? No of course not but with the Sky cameras there and no other dates available before the cut off, it was the only chance to progress. The riders decided they would give it a go to get the required 4 points, and they did a fantastic job to succeed. With Belle Vue happy to call it quits after heat 10 the right decision was made. Any other club in Poole's position would have done the same thing. Any moans and groans is just petty jealousy and upset that Poole managed to do what was required in atrocious conditions. So proud of the boys after that night and perhaps even more so due to the downright frustration generated on here by the Poole haters. Went to bed that night beaming because it meant we had made the playoffs and had every chance of the ultimate glory.

Teams at the top are always a target for the haters. Poole act no different to any other club, perhaps we are cleaner than most (Kings Lynn and Peterborough calling off meetings for no reason last season was hardly debated on here)

End of the day we are the Champions of the Elite League and will go into 2014 as favourites to defend our title. Until other clubs raise their game to the professionalism of Matt Ford, Middlo and the team at Poole, other clubs will always be chasing our shirt tails.

Happy Days!

deary deary me the usual guff.

im not woried about competing with Poole im a speedway fan and an ipswich fan and im happy to watch my club race.

Pathetically you think that everything people write is jealousy and you are so far from the truth.

Please show me a post where i say i dislike Poole or their riders? You wont find one.

Find me a post where i dislike Matt Ford? You will find many

If you could answer the question of why is the majority of controversial issues in our sport involving one club then go ahead.

Usually the stock answer is along the lines of:

anti poole / jealousy / we will win everything / bashing the keyboard /

delete any of the above as appropiate or will you shock horror reply normally

Happy Days!

Ralph Malph cracks another one... :party:

and yes i do spend a lot of time on the poole thread as usually its the most talked about topic on here and as a speedway fan i have a right to comment same as everyone else does.

im hardly going to write on an Eastbourne or Lakeside thread? 2 clubs where the fans arent on here a lot and arent involved in any controversy

Happy Days!

Unfortunately for you here Steve I would say that your description of events actually would be classed as 'evidence for the prisecution' so to speak.

In your own words:

The conditions were atrocious.

Neither side wanted to ride.

At any other point of the season it wouldve be called off and rearranged.

Belle Vue were happy to go along with any decision made.

The only reason it took place is that it was Pooles only chance of ensuring play off qualification.

That reads much more an admission of guilt than a sturdy defence.

Where I would agree is that other teams indiscretions are quickly forgotten but that maybe because those situations are an exception for other clubs rather than the norm as is perceived by many for Poole.

• Like 3

Unfortunately for you here Steve I would say that your description of events actually would be classed as 'evidence for the prisecution' so to speak.

In your own words:

The conditions were atrocious.

Neither side wanted to ride.

At any other point of the season it wouldve be called off and rearranged.

Belle Vue were happy to go along with any decision made.

The only reason it took place is that it was Pooles only chance of ensuring play off qualification.

That reads much more an admission of guilt than a sturdy defence.

Where I would agree is that other teams indiscretions are quickly forgotten but that maybe because those situations are an exception for other clubs rather than the norm as is perceived by many for Poole.

Guilty of what exactly? Wanting to be champions?

So you think it would have been better to have called it off and just let Poole miss out on the playoffs and let Lakeside through by default?

I am sure there are many non Poole fans who wanted exactly that to happen but it would have been a travesty for the playoffs positions to have been decided by a wet night in Manchester. At least all meetings took place to give a fair outcome. And Poole would have won comfortably if the BV track had been dry anyway.