British Speedway Forum

Eastbourne 2014

bennyr

So with Lakeside having finalised their side will we see Kim Nilson back at the eagles next year? i for one would be happy as he was improving lots towards the end of the season certainly would put him ahead of some others.

Can't argue with that! Strange thing is he was a rider we should never have signed, we had a couple of extra points to play with when we signed him (basically a reserve in place of a heat leader) yet he was probably one of only a couple of riders that came out of last season for us with any credit. At the Championship of Sussex meeting at the end of the year he was absolutely on fire and riding some lines round the pits bend I've not seen since Martin Dugard retired, if he continued on that form he should easily put a couple of points on his average but will we just revert back to using our assets?

• Like 2

Can't argue with that! Strange thing is he was a rider we should never have signed, we had a couple of extra points to play with when we signed him (basically a reserve in place of a heat leader) yet he was probably one of only a couple of riders that came out of last season for us with any credit. At the Championship of Sussex meeting at the end of the year he was absolutely on fire and riding some lines round the pits bend I've not seen since Martin Dugard retired, if he continued on that form he should easily put a couple of points on his average but will we just revert back to using our assets?

i hope we dont just use our assets i would like to see Kim and Michel back then with over 7pts to play with get someoneelse in.. but knowing eastbourne can pretty much guess which route they will go down

i hope we dont just use our assets i would like to see Kim and Michel back then with over 7pts to play with get someoneelse in.. but knowing eastbourne can pretty much guess which route they will go down

I think Eastbourne will do just as you suggest. Kim, Michel and a 7 pointer. I know they have been predictable at times but surely they will use the points available this time

Not interested in riding in England is what the fans were told.

And there lies the problem these days - unless I see or hear it direct from the rider concerned (ie. Twitter, Facebook, Sky interview etc.) I don't believe a word of it - fans are given far too many ambiguous reasons/excuses for riders not signing or absences by many clubs I find it best to keep an open mind.

In Joonas defence he only rode a short part of the season for us (Panthers) which may well have suited him at that time of the year, but I am glad he did as I enjoyed watching his skill on a bike, his speed and some of his passes at the EoES were superb. Had we been racing in 2014 he is one rider I would definitely have welcomed back.