British Speedway Forum

Eastbourne 2014

bennyr

If we do run next season then it is quite clear that Bjarne will be back as no 1 judging by his comments but of course will depend on what Poole want to do, there is no way Zagar will be bought back to Eastbourne after his last stint at Eastbourne.

I would love to see Mikkel back at Eastbourne but know that due to his sponsors/Danish commitments he is under pressure not to sign for Eastbourne/UK club. Would def keep Cam and Kim as for the others would ditch everyone else and get new riders in. Personally I would like to have Richtie Worrall at Eastbourne.

Suspect however that Lewis would be back and maybe Joonas and Eddie K, Joonas would depend very much on how much he wants to focus on his long track ambitions and after seeing him race at Eastbourne the other week certainly would not want him back.

Also think that every team should be made to have a British rider in their team this year was the first time for a long time that we did not have a British rider in the side and we need to be looking after our own riders and not filling the team with oversea's riders.

Why are you sticking your nose in ? Piss off and leave this to the Eastbourne fans.

No matter what the topic is you will find he has to put his unwanted uninformed and quite useless input in to it.

Makes out he knows exactly what is going on but could probably count the amount of times he has been correct on one hand. He seems to think he is best mates with every promoter/rider and is told things before it becomes public but all he does is make himself look stupid but is too dense to realise what a laughing stock he is with everyone on here.

My Eagles team.

1. Matej Zagar

2. Timo Lahti

3. Joonas Kylmakoorpi

4. Lukas Dryml

5. Cameron Woodword

6. Simon Gustafsson

7. Mikkel Michelsen

It looks very strong in regard to British riders. :icon_smile_clown:

I can remember the old days in the late 1950s Southern Area League when crowds at Arlington just for Southern Area League matches - something like modern day National League - attracted 2,000-plus crowds for Sunday afternoon meetings.

Looks like it could all be (more) doom and gloom for Eastbourne in 2014, according to the Speedway Star - which I presume is a more in depth article than Mr Dugard gave to the local paper?!

Bobby Dugard has been saying exactly the same for the last decade.

I actually attended the double header this year and the stadium hasn't changed for years, paid to park in a field, a charge to sit on a plank of wood, covered in dust from the very first heat because the owners hadn't watered it properly and toilets that I could smell from 75 feet away, I won't mention the racing because their wasn't any, it was over generally by the first corner and the track was as slick as I have always seen it.

Eastbourne have much the same problem that most if not all the other EL clubs have, they pay out more to riders than they get in from supporters and sky, you can dress it up whatever way you want but the situation isn't going to improve until they completely restructure the sport in this country and rebrand it at the value it's really worth which is a tenner at best for league matches.

If that means we lose some of these superstars who cannot make a living from getting less than £75 a point then so be it, the mechanics, big vans, 2/3 bikes, flights and race suits will have to go.

• Like 3

To be fair Bob underwent heart surgery last winter and now needs a further op. Is anyone else willing to fork out £70,000 to keep speedway going at Arlington ?

• Like 2

I can remember the old days in the late 1950s Southern Area League when crowds at Arlington just for Southern Area League matches - something like modern day National League - attracted 2,000-plus crowds for Sunday afternoon meetings.

Sunday definitely the best day to run speedway for attendances

We are running a poll for the best day to run speedway at Arlington. If you attend/would attend then vote here http://whereeaglesda.../about1844.html

I actually attended the double header this year and the stadium hasn't changed for years, paid to park in a field, a charge to sit on a plank of wood, covered in dust from the very first heat because the owners hadn't watered it properly and toilets that I could smell from 7 feet away, I won't mention the racing because their wasn't any, it was over generally by the first corner and the track was as slick as I have always seen it.

Charged to sit on a plank of wood?? Not sure what you are on about there but unfortunately the rest is true and has been for the last couple of seasons. IMHO our track needs an overhaul this is the main tool to provide decent racing and this season it's been mainly like a dust bowl, many say the new silencer won't work with more shale on our track but what we've got at the moment clearly isn't working and fans are voting with their feet, yes there are other factors like replacing a heat leader with a reserve and running RR almost constantly for the last few years but get the racing right and generally people will be less likely to complain about who's actually riding for us!

R/R has been a loyal servant to Eastbourne.

The Dugards are the only reason there is speedway at Eastbourne. If you were losing £70,000 on a business would you significantly improve the facilities. The track is important of good racing but currently riders don't like tracks with grip and majority always say the track is well prepared albeit some gates may be favored .. Usually the red and blue ..

R/R has been a loyal servant to Eastbourne.

The Dugards are the only reason there is speedway at Eastbourne. If you were losing £70,000 on a business would you significantly improve the facilities. The track is important of good racing but currently riders don't like tracks with grip and majority always say the track is well prepared albeit some gates may be favored .. Usually the red and blue ..

Good racing, it's been processional for decades.

• Like 1

Eastie need to bring back Saturday night speedway that will bring the crowds back .

So your going to be an Eastie fan now then??? :rofl: