British Speedway Forum

Eastbourne 2014

bennyr

Did MM ride enough matches to qualify as a Eastbourne asset ? If not I fear he will be Poole bound.

I believe Mikkelsen didn't ride enough meetings to become an Eastbourne asset however Eagles get first option on whether to use him. MM on the average has to be signed but in fairness the promotion know that and said the very same at back end of last season. Just depends if Danish sponsors & commitments etc allow him to ride Sat nights. All Eastbourne fans want him back.

Personally I think that MM will be going to Wolves... Looks like Dryml will end up going back seeing as he has his own little fan club, yes great around Arlington but always goes missing when he's on the road. A popular things with Eastbourne squads over the last 4 or 5 seasons "travel-sickness"

I really do wonder how the Eagles fans feel sometimes? The same old riders year in year out? The same sort of standard each season? Do you not feel your side is stale?

The team so far doesn't look too inspiring to me, and unless you pull Michelsen out of the hat (my bet is he's at Poole), I can see a similar position in the league again.

• Like 2

I really do wonder how the Eagles fans feel sometimes? The same old riders year in year out? The same sort of standard each season? Do you not feel your side is stale?

You've not been on the Eastbourne thread for about 3 years then? ;-)
  • Like 1

The team so far doesn't look too inspiring to me, and unless you pull Michelsen out of the hat (my bet is he's at Poole), I can see a similar position in the league again.

Uninspired is the word...

I thought at the end of last season if we could build a team around Lahti, Michelsen and Kim things in the garden would start to look rosey...

We have five riders comfirmed, none of whom are Lahti, Michelsen or Kim !!

My box of last years mince pies less stale

• Like 1

It would be such a shame for Eastbourne to lose mm but doubly to another elite team.

You would think the promotion would realise the fans are bored of seeing the same old same old. It's ok when riders are improving but can't see much improvement so far

It would be such a shame for Eastbourne to lose mm but doubly to another elite team.

You would think the promotion would realise the fans are bored of seeing the same old same old. It's ok when riders are improving but can't see much improvement so far

• Like 1

Whether or not we sign MM will define our season.

Important yes but for me what will define our season is can our top two consistently get the better of the opposition top two as races against easier opposition for the top two will surely be less with the change of race format this year.

I believe Mikkelsen didn't ride enough meetings to become an Eastbourne asset however Eagles get first option on whether to use him. MM on the average has to be signed but in fairness the promotion know that and said the very same at back end of last season. Just depends if Danish sponsors & commitments etc allow him to ride Sat nights. All Eastbourne fans want him back.

He did 5 home and 2 away league meetings scoring 52 (54) +10 points from 37 rides giving him an average of 5.62 (6.70) but remains a 5.00 assessed rider

Bjarne obviously did a good job for them last season and Woodward is Mr Eastbourne but I fully expected Michelsen along with Gustafsson or Lahti to also be included in next seasons line up leaving 7.37 or 7.74 for the last place so Kylmakorpi fits in that billing so it may be much the same yet again at Arlington but it's not a bad team, especially a home ..... but away ?

10.42 is all that's left meaning Dryml (5.7) won't be returning if the other is one of Lahti (4.8), Gustafson (5.17), Nilsson (5.18) or Michelson (5.00 - a bargain). I would opt for the last two. They came in mid-season and did alright. Lahti and Gustafson were crap all season and don't deserve a second chance.

If we dnt sign michelsen there even more stupid than I thought not too displeased with the confirmed 5 riders not sure on halsey..if we dnt get michelsen I can see them signing Nilsson and gustafsson

I would like two riders on assessed 5.00, michelsen and someone?

Michelson all the way for,me. I wish he was british but tonhave up and coming talent is always good news. Winning teams always have riders who increase their average and i think he will this year. Its the same for bech at lakeside