British Speedway Forum

Eastbourne 2014

bennyr

He has had a poor season but Simon Gustafsson 4.86 and Timo Lahti 4.66 look bargains for next season, especially if the points limit is around 35-38 points per team. Cameron Woodward 6.25 is the heart of the club, so that's three and if Mikkel Michelsen 5.00 is interested in returning instead of being drawn away to pastures new, then you have four very capable riders that will form the main spine of the team.

Depending on what's left after those four are signed (20.77) then I'm sure Eastbourne will find a 3.00 reserve and then fill the last two places with anyone from the list of Bjarne, Bridger or Dryml if possible.

Another season has drawn to an end at Arlington and that's be honest hardly a good season who do people want to see next season or will it be typical eastbourne stick with the same team that struggled this year, home form is fine but we need to build a team that can compete away

(An)other meeting(s) to go yet!!!

Edited by Skidder1

He has had a poor season but Simon Gustafsson 4.86 and Timo Lahti 4.66 look bargains for next season, especially if the points limit is around 35-38 points per team. Cameron Woodward 6.25 is the heart of the club, so that's three and if Mikkel Michelsen 5.00 is interested in returning instead of being drawn away to pastures new, then you have four very capable riders that will form the main spine of the team.

Depending on what's left after those four are signed (20.77) then I'm sure Eastbourne will find a 3.00 reserve and then fill the last two places with anyone from the list of Bjarne, Bridger or Dryml if possible.

I agree about timo think he would be a good rider to have again. I was never a big Woodward fan but he seems to be the engine of the team and would like to see him stay. As for Simon I think he needs to go on loan for a season get away from Arlington

As for dryml as funny and entertaining as he is he is taking a place witch could go to a better rider.

I think Bjarne will be number one as I think he as as good as we will get on the averages. As for other riders to bring in how about Danny king always 100%

God those four riders look really uninspiring , i think a total revamp is needed a total rethink of the way the club is heading.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well judging by what the team manager said in the local paper this week its goingto be more of the same next year.... :( :( so dont expect much

“If we can keep the same team this year then we’ll be fine. Mikkel Michelsen is such a talent, he’s a star for the future and he’ll be scoring at most tracks next year. Cameron Woodward has upped his game and it’s really paid off. Bjarne Petersen has been a fantastic leader and he loves Eastbourne so hopefully he is going to come back as well, hopefully there will be no changes in the rules and I’m really hopeful we can keep the same team.”.... Trevor Geer in the Eastbourne Herald.

Eastbourne has struggled to attract supporters this season. Certainly been a number of meetings where there has been barely 700 people. Next season there has to be changes or more fans will slip away.

Woodward has been excellent this season. He is the heartbeat of the club so can see him returning.

Michelsen looks a decent signing, can gate and will only get better. He is a must signing for next year.

With Lahti and Gustaffson on such low averages I can see one returning as a senior reserve but if the promotion wants to be forward thinking , one needs to go. Personally I would let Gustaffson go out on loan for a season he flattered to deceive this season and much was expected of him.

Pedersen has done a steady job and been the only rider who has been regularly competitive out of Sussex.

Mikkel Bech Jensen was targeted but preferred the number of meetings in the PL. In his only visit to Arlington for Poole Pirates Select he was superb and beat most Eagles for fun. Another exciting rider for the future.

Nilsson has got better with each meeting and at the Sussex Championship looked quick his average is to high for reserve but Arlington needs change. So as much as Dryml is popular at Eastie , I would go for Nilsson for 2014.

Lastly I imagine with averages, a 3 or 4pt to partner Lahti at reserve. Can't think of many 3pts that have done a job this season but Alex Davies as a guest for Brummies rode well.

Most importantly ensure michelsen signs.