British Speedway Forum

Sheffield For Sale

Sad to hear Machin is going but for last two seasons you could tell his heart was not in it anymore but thankyou Neil for being one of best promoters around.

Whoever comes in i hope follows the Neil Machin blueprint, whatever league we race in !

Edited by AndyK
  • Like 4

Much as I don't like the track itself (fastest bike wins), it is a superb facility. Probably the best stadium in the PL and in such a big city it should be possible to make a go of the Tigers.

Fingers crossed someone with real ambition and talent comes in for them.

If Neil Machin does sell, what a great loss to P.L. speedway. An inspiration, something other P.L. promoters should aspire to. What ever happens at Sheffield I am sure Neil will still be involved in British Speedway, and I wish him luck in what ever he does in the future. Thank you Neil for what you have achieved for speedway in general.

• Like 7

Much as I don't like the track itself (fastest bike wins), it is a superb facility. Probably the best stadium in the PL and in such a big city it should be possible to make a go of the Tigers.

Fingers crossed someone with real ambition and talent comes in for them.

hopefully if it is the best stadium in the PL they will allow for the fact that there will be a bigger crowd on sunday than normal and open up extra facilities like the bar on the 1st bend so you don't have to stand in queues for a refreshment or toilets.

Sad news for all at Sheffield Speedway, only 12 months ago the fans at Workington knew only too well how that feels. Hopefully a buyer will come along and turn it around just like our new promotion have. Such a good Stadium with good facilities. Fingers crossed

Don't think Neil Machin has said he is waliking away from Shffield, it is simply for sale.

Neil clearly has a strong view on the current state of the sport and how the men at the top are going about things. One things a fact he will not pay the hefty price for an air fence at Owlerton. I agree with him that the track is a safe one to ride and the fence does a great job.

Hopefully someone can come in and buy the club, Sheffield haven't paid out the wages like some clubs have done in this league and this has led to poor teams, resulting in poor crowds over the last two years.

It's a fact that a successful and exciting team can bring good crowds to Owlerton, 2007, 08, 11 have all proved this

When it says its up for sale, what would any prospective purchaser actually be buying ? I mean does it show a profit ?

Good point... What is for sale... ?? the stadium is rented, is there any current riders as assets but when Hull closed the assets stayed with the owner ?

I wouldnt imagine you can purchase the promotion as you would have to obtain licences etc from the BSPA ??

Not surprised by the news, in fact I fully expected it after last season.

Love him or Loathe, agree with him or disagree with him, Neil has been a very colourful character who will be missed.

I think the enthusiasm for the sport has drained from him, I think losing a lot of people who have been close friends some of who have played a major part in helping run the club, and I think that the new air fence rules have been the final nail in the coffin.

Will anyone take the club over?

Would you buy a speedway club.

The only thing up for sale would be the rider assets and license, so maybe Tony Mole could be interested in running Sheffield for a season and then transferring over to Bradford for the 2015 season.

Who knows, but it looks like a winter of uncertainty for us Sheffield fans.

• Like 1