British Speedway Forum

Workington Vs Edinburgh (double Header) 21/9/13 6.30pm

Interesting to hear that Workington and Edinburgh will be taking each other on in the outstanding PL meeting and their playoff meeting on the same night as the NLRC. (The only NL meeting that takes Preference over the PL).

Be Interesting to see Who Workington get to replace Ashley Morris and Who Edinburgh will have at Reserve when most of the best 3pt NL Riders will be taking part in the NLRC.

Interesting to hear that Workington and Edinburgh will be taking each other on in the outstanding PL meeting and their playoff meeting on the same night as the NLRC. (The only NL meeting that takes Preference over the PL).

Be Interesting to see Who Workington get to replace Ashley Morris and Who Edinburgh will have at Reserve when most of the best 3pt NL Riders will be taking part in the NLRC.

Certainly will be, dunno where this came from as there is no mention of any matches at home for the Comets this week on BSPA website!!

Will be a very good night for Derek Sneddon if he's at reserve for E,boro, a weak Chris Mills and a next in line 3 pointer will get us mullered against a strong team like the Monarchs, why the rush, why do we want to start our play off hopes against a strong team with a weakened side, don't get the thinking behind this at all?? :o

Certainly will be, dunno where this came from as there is no mention of any matches at home for the Comets this week on BSPA website!!

Will be a very good night for Derek Sneddon if he's at reserve for E,boro, a weak Chris Mills and a next in line 3 pointer will get us mullered against a strong team like the Monarchs, why the rush, why do we want to start our play off hopes against a strong team with a weakened side, don't get the thinking behind this at all?? :o

Workington can get a PL guest for Ashley Morris due to him being the highest average reserve.

Workington can get a PL guest for Ashley Morris due to him being the highest average reserve.

That's what threw me, I am assuming then that your description of highest average is based on Morris being at six and Mills at seven as according to the figures printed in the prog for the last match, Mills was 3.81 with Morris at 3.62? :blink:

Could have a chance with a good replacement but still think Monarchs have the upper hand at reserve!! :cry:

Thank's superstar1, caught the fixtures via another thread!! :t:

Any guest for Morris (within his average of course) as he is higher than Mills (3.15) Morris (3.66). Not a lot out there to choose from for Workington. Or ourselves as all the usual NL league guests are riding. Can see Max cleaning up at reserve which could turn the tie completely.

Really, Fricke didn't do too well round DP last Saturday, lets hope Millsy has a bit of luck

The recent away results at Leicester, Glasgow, Ipswich, Newcastle, and tonight's mauling at Somerset, indicate that apart from Cookie, the rest of the Monarchs have gone off the boil.

Worky are still a formidable force at home, and even missing Morris, should still comfortably win both matches by more than six points per fixture.

• Like 1

In normal circumstances, I would be optimistic about our chances at Derwent Park, but we need to get someone firing to back up the Cookie Monster... he can't win meetings on his own and a couple in the team need to step up their game otherwise another promising season will end trophy-less...

When mentioned that Schrammy was available to ride in place of Morris I knew we would go that route, probably the best of the choices for this track and it does at least give us a chance of some extra points in the basement? :t:

Weather forecast is set fair so should easily get both matches done and dusted. Think the P/Off match will be the more hard fought of the two, far more riding on that outcome but I'm still expecting Comets to come out on top, I'll go for a 50-40 with a similar score for the league match afterwards? ;)

Tero out injured for the rest of the season (get well soon wee man), Kyle Howarth did not ride last night due to injury...going to be super tough tonight. :neutral:

Think Kyle was illness topaz, never the less with losing Tero its all uphill from now on :((( . No Ash, come on Millsy we really really need you tonight marra :)) .

Keep fighting boys , we are the comets !!

This match will define the play off group.

A Monarchs point or better and Worky are probably already out of it.

A Worky win by 7 or more and the group is wide open.

This match will define the play off group.

A Monarchs point or better and Worky are probably already out of it.

A Worky win by 7 or more and the group is wide open.

A tough night on the cards, really needed Ashley especially now , but if we are not to progress to the final will Ippo or Edinburgh do me a massive favour ....beat them bloody Somerset Rebels who think they have won everything already !! Can't even get on to read their threads their heads are too big for anyone to fit in ;-))

Edited by Taylorj

A tough night on the cards, really needed Ashley especially now , but if we are not to progress to the final will Ippo or Edinburgh do me a massive favour ....beat them bloody Somerset Rebels who think they have won everything already !! Can't even get on to read their threads their heads are too big for anyone to fit in ;-))

And now with aarnio out its just got a whole lot tougher

Well isn't that just typical, start of the big matches and riders dropping like flies, hope Schrammy is up for this then, he's gonna have some shed load of rides tonight!! :o

Haven't been on Comets site yet so I'm assuming that it's r/r for Aarnio and hoping Kyle has just had bad guts but will be OK for tonight, be in a spot of bother if he isn't?

Can see Edinburgh going all out for this now, 1st match will be a belter, it's the one we both need a good start in, still confident we can win but may have to settle for a two pointer, I'll amend to 47-43.

Lg fixture wont be quite as intense so I'll stick me neck out and go for my original 50-40!! :D;)