British Speedway Forum

Swindon V Poole El Semi Final Play Off 1st Leg 23/9/13

So how comes every team in the plays offs have never done it before ? is it new great tactic that only Rosco has just thought of ..my point is that Rosco said weeks ago that they would be at home on this day ...this date in the middle of two massive footie matches has nowt to do with tactics . How many play off matches has Rosco been in before and never done it ?

What is the big deal? a home win get on the front foot and try and increase some pressure.My take on it is if we can't beat them over two legs we don't deserve to win anything.Tactics or what leg is first wont decide this tie, a bit of luck with falls and exclusions will have a massive bearing as it will be a close affair.
  • Like 1

What is the big deal? a home win get on the front foot and try and increase some pressure.My take on it is if we can't beat them over two legs we don't deserve to win anything.Tactics or what leg is first wont decide this tie, a bit of luck with falls and exclusions will have a massive bearing as it will be a close affair.

I thought we were taking or Poole for the money ? so if are we would not be taking the first leg in the middle of the footie matches would we ? the big deal is that are taken a date that go's against all logic meaning that there must another reason why.

TBF, just because someone is usually done doesn't make it right. Teams usually put R/R at number 2 even when it's their number 2 out, meaning the number 1 has to be R/R in heat 8. I just don't get it!

Spot on no doubt putting this match in between two massive footie matches when people are a week away from pay day is correct as well ? if you go second or first should not make much difference as a rule but this is crazy

• Like 1

Looking ahead to these two meetings, my anticipation levels are getting higher each day and win or lose - I can't wait to get it started and I think that shows what a good success the play-offs actually are.

I'm not playing a game of psychology, but I have genuinely thought all season that this particular Swindon team is too strong for anyone in the Elite League to beat over two legs. However, it's that wonderful maybe......just maybe lady luck will come down on our side but time will tell?

If we go into these meetings firing on all cylinders throughout the team, then we can give Swindon a hell of a run for their money.....Monday can't come around quick enough! :t:

Edited by Poole Quay 7
  • Like 2

We have Josh at reserve who is on good form. Likely that Dyer will only get 3 rides judging by his efforts a few weeks ago. Tungate missed that meeting but rode well there in the A fixture and seems on good form. Both Darcy and Hancock are going well and THJ is battling for his points. Has to do better thanthe B fixture when he was woeful for all but one ride.

Magic knows the track well and is capable. Just need to get him fired up as he does go AWOL.

We need to keep it to within 6-8 points and are then capable of doing the unthinkable. How joyous would that be? And this time, no pressure on us at all.

Bring it on boys!!

I thought we were taking or Poole for the money ? so if are we would not be taking the first leg in the middle of the footie matches would we ? the big deal is that are taken a date that go's against all logic meaning that there must another reason why.

Spot on no doubt putting this match in between two massive footie matches when people are a week away from pay day is correct as well ? if you go second or first should not make much difference as a rule but this is crazy

I still believe it will be a good crowd,last year i believe the weather made a hell of a difference.There is no meeting on Thursday,which helps i don't know the real reason why we chose to ride at home first.But i think it is the correct move whether it is for the club financially well that's a different matter.

Don't be ridiculous. Even the most ardent Poole fans know Swindon are clear favourites. No getting away from the fact. I would love it to be 50/50 but it's more 75/25 in Swindons favour.

Currently Swindon and Poole are joint favs to win the plays offs @ 2/1.(best prices) Hardly 75/25 in Swindon's favour to progress to the final

Despite topping the table, Birmingham are a ranked joint outsiders with Wolves @ 5/1.(best prices)

Currently Swindon and Poole are joint favs to win the plays offs @ 2/1.(best prices) Hardly 75/25 in Swindon's favour to progress to the final

Think those odds are about right, should be two closely contested meetings with very little between the teams..

Whatever happens, a sure bet is that Steve will be on here whinging/gloating endlessly (delete when appropriate) :t:

The good thing about this tie is that even if Poole beat us on Monday at home its not all over. I could see us going there and winning. Wouldn't be surprised if this goes down to heat 14 or 15 of the 2nd leg but I think we will do it. The Poole team has far too many last places in them but this is obviously made up for by a strong top 2. Got all the makings of a classic!

I agree coombers, I think all Robins fans know by now that Shov is after the bait by saying Swindon are overwhelming favourites. Poole could well come to Blunsdon and sneak a victory or at least keep it very tight. Ward rates the Abbey as one of his best tracks, Hancock enjoys riding there and in Janowski, Jonasson and Gracionek, Poole have three former Robins. That line up definitely looks threatening. However, the return could be a different story with the Robins easily capable of winning at Wimbourne Road. Local derbies and playoff/cup ties are the same in speedway as in football. Often you can tear up the form book. Both meetings look like classics to me.

• Like 2

But Steve is right, Swindon are still overwhelming favorites.. But you are right, both should be cracking meetings.

Edited by Starman2006

But Steve is right, Swindon are still overwhelming favorites.. But you are right, both should be cracking meetings.

It's a fact that Swindon have limped over the line to qualify for the Play Offs as a result of the 5 straight wins at the very start of the season.

Conversely the Pirates have stormed into the Play Off's after having changed their team many times and obviously have the momentum now

If this were not the case then the little lapdog would not be quite so 'HAPPY' :rofl:

Every knows that any true supporter of speedway will be behind the Robins.. :t:

Will Poole choke yet again :rofl::t:

I and all Poole fans are true speedway fans and most certainly do not support the Robins.

Rather support a team built within the financial boundaries of our club than one built in an attempt to win the league but bankrupt the club at the same time.

• Like 2