British Speedway Forum

Wolves V Birmingham Play Off Semi 1st Leg - 23rd September

Rubbish. Puk went in mid-track, tried to get back to the inside and Bomber was coming through and they clashed. 100% racing incident.

Most crashes are racing incidents. However Bomber whipped out Neils so the correct call was made.

Its all very well suggesting that Miskowiak is ditched but you don't suggest who should replace him even if that were possible.

Wolfie

RR is a better option so why would i need to a make a suggestion?

Michelsen would have been our best option (and could have been).

Nermark id have accepted and also Ljung. This of course has all been covered ages ago so its opening up old ground.

RR for Miskowiak has to be an improvement because he isnt the better option that many were saying he would be.

I warned he would be dreadful because of his poor start to the season and his seemingly decision to not come back to the UK has proved why he shouldn't have.

We'd be better with RR. A cold/trip to Las Vegas usually works.

The reality was he should have matched it, however you tried to claim he strengthened us which was totally wrong as he was not prepared for the meeting at all and had to bring in his GP bikes which quite clearly weren't set up for getting out the starts at Monmore. He tried his hardest I'm sure, but his performance was very sub standard for a rider of his ability.

This isn't a debate over who someone would have as their No 1, although if you were opening an EL track tomorrow you'd be a bit dumb not to choose a British World Champion (if he wins it) to lead your side if you had the choice! Maybe you should become a promoter after all, you'd fit right in :)

He should in reality of gone through the card, all the comments I made about him making wolves stronger were tongue in cheek... Surprised you didn't see that although it's no surprise that stevedumb didnt

Nki has been on fire in all three leagues all season and although his gp forms been superb I feel tai has dropped off a bit in the uk recently for whatever reason

All about opinions though and that's mine

• Like 1

He should in reality of gone through the card, all the comments I made about him making wolves stronger were tongue in cheek... Surprised you didn't see that although it's no surprise that stevedumb didnt

Nki has been on fire in all three leagues all season and although his gp forms been superb I feel tai has dropped off a bit in the uk recently for whatever reason

All about opinions though and that's mine

I'd almost agreed with you tbf, so didn't think you were being tongue in cheek. Hence me saying his inclusion 'should' have made us no weaker. I didn't know the situation with his bikes at that time however, although no doubt you didn't either.

I'd almost agreed with you tbf, so didn't think you were being tongue in cheek. Hence me saying his inclusion 'should' have made us no weaker. I didn't know the situation with his bikes at that time however, although no doubt you didn't either.

Typical Pinstripe, the joke that no one got.

Most crashes are racing incidents. However Bomber whipped out Neils so the correct call was made.

RR is a better option so why would i need to a make a suggestion?

Michelsen would have been our best option (and could have been).

Nermark id have accepted and also Ljung. This of course has all been covered ages ago so its opening up old ground.

RR for Miskowiak has to be an improvement because he isnt the better option that many were saying he would be.

I warned he would be dreadful because of his poor start to the season and his seemingly decision to not come back to the UK has proved why he shouldn't have.

Shame the promotion didn't listen you then eh Steve? The reality is Nermark and Ljung didn't want to come and most of the Elite League were after Michelsen.

Rightly or wrongly, Miskowiak was available and willing to ride and you can only go with who's available to come.

If he could've reproduced last season's form, especially his away form, he could have been a decent signing.

Shame the promotion didn't listen you then eh Steve? The reality is Nermark and Ljung didn't want to come and most of the Elite League were after Michelsen.

Rightly or wrongly, Miskowiak was available and willing to ride and you can only go with who's available to come.

If he could've reproduced last season's form, especially his away form, he could have been a decent signing.

Well yea they should have listened shouldn't they!

Michelsen WAS interested but as is typical we go for the cheaper option and the option that seemed the preferred one all along.

His UK form has been dire this season, irregardless of how many meetings he has ridden here.

I was just trying to wind a few wolves fans up and it backfired - have no shame admitting that .

Didn't realise nki had shipped his Lynn gear off either, something clearly amiss as his score of five is extremely out of character

Doyle is a disgrace. Utter disgrace. No other words for it. He should be banned from the 2nd leg.

Why? Because he might score a lot of points?

Posters in here always harp on about the hard men of yesteryear as if they are gods. You get a bit of afters last night and ban them all boo hoo. Sets it up nicely for next week.

• Like 1

I was just trying to wind a few wolves fans up and it backfired - have no shame admitting that .

Didn't realise nki had shipped his Lynn gear off either, something clearly amiss as his score of five is extremely out of character

His Lynn gear was apparently locked away in Peterborough,and his mechanic who had the keys,had taken a short trip to Germany,so NKI had no access.So we are told. :blink:

Well yea they should have listened shouldn't they!

Michelsen WAS interested but as is typical we go for the cheaper option and the option that seemed the preferred one all along.

His UK form has been dire this season, irregardless of how many meetings he has ridden here.

Michelson couldn't do the fixtures that we had which is why negotiations didn't go as far as money - regarding Miskowiak you can't just drop a rider and replace him with R/R just because he isn't scoring - he has to withdraw his services or be injured - if he's dropped you have to replace him with someone else.

Just seen this thread and im lauging my arse off at the uppety Wolves fans slagging Doyley off when if they want to experience rough tactics look no further than there own Angry Man Freddie..Lindgren knew exactly what he was doing down that straight and to me it looked like an unfortunate coming together afterwards..as for Bewitcher accusing Doyle of 'assault' jesus stressy nessy you need to get a life!

• Like 1

Just seen this thread and im lauging my arse off at the uppety Wolves fans slagging Doyley off when if they want to experience rough tactics look no further than there own Angry Man Freddie..Lindgren knew exactly what he was doing down that straight and to me it looked like an unfortunate coming together afterwards..as for Bewitcher accusing Doyle of 'assault' jesus stressy nessy you need to get a life!

Having watched the replays of the incident now rather than just going on live viewing, to be honest, both incidents have been totally overblown.

Lindgren was nowhere near Doyle when he slowed, Doyle didn't even have to shut off at any point. The after race collision does look pretty innocuous.

• Like 2

I have only seen this incident once, on tv. It looked to me that Freddie, for some reason, cut to the inside of the track approaching the finishing line. He approached the 1st turn ,still going very quickly, almost along the white line. As he got to the turn he seemed to put the bike sideways on to scrub off speed,but drifted out and clipped the back wheel of Doyle's bike as he came round the outside of him. Can't understand what the fuss is about to be honest.

• Like 2

Bwitcher that has to be the daftest post ive read Doyle should be banned!!!

Im a neutral and in my view it was just daft from both riders.

Lindgren didnt need to do what he did but was well clear at the time so no real malice.

Watching it again Doyle come across the front o show him what he did was wrong i dont think Doyle deliberatly took him off.

It was handbags and cant believe people are fired up over it. Nobody could have got injured by what happened.

Have a look at what went on the 70's and 80's when men were men!

Also the NKI incident was purely a racing one nothing more. Bomber isnt dirty we all know that. Basicaly Iversen turns the bike very hard at Monmore and he did on that turn. Harris ran in to hard and miscalculated where Iversen was going to be.

Harris was rightfully excluded but for some on here to say it was dirty are so wide of the mark.

The move by Harris in the last heat was reckless to say the least - there was never going to be a way through.

The most disappointing thing was the idiotic Brummies fan - I would like to describe him in stronger language but I don't like to swear on here - who cheered both times that NKI fell off excusing his actions by saying that his falls were good for the Brummies.

Wolfie

Oh dear Wolfie, of course the Wolves fans would never dream of doing that would they? I don't condone anyone cheering for a rider whos fallen its pathetic and just shows the mentality of that person but please ............. don't come on here pretending that Wolves fans are Angels! Every fan base has their muppets and I'm not proud of our but we don't live in a perfect world do we?

Oh dear Wolfie, of course the Wolves fans would never dream of doing that would they? I don't condone anyone cheering for a rider whos fallen its pathetic and just shows the mentality of that person but please ............. don't come on here pretending that Wolves fans are Angels! Every fan base has their muppets and I'm not proud of our but we don't live in a perfect world do we?

I condemn all fans that cheer when riders fall off no matter which team they support - so perhaps you should be criticising the fans who do this and not me for raising this point.